2013 Scion xB Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,554 - $16,909.

Invoice N/A

10/6.4

Based on 244 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

amazing vehicle

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "can't beat the price for what you get"

Cons: "windshield and front end are chip magnets...."

"with a K&N ir filter, I average 34.5 mpg on the freeway...36 mpg across country recently. A simple mod that made a huge difference in mpg. The car is amazingly comfortable...I'm tall and I've never been more comfortable...6,000 miles across country and back - some of the best seats ever. Reliable? and how. Strong engine...cold a/c, spot on cruise control and a ride that I find very nice... no rattles, grunts or groans after 4.5 years of daily use. I'd buy another...."

Love this car

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "Price, standard features, room"

Cons: "4 speed transmission, ok fuel economy."

"The 2012 XB is the first new car that we bought and we really love it. For the price, you get a lot of things standard. The power and gas mileage is decent. We get 29 mpg on highway which is more than the rated mileage. The display is digital which is real easy to read. Some parts in cabin feel plasticity but for the price no complaints. It is comfortable on long trips as well. We just took it on a long trip and was very comfortable. Insurance is also cheap compared to other cars maybe because of safety features. I hope Scion keeps making and improving XB's. It definitely will do better with a 6 speed transmission. There had been a rumor that they were going to discontinue the XB this year but did not happen."

Reliable, quick, a lot of get up and go, comfort

By on Saturday, May 04, 2013

Pros: "Great price, reliable, quick, maintains value"

Cons: "No navigation system."

"While there may not be as many bells and whistles as fancier cars, this car has everything I need. Comfort was important since I had a previous back injury. Rear passenger room was important with a son that is 6'3". We always have plently of leg and head room. Never feel crowded with 5 in the car. If I am alone I can even get a 6" ladder in the car. Great acceleration for getting out onto a busy street or manuervering on the freeway. Has some really interesting features with the transmission. Mileage around town could be better, average 23 mpg, but that is lower because of the way I drive. Has MP3 plug in in addition to CD player."

Best Vehicle For The Money

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

"This is the first Scion I've ever owned or driven. It's great on gas, very roomy and very reliable. I purchased this vehicle pre-owned in May 2009 for 21,000. I now have 85,000 miles and it's still running like new. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone who's single or has a family. Scion did very well engineering this car. The only thing that they should have done different was add a timer delay option for the rear window wiper. You can only turn it on or off. Kudos to Scion!"

Car is everything I had hoped for!

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Reason: given a Lexus by family member

Cons: "only black interior"

"Drives great, very responsive Back seat is extra roomy and back doors are large giving easy access even for large adults Didn't come with Bluetooth so I had to add Parrot Bluetooth and it worked great with exiting system. Even thought I was given a Lexus I didn't want to sell my Scion! I love this car!!! For the price I paid, $19,000 I think it is worth every penny of it and didn't find any other car in this price range that compared then and I still feel that way. Only thing I didn't like was it only came with black interior, I put colorful seat covers on though."

Lots of space . . . and doesn't ride like a truck

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Price, resale value, Toyota reliability"

Cons: "Lack of passenger armrest and 5-speed automatic"

"I've had a 2010 xB for 3 1/2 years; it's been dependable, fuel-efficient (27.3 MPG), and handy (for helping friends move, bringing materials home for renovations, etc.). Four adults can ride comfortably, though the front passenger doesn't enjoy an armrest on their left. Cupholders in all four door panels hold liter-sized drinks; four smaller holders are found in the center console. Dark tinted glass (standard) somewhat compensates for lack of a cargo cover (available for $260 at Scion). The gauges are easy to read; the center-mounted location isn't quirky after a few weeks. The seven-function trip computer is bare-bones, while my only complaint is that the four-speed automatic transmission isn't a five- or six-speed. I've never used the clutchless "shift on the fly" feature; if you stomp on the gas, it'll accelerate pretty fast for a shoebox on wheels. The great thing about optional equipment is that an owner can have as many they desire, or not, installed anytime after buying; light kits, alloy wheels, etc. I decided to wait six months before doing any modifications (other than the $39 cargo net and carpeted cargo/floor mats for $135); ultimately I added nothing else. This car wasn't even in the mix when I was buying; the VW Jetta Turbo Diesel (41 mpg hwy / 30 mpg city, along with tax credits) was my target, but lack of its availability when my prior lease expired, and a savings of $6500 on a cash transaction put me in the Scion - and have been happy since."

All around best car ever

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "All of it"

"I have ran new car dealerships. Worked in the industry all my life and I sell RVs now. Toyota / Scion cars are truly the highest resale most reliable cars in the states ...this xb is really a joy to own easy to get into, drive, and agile ,,,, it turns on a dime, it has huge room inside and love the stereo with built in rear sub with amp ,,, the wheels available for this car are awesome ,,, the spoiler is a great touch ... Yes fixed up it is one very nice, zippy ,fun to drive car ... Go get one they make you smile!"

Poor Gas Millage, Car Feels Very Cheaply Made

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Color is black, what i wanted"

Cons: "Poor gas millage"

"New purchase. I have less than 1k miles. Average 24/mpg. Very poor millage. Salesperson said a "break-in" first then millage will increase. I don't believe this. I'm now stuck with a 3 year lease and I hate this car! Interior feels like came from Wal-Mart. I can't customize anything because it is a lease. I feel like I am overpaying. I have been driving Toyota's for twenty years. This is my last."

A great car

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "yes great car and a pleasure to drive"

"I love my 2010 scion. we have 3 xbs in the family. getting in and out with a bad hip and knee is easy.A lot of room. My brother put a washer in his with great ease. I loaned it to my daughter and she did not want to give her back. Only problem is we all have oil consumption. I've owned many new cars and not had an oil issue. Scion should make this right for all concerened. I love driving her and have driven many long hours with ease and confort. Sure beats the fit. one lady has a fit and she asked me about my scion and said she would have boutht my car after seeing how much room it has, an learning about all the extras that are standard."

2012 Scion XB is an amazing value

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Insane cheap price, Room, great handling"

Cons: "needs 6th gear! engine noise (due to no 6th gear)"

"Just bought this car and traded in my 2009 Chevy Cobalt. Other considerations were a VW sport wagon, Subaru Imprezza, but the price of the XB cannot be beat by any car made with this much room. This is not a luxury car by any means, but is a great car to haul stuff around and get decent mileage. Mine has a 5 speed manual, and my only gripe is it needs a 6th gear. It runs at high RPM on the highway which can be a little noisy, but this really isn't a big deal considering the other high points of the car and the insane $17,000 purchase price. So far I'm getting 27mpg average (only 800 miles on it so far), and when I set the cruise at 55mph, I get 34-36mpg (according the the instant mpg reading in the dash). My list of great points. -The room! So much room! -The heater cranks out the heat, very quickly. Love the heater -The bluetooth connectivity to my IPhone 5 is mind blowing. Apps like Pandora, Tune In Radio work wonderfully and displays the songs on the radio and gives you full steering wheel control to skip songs, rewind(tunein radio), etc... This is awesome! When you get a phone call, you just hit the phone button on the stereo. No need to take the IPhone out of your pocket. -The nice bright high beams! My lower points... that I can think of.... - no daytime running lights that turn on automatically - doesn't' charge your phone with the car off (that's a toyota thing) - no 6th gear...like I said... automatics are probably better on highway."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25