2014 Scion xB Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,332 - $16,843.

10/6.3

Based on 263 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Exceptional small car value

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Pros: "Value, versitility, practicality"

Cons: "Interior is not as fancy as some may want/expect"

"The xB does not have the flash and features that you may find in some other small cars, but it's amazingly practical and useful. I traded in a 4Runner when gas prices went through the roof. The little Scion has proven to be a great alternative. It's huge inside, gets better gas mileage than the EPA rating suggests, and has been completely reliable. Okay it doesnt have leather, blue tooth and all of that junk, it's all about hauling you and your stuff wherever you need to go with practicality and a little quirky style. I didn't expect to like this car anywhere near as much as I do."

An 'OK' car - a lil disappointed :(

By on Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pros: "Gr8 headroom, inside/trunk space, power"

Cons: "sub par interior design, uncomfy seats, low MPG"

At the dealership when I bought the car

"This is a great 1st car for anyone - not necessarily for people who spend a lot of time in the car and expect a few frills like comfortable seats and butt warmers. Pros: 1. Decent Price - but should be ~$3K cheaper in my POV 2. Great interior Space, Headroom and trunk space. The trunk space is way bigger that those in some SUVs as well. No problem going to the laundry after 3 weeks! 3. Easy to get in and out of 4. Great pickup, acceleration"

At the dealership when I bought the car

Great crossover for the money

By on Wednesday, June 02, 2010

"Was in the market for an affordable used car and happened to come across this XB while looking for a SUV (something bigger) at Jay Wlofe Outlet in Blue Srpings, MO. Salesman and finance employees very helpful and I was very suprised by the interior room of this vehicle. Large cargo area and the ride is much smoother than several bigger SuV's we test drove. Stereo is second to none and adequate rear seat room for adult passengers. Motor is much peppier than my trade (2003 focus) and vision is exceptional."

SCION xB..A Better "Fit" than Honda

By on Sunday, March 09, 2008

"I have had my new Scion for two months and the gas mileage is 26 to 27. The car is a pleasure to drive and it has more options than the Fit and is quieter on the road. My wife has a Fit and she likes my Scion xB because of the interior room and the nice amenities. The steering wheel stereo controls are great! The amount of money I paid is very reasonable and believe it is a good value. The only thing it needs is two back up lights, a lumbar support for the lower back and some bigger cup holders. Also some lighting for the cup holders would be nice. Buy it, you will fit it in it better"

I adore this car!

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Great car - love everything about it!"

Cons: "Would love if it had a sun roof option"

"This car rocks! Very good gas mileage, comfortable, does great in the bad weather, snow, ice, here in the high country of the Colorado mountains. I bought this new and have driven it all 46,000 miles and absolutely no issues ever! Often have to put on over 800 highway miles a month on icy snow packed roads over high mountain passes and this car just buzzes along past all the folks spinning out and slipping. It also has great acceleration even in cruise control when climbing the 10,000 foot mountain pass."

Great city car

By on Wednesday, September 09, 2009

"The 2008 Scion xB is a comfortable, dependable vehicle. Its interior is huge, and will hold large amounts of cargo or people. If you live in the city, you will quickly learn to appreciate the very tight turning radius of the xB. The 4-cylinder engine provides adequate performance, and I can easily exceed 30mpg on the highway. It performs well in both rainy and snowy conditions. The integrated iPod controller is a handy feature to have when you're driving through less populated areas. If you're looking for a big vehicle in a small package, the Scion xB might be a safe choice."

why I am toyota loyal

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"I was originally going to buy my 4th corolla after my last one hit 170K miles then was sold on the xb after a quick test drive. This is the perfect car. I have a catering business and it is roomy enough to use for small catering jobs but good enough on mpg to be my daily driver. From the outside it's smaller than the camry but can haul as much as the tacoma. We have already taken it on a few road trips and it is wonderful. Tons of room in the backseat & cargo area made a 500 mile trip for 3 big adults go by in a breeze. I have the manual trans and I LOVE it. I've been away on vacation for 2 weeks and I could not wait to come back and drive my toaster. I also purchased the upgraded ipod/nav system and moon roof and it was the best upgrade I ever could have made. The nav system is the coolest thing ever and comes with points of interest in case you're somewhere new and want to find a place by name - sometimes it'll also give you the phone #."

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, August 21, 2008

"I have owned my 2009 Xb since May 08'. I am 6' 4" and have plenty of room in my Xb. I own the manual transmission and and could not be happier with this choice of vehicle. I have added the cold air intake and exhaust, makes a huge improvment to the performance. I am averaging 32-36mpg. Besides a little road noise this is a great vehicle. Would definatly recommend to anyone, this is comming from a guy who has owned nothing but full size trucks before."

My fourth Scion

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive,extremely reliable."

Cons: "Sits to low,easy to bottom out."

"This is my third XB model and it will go back to the dealer on Monday as they are pulling my new one off another dealers lot as they did not have the color I wanted.The new one will be my fifth Scion.I can't say enough good things about it.Extremely reliable,never any problems.Picks up speed well,nice smooth ride. I will say it sits very low so it's easy to bottom out on high parking lot entrance"s...Great car!"

Nice Car with a couple flaws

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable, very reliable"

Cons: "Small fuel tank, lackluster standard radio"

"I like my Scion fine but I can't say that I am in love with it. It runs great, drives fine, and I have had no problems but it sure isn't exciting in any way. My biggest complaint about the car is the small fuel tank, it seems like i am always putting gas in it. I don't think you could take it on a trip simply because you'd stop for gas constantly. Its quite comfortable and the air conditioning is great, but the standard stereo leaves alot to be desired. My 2003 VW jetta stereo is a hundred times better. Other than that it has been a good car and the dealer has been great. One more thing, I do almost all highway driving and get 25 mpg."

It the XB for me

By on Saturday, September 19, 2009

"I recently sold my 2007 Honda Element SC because the ride was just to rough. We test drove and purchased the 2010 XB and have been very pleased with all aspects of the car. The ride is great, I'm averaging 28.5 combined city/ hiway (7 mpg better than the Element). The Alpine radio with the touch screen is worth the money-- displays and plays right from my iPod and the sound is great. The price of the XB is right and in my opinion, they could get another $2000 for it -- great value. I'm one happy camper with the XB."

Very Nice Car!

By on Saturday, November 03, 2007

"I have put on 1000 miles on the car and have enjoyed driving it. I am getting 27 miles per gallon with city and highway driving. It's a Camry with an attitude! It comes with more safty features and is about $4000 dollors less. I find the sound system to be excellent, you just have to learn how to adjust the system for the cd or radio station you are listening too (it take sometime to learn what the sound system can do). I think Scion could improve the center console and arm rest to improve comfort and function. Over all it's a great car that is fun to drive!"

YOU CAN'T BEAT THIS CAR FOR THE MONEY.

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "FUN, PRACTICAL, INEXPENSIVE, SAFE,"

Cons: "NEED A TRANSMISSION AT 83,000 MILE. :>("

CHILLING WITH THE HOMIES

"HAVE HAD MY 2009 XB FOR FIVE YEARS NOW AND IS STILL FUN TO DRIVE. THROW EVERYTHING IN AND GO GREAT FOR PEOPLE CARRYING OR GOING TO COSTCO. I GET 33 MPG HIGHWAY"

CHILLING WITH THE HOMIES

Love this car!

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Good on gas, great price, comfortable"

Cons: "Blind spots, driving in the wind"

"This is a great vehicle if you're looking for something reliable and inexpensive to drive. It is very comfortable with lots of room with an ample number of cup holders. It does have some very bad blind spots and it's not good to drive in very windy conditions, but overall this is a great car. I would recommend this vehicle for people with small children, those who own small businesses or those who want a new car and don't want to spend a lot of money."

The best car purchase I've made in 35 years

By on Friday, August 03, 2012

Pros: "great value, fun to drive"

Cons: "My son thinks it's ugly and refuses to drive it."

"I purchased the 2009 in August of 2008. Four years later I have never had one problem with the vehicle. Knock on wood! It's such a great feeling to get into my vehicle and know that it will start every time. That gives me so much peace of mind."

great commuter car and for short-med trips

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "a lot of car for the money, great mpg"

Cons: "when loaded w/ 4 people and AC, little underpower"

"Great car for commuting and day trips, great fuel economy, easy to drive, reliable, handles well, plenty of storage room. Good value, it's not "cheap" but it's not a cadilac either."

Good cargo room, wish it could be quieter

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Fuel Economy, no service issues"

Cons: "Loud inside while driving."

"I own 4 Scion XB cars for my company. We put about 30,000 miles a year on them for sales and support. They get 30 miles/gallon and have not had any service issues. We have to carry equipment, tools, and literature and the cargo room is great for the size and fuel economy. The only item that would keep me from buying more of these is they have a lot of road noise inside the cab. It is hard on the ears and makes talking on blue tooth while driving hard to do."

Good Car for the Price.

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "Great millage and hauler"

Cons: "Cheap exterior paint."

"Its been a really good car for the past 2 years. It been cheap to operate gas/maintenance. With the passenger seat set to reclined I can haul a 6' and a 8' ladder or about 20 8' 2x4's."

Road Trip and It went great!

By on Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Pros: "Lots of space"

Cons: "No arm rest on the passenger seat. It can sound a little tinny when you shut the door."

"I just came back from a really long road trip. North Dakota to Las Vegas and Kingman AZ and back again. I had an original XB and I would have NEVER EVER drove that car that far. This was great. It was comfortable, I listened to audio books, the sound was great. I would do it again! We packed lots and lots of stuff into the car on the return trip. I had room for more. It handled all the mountain passes great. The air conditioning cooled off the car right now and IT was HOT! I would do it again. The gas miledge isn't that great like 27 or 28 would love to see better but for the size of the car and the power it has it was OK. I traded a full size f-150 for this car. I paint for a living and do wood work. I can get my sprayer, tool boxes and ladders into this car. I can't haul a full size door but I have a f-250 and trailer to do that. I live in a small community and run in and out of a larger one to go to the gym almost every day. I was tired of filling up the truck twice a week with over 75 in gas each time. I live in ND so snow is an issue. I have only had to stay home once because the snow drifts were to high on our road. It goes thru alot which is amazing because it does sit pretty low to the ground! Love it!"

scion family

By on Saturday, February 27, 2010

"We currently own a tC and and xB. This is my second xB. I traded my original for the new version because it came with side impact air bags. We are a family of 4 and have two small dogs. Trust me when I say, the kids can pack the house on the way to grandma's and we still have plenty of room. Our second car was a Dodge Caravan and we traded it (for the scion tc) after we fell in love with the scion xB. Roomy, great gas mileage and nobody tells me it looks like I stole my mom's mini van. Plus having the ipod connections is a family favorite. Runs great, gets around good in the winter. It's a blast to drive in the summer, window's down radio up.....kids singing from the back seat."

Very Nice Car

By on Tuesday, November 03, 2009

"Worth the money. Very reliable and great residual value."

Best Vehicle, overall, that I ever owned

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "Good price, decent mileage, outstanding quality"

Cons: "Low windshield at top"

"I bought this X/B new in 2008. Unfortunately, my wife totaled it in a bad wreck a few days ago. Luckily, she was not seriously hurt. I am really going to miss it! Such a great little vehicle. Never any problems in the 5 years we had it. Comfortable, peppy and fun to drive with lots of interior room, yet small on the outside. I don't know if I want a new 2014 X/B, as I think it is due for a re-design next year? Will still consider a new X/B or maybe a Nissan Cube or Kia Soul. The only shortcoming with the X/B was the low windshield height which made it hard to see a red light if it was right above you and you were waiting for it to change. Minor problem, really."

Best Car I ever driven.

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Price, power, room for 5, and looks great"

Cons: "Spare tire is ugly (i have a yellow one)"

"Love my car I am 6'5" tall and i fit with no problem. I think its funny how a what looks to be a smaller car has more room and comfort then some SUV's and Trucks.I have 116000 mi on mine and have had no issues not to mention i have a 2008 . I do my preventative maintenance on it and its still like when i drove it off the lot. I went to a full synthetic oil and never looked back."

AMAZING.

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "Cute design, spacious, great on gas."

Cons: "Uncomfortable passenger seat, the car is low."

beautiful! :)

"This car was given to me by my parents. Its amazing! Best car I've ever had. Although, when I ride in the passenger seat it can be a bit uncomfortable. But other than it, its the best car. It has a cute look to it and mine is purple so its even cuter. The inside is very spacious. We had cloth seats and got leather put in as soon as we bought it. And I have to add its great on gas."

beautiful! :)

Great Mover! You can move a lot of stuff!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Grat milage. Lots of room."

Cons: "Feel the bumps with stock shocks."

"Love the car that everyone calls (THE BOX). Friends laugh till they sit inside and notice how much room they have. I can carry more inside then my friends SUVs."