2012 Scion xB

Based on 252 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

An exceptional value

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "comfort, stereo, versatile space, resell value"

Cons: "road noise"

"This car fits my lifestyle perfectly but above all the reliability is what sold me. Almost anyone will tell you the most important feature in any vehicle is reliability and after glowing reviews on reliability from friends with Xb's I decided to make this my first new car purchase ever. So far I have had no mechanical issues with the exception of some grinding when shifting into reverse (manual) but it's done that since day one and I've had other cars that did without any failure. Almost every feature delivers exactly what you would expect for the price with no disappointment. I have versatile space, decent pickup, average fuel economy and convenient appointments. My favorite design feature is the ease of getting in and out. The ergonomics of the seats are great and the upright posture keeps me alert while driving (I can fall asleep driving on long trips). Overall I would buy one again since the cost to own has been low and the used value has remained high."

Comfy, roomy, well loved 2008 Scion XB for sale

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

"Great, reliable, well-maintained Scion with a mere 47,000 miles."

Wonder Car!

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "reliable and well built & fun to drive roomy too!"

Cons: "gas milage could be better"

"This is a excellent all purpose car. great seating BIG room & nice handling and extremely well built. Many great features are included. For the money it has NO real equals Most owners truly praise and LOVE this car for a very good reason. A proven drivetrain and proven long term quality & reliability ... perfect? ..no ...good? YES! ..very! LLJ"

Good car, but has some short comings

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "HD radio, space galore, mechanical quality"

Cons: "Noise, interior quality, comfort level"

"I bought this car a little over two years ago and traded in my 1997 Buick Regal. Main reason for buying it was the desire to move larger items without having to borrow the neighbors truck or rent a moving van and the reliability of Toyota. It works great for utilitarian purposes, but comfort is much farther down on it's list of strong points. It has a fairly stiff ride, which can be bad for long trips. The interior over the past year has started to develop a lot of very annoying rattles and creaks, which are a pet peeve of mine. MPG is decent for this car but with better transmission it could be soooo much better. Engine noise, due to the transmission, is always running high rpms, but has pretty good power around town. The audio system is a very good unit, with aux jack, USB charging and connectivity, and HD radio that I have become so use to having that it hurts a little to consider parting with it. I get very use to having static-free reception for news and music. Overall, I love the space that it has and the looks are clean and definitely unique. I am thinking of replacing it for something with a bit more refinement since I do drive a lot, but it has been a very good hauling and multi-purpose vehicle. As a primary vehicle it may not be a good everyday car, but could definitely serve as a wonderful secondary utility vehicle."

Best car for the money I ever owned

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive because it's so funny looking"

Cons: "Seats aren't the most comfortable"

"Bought this car in 10/09 and have had no issues with it at all. It has great pickup on the highway and good gas mileage. Except for oil changes and new tires, I haven't had to spend any money on it!"

A good quality car with room for a family.

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Plenty of room, dependable."

Cons: "road noise and gas mileage"

"I am tall, 4 inches shy of 7feet, and fit in this car nicely. However my wife of 5'1" can drive it as well. We have owned this car since '08 and it has been extremely trustworthy. It rides and handles well and is zippy. The only drawbacks I can mention are the road noise and the fact that the manual transmission needs a 6th gear as at 80mph, legal here on the highway, it runs past 3500 rpm and the gas mileage suffers. Expect anywhere from 22 to 30 mpg depending on load and driver. I have loved this car and would buy another."

GOOD CAR!

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "EASY TO DRIVE"

Cons: "TRADE IN VALUE"

"HAD BOUGHT ONE OF THE FIRST XB`S AND SOLD TO BY THIS ONE. TRADE IN VALUE HAS DROPPED MORE THAN I EXPECTED. PAINT EASY TO CHIP ( SHOULD SELL ALL CARS WITH PLASTIC PROTECTOR COATING ON WHOLE FRONT OF CAR) DRIVES GREAT GOOD GAS MILAGE 27-31 MPG. WIFE DRIVES THIS CAR TO WORK AND SHE LOVES IT. EASY TO DRIVE AND PARK. NO PROBLEMS."

The 2014 Xb is the Perfect ride

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "A little extra cash, gets you a lot more."

Cons: "The car's AC unit takes about 2 minutes to kick in"

"I have owned a 2000 Ford Explorer, 2003 Oldsmobile Alero, a 2003 Hyundai Accent, and lastly a 2010 Toyota Corolla that I'd borrowed for months from my brother. Nothing compares to the space and comfortable driving dynamics of the Scion Xb. Before choosing the 2014 Kia Soul or the Nissan Cube, consider these questions and then make a decision: Do they come standard with Bluetooth technology communication that allows you to make calls and use your cell device on an on screen in cabin touch interface? Will the dealership offer a 5 year 60k warranty at no additional charge with a 3 year 36k maintenance and a 2 year (no miles applicable) Scion Road Side assistance (standard on the Scion)? Does it have a Stereo system that outshines both cars by an additional $1500 at no additional cost(standard on the Scion)? Are they any larger then the Xb? Lastly, but not least: Do other cars guarantee quality resale value for your vehicle such that the Toyota Scion brand name has given their consumers? It can go without being said that I believe the Scion Xb is a bit underrated. The car is not perfect, but it is not the car everyone may think it is due to overall reviewing. I love KBB and what it has done for me to put me on the right roads and steer me in the best direction for my new car. I wish that many of the things I have mentioned would effect the overall rating of the vehicle, but for some reason there is not a category and it is escaped or missed by many people. If you read this, and it is available for viewing, please take these things into consideration and make the most educated choice. I don't mind the Kia Soul. Hey, the thing comes with a panoramic sun roof, that's cool! I just want the full gravity and weight of your decision to be put on the scale properly; something that KBB has been great at. Thank you KBB and thank you reader. PS: The Scion Xb comes with a wheel that can move towards or farther away from you (great for tall drivers like me) along with an Average MPG meter with a display to see how you are doing on MPG in real time. Very useful to finding out how to drive the car in the most efficient way. I am a young driver with a heavy foot and I have averaged 26 city and highway miles. This car is amazing."

not a single problem

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

I want this car

"i drove from San Antonio Tx to San Francisco Ca not to conferrable but good gas vs my GMC truck fun ride"

Drives like a sports car, hauls like a big SUV

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "great acceleration and handling"

Cons: "Interior is a little cheap and develops rattles"

"I owned my Xb for 6 years and have driven it all over the country (including some rough roads it wasn't designed to drive on)and it has been mechanically bulletproof. All I've ever done is change the oil and rotate the tires. The little boxcar handles like its on rails and I love the acceleration! Only downsides is it sits very low to the ground and being an avid hiker I often hear the undercarage draging over rocks on unpaved roads and because its so low to the ground I've had to replace the windshild numerous times, seems if theres a rock or bolt flying off a big truck it will find the Xb's big windshield. The only other complaint I could have is it has developed a number of interior rattles, which is unusual for a Toyota product. My old Tacoma had over 200K hard miles and didn't rattle at all. Still I'd highly recommend this car to anyone who needed space to haul a lot of stuff but still wanted to feel like they are driving a high performance sports car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xB near Honolulu. See local deals