2014 Scion xB Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,113 - $17,410.

10/6.3

Based on 248 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Best car for the money I ever owned

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive because it's so funny looking"

Cons: "Seats aren't the most comfortable"

"Bought this car in 10/09 and have had no issues with it at all. It has great pickup on the highway and good gas mileage. Except for oil changes and new tires, I haven't had to spend any money on it!"

A good quality car with room for a family.

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Plenty of room, dependable."

Cons: "road noise and gas mileage"

"I am tall, 4 inches shy of 7feet, and fit in this car nicely. However my wife of 5'1" can drive it as well. We have owned this car since '08 and it has been extremely trustworthy. It rides and handles well and is zippy. The only drawbacks I can mention are the road noise and the fact that the manual transmission needs a 6th gear as at 80mph, legal here on the highway, it runs past 3500 rpm and the gas mileage suffers. Expect anywhere from 22 to 30 mpg depending on load and driver. I have loved this car and would buy another."

GOOD CAR!

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "EASY TO DRIVE"

Cons: "TRADE IN VALUE"

"HAD BOUGHT ONE OF THE FIRST XB`S AND SOLD TO BY THIS ONE. TRADE IN VALUE HAS DROPPED MORE THAN I EXPECTED. PAINT EASY TO CHIP ( SHOULD SELL ALL CARS WITH PLASTIC PROTECTOR COATING ON WHOLE FRONT OF CAR) DRIVES GREAT GOOD GAS MILAGE 27-31 MPG. WIFE DRIVES THIS CAR TO WORK AND SHE LOVES IT. EASY TO DRIVE AND PARK. NO PROBLEMS."

The 2014 Xb is the Perfect ride

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "A little extra cash, gets you a lot more."

Cons: "The car's AC unit takes about 2 minutes to kick in"

"I have owned a 2000 Ford Explorer, 2003 Oldsmobile Alero, a 2003 Hyundai Accent, and lastly a 2010 Toyota Corolla that I'd borrowed for months from my brother. Nothing compares to the space and comfortable driving dynamics of the Scion Xb. Before choosing the 2014 Kia Soul or the Nissan Cube, consider these questions and then make a decision: Do they come standard with Bluetooth technology communication that allows you to make calls and use your cell device on an on screen in cabin touch interface? Will the dealership offer a 5 year 60k warranty at no additional charge with a 3 year 36k maintenance and a 2 year (no miles applicable) Scion Road Side assistance (standard on the Scion)? Does it have a Stereo system that outshines both cars by an additional $1500 at no additional cost(standard on the Scion)? Are they any larger then the Xb? Lastly, but not least: Do other cars guarantee quality resale value for your vehicle such that the Toyota Scion brand name has given their consumers? It can go without being said that I believe the Scion Xb is a bit underrated. The car is not perfect, but it is not the car everyone may think it is due to overall reviewing. I love KBB and what it has done for me to put me on the right roads and steer me in the best direction for my new car. I wish that many of the things I have mentioned would effect the overall rating of the vehicle, but for some reason there is not a category and it is escaped or missed by many people. If you read this, and it is available for viewing, please take these things into consideration and make the most educated choice. I don't mind the Kia Soul. Hey, the thing comes with a panoramic sun roof, that's cool! I just want the full gravity and weight of your decision to be put on the scale properly; something that KBB has been great at. Thank you KBB and thank you reader. PS: The Scion Xb comes with a wheel that can move towards or farther away from you (great for tall drivers like me) along with an Average MPG meter with a display to see how you are doing on MPG in real time. Very useful to finding out how to drive the car in the most efficient way. I am a young driver with a heavy foot and I have averaged 26 city and highway miles. This car is amazing."

not a single problem

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

I want this car

"i drove from San Antonio Tx to San Francisco Ca not to conferrable but good gas vs my GMC truck fun ride"