2008 Scion xD

Based on 140 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

I love my Scion. It is my first car, i felt in

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "IT FEELS LIKE IT WAS MADE FOR ME."

"love when i first saw it. However I have to up grade it."

oh yeah

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

"very good car but the price is to much for this unit.."

Fantastic Car! Don't think twice about buying one!

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Great value - VERY dependable"

"Have had my 2008 for 7 years this coming October. I commute about 75 miles (37 each way) each day, so have put a lot of miles on it. After 150,000 miles the only 'non-maintenance' thing I've done is replaced a front wheel bearing. Compare that with another car I own(with 157,000 miles) that I put over $4,000 into over the last year. The xD is incredibly dependable. Not as quiet as a larger car, but much quieter than the Honda Fit. With back seats down, it carries much more cargo than you'd think. IPod connectivity and aux in are also very nice for the younger generation. I'd buy another one without a second thought. I bought close to the base model and only wish that Bluetooth had been available for the 2008's. Won't go wrong with this car. Only downside is it has a pretty bad blindspot and no place between seats to store anything, but these are a small price to pay. Hoping to get 300,000 or 400,000 miles out of this car. So far, so good."

I love my 'Yip yip'

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "decent price, good looking, flexible"

Cons: "128 hp, 33 mpg top, hard to find"

"I went with this particular vehicle because of my personal need to transport large kennels (big dogs). It's really met my needs well, whether I'm traveling with my friend or siblings (comfortably, I'm proud to say) commuting on my own, transporting my dog, or packing a surprising volume in the back for a move, it's been great. No issues to date, and Scion's warranty and reputation was definitely a contributing factor in the purchase. There are faster and more fuel-efficient options, but you'd be hard pressed to find one in the same price range with the same space flexibility and good looks (I looked extensively for months before going with what I now refer to as "Yip yip." My significant other drives a heavily customized Subaru Forester built for Tarmac racing, and greatly enjoyed the drive in my little XD, referring to it as "peppy", despite its lower horse power, but with a very pleasant response with its light weight and size. I personally love a nice sharp small turn radius and great visibility for safety. Nice full audio range certainly doesn't hurt either. My favorite car I've owned yet"

Cons: "some road noise and noisy tires."

"Great car for driving in congested traffic . . . peppy, but not a lion. I really loved having it for these past eight years. New tires all around about 5000 miles ago. No mechanical problems and excellent mileage - 32-34 MPG."

Good first car

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Good cup holders, Two decently sized glove boxes"

Cons: "Seats, ride quality, Interior Space, Wind Noise"

"If you want a cheap, reliable first car, then this is the car for you. I'm averaging 36 mpg which is above the quoted dealership mpg. The engine, all be it really small, is peppy through the first few gears. There's good feed back through the steering wheel, peddles, and gearbox, while the gear box (with the manual gearbox) is notchy, and its very hard to miss a gear, although it doesn't like to be forced/rushed into gear. For what it is, it handles surprisingly well, even though there is quite a bit of body roll. The car is not a sports car, but it rides like a sports car, the seats do hug you decently, but are way to firm. This is not a comfortable car to take on long road trips, not only because its seats are to firm, but because its cramped in the interior. The seats sit way to high up, as well as the lack of overall leg room. Its also a sea of plastic, but more high quality plastic, it wont break just by going over bumps. All in all, it's a great first car that is easy to learn on (especially if you want to learn to drive stick), pretty economical, and cheap enough to break in."

2008 Spunky & roomy

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Reason: business needs

Pros: "great price, loads of cup holders"

Cons: "no way to open backhatch directly"

"My dad was 6' tall and was amazed by the leg room and head room in the front and back of this car. Plus the fact of how easy it was to get in and out of. This car is so fun to drive. I bought it new, because it was cheaper to buy new than a used car similar to it. Since this was new style. I had it for 3 years, put 66k miles on it, VERY dependable. I loved the way the seats supported the back of your legs, sets like a truck seat (non-Toyota truck)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xD near Honolulu. See local deals