2008 Scion xD

Based on 142 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Cons: "Ride quality."

"I have had my xd for 5 years and have changed the oil, put one set of front brakes, and tires on it. It still runs great and I don't foresee any upcoming repairs. It currently has 94,500 miles. Great value considering I only paid $17,500 for it!"

Cons: "Ride quality."

Bought XD used, a 2009, with 157k miles on it.

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Reliable for lots of miles"

Cons: "Somewhat noisy .. better tires work well"

"Bought this Scion XD in Missouri while traveling there in July, 2013. The car was maintained IMPECCABLY for five years before i bought it. (Manufactured 8/2008) After 160K miles, if maintained, they drive almost like a new one. I drove a new 2013 XD a few months ago, and I believe that a well maintained used one performs the same.) (IT IS a TOYOTA) same(Make sure the previous owner changed the oil and filer every 3K miles, or so.) I paid a little over 1/3 of the new price for my XD. If you are going to keep an XD for many years, I would recommend buying a new one. The quality is excellent .. Sheepskin seat covers are also wonderful."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Great value, easy to configure seats, great power"

Awesome little car!

"I have loved this car since I bought it. There is nothing comparable to it, quality wise, for the price. My manual transmission gives me lots of power, while I consistently get over 30mpg. I love that the seats fold completely flat, and I am able to carry just as much music gear as I did in my previous car, a Toyota Prius. For the money, this car is much better than what you get with a Prius, while getting the dependability of a Toyota. I put in a pioneer after-market nav system, and this little car is perfect. I paid it off this month, and know it will last me at least another 5 years! That's what I call value for the money. I can't think of anything I would change about it. Visibility is great out of all windows, power doors, windows, and locks, security system, cruise control. It looks cool in white, and I have gotten compliments on it everywhere I go."

Awesome little car!

Wish It Would Wear Out - Want A New One!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "100% reliable"

"Totally reliable, change oil and go... average 38 mpg (mostly hwy driving)"

very bumpy and extremely noisy car.

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "price, look,"

Cons: "poor fuel economy, noisy engine, poor ride comfort"

"The average MPG is 24. The car is very bumpy and noisy. It looks nice in and out but its lemon. I would not recommend it. The warranty service is very poor. I will never buy Scion neither Toyota again.."

scion xd 2008

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "very nice to drive"

Cons: "noisy engine"

"Fun car to drive,great gas milage,except to cheap quality,it looks like they made them not to last,and I noticed that the engine is kind of loud!! But the car is good enough to attract others,(I usually get comments...) and save money overall!"

Aweome little car for the price

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Price, sporty, customizable, and horsepower"

Cons: "noisy on highway, non-standard center armrest"

"I recently started working for a car dealership so I have plenty of resouces at my disposal for researching cars. My mom has the original version of the xD when it came out in 2008 (which she LOVES), so I am familiar with the car. My orginal choice of car was out of my price range in the end, so I had to look for cheaper options. I saw the xD sitting on our lot and decided to look more into it. I liked the price, it had everythign I needed, and I know they are good quality because of my mom's experince. So I got it and I do not regret my choice at all. For being a compact car, it has plenty of horsepower and it handles nicely. They are easily customizble (both from the manufacture and post-market). The only things I do not like is that the center armrest is not standard (to be honest that bothers my boyfriend more than me and I am the one who drives it more) and that it is a bit noisier than I expected on the highway. And the dealership my mom bought hers from is already begging her to sell it back and get a new one because there is a demand for them used. So great potential resell value."

not comfortable

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "cheap to fill at the pump"

Cons: "no arm rest, buttons in odd places"

dealer pic

"I wouldn't recommend this vehicle,I have owned this vehicle for less then a year (July 2012),you will find the arm rest on the door is very uncomfortable an is not proportioned properly, the steering wheel needs to have a telescope feature other wise you'll be reaching for the steering wheel (tall or short persons),it doesn't ride very smooth,arm rest doesn't come standard,seats are not comfy for long rides,(re-sale/trade in value is very poor)"

dealer pic

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xD near Honolulu. See local deals