2011 Scion xB

Based on 249 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

amazing vehicle

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "can't beat the price for what you get"

Cons: "windshield and front end are chip magnets...."

"with a K&N ir filter, I average 34.5 mpg on the freeway...36 mpg across country recently. A simple mod that made a huge difference in mpg. The car is amazingly comfortable...I'm tall and I've never been more comfortable...6,000 miles across country and back - some of the best seats ever. Reliable? and how. Strong engine...cold a/c, spot on cruise control and a ride that I find very nice... no rattles, grunts or groans after 4.5 years of daily use. I'd buy another...."

Love this car

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "Price, standard features, room"

Cons: "4 speed transmission, ok fuel economy."

"The 2012 XB is the first new car that we bought and we really love it. For the price, you get a lot of things standard. The power and gas mileage is decent. We get 29 mpg on highway which is more than the rated mileage. The display is digital which is real easy to read. Some parts in cabin feel plasticity but for the price no complaints. It is comfortable on long trips as well. We just took it on a long trip and was very comfortable. Insurance is also cheap compared to other cars maybe because of safety features. I hope Scion keeps making and improving XB's. It definitely will do better with a 6 speed transmission. There had been a rumor that they were going to discontinue the XB this year but did not happen."

Reliable, quick, a lot of get up and go, comfort

By on Saturday, May 04, 2013

Pros: "Great price, reliable, quick, maintains value"

Cons: "No navigation system."

"While there may not be as many bells and whistles as fancier cars, this car has everything I need. Comfort was important since I had a previous back injury. Rear passenger room was important with a son that is 6'3". We always have plently of leg and head room. Never feel crowded with 5 in the car. If I am alone I can even get a 6" ladder in the car. Great acceleration for getting out onto a busy street or manuervering on the freeway. Has some really interesting features with the transmission. Mileage around town could be better, average 23 mpg, but that is lower because of the way I drive. Has MP3 plug in in addition to CD player."

Best Vehicle For The Money

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

"This is the first Scion I've ever owned or driven. It's great on gas, very roomy and very reliable. I purchased this vehicle pre-owned in May 2009 for 21,000. I now have 85,000 miles and it's still running like new. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone who's single or has a family. Scion did very well engineering this car. The only thing that they should have done different was add a timer delay option for the rear window wiper. You can only turn it on or off. Kudos to Scion!"

Car is everything I had hoped for!

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Reason: given a Lexus by family member

Cons: "only black interior"

"Drives great, very responsive Back seat is extra roomy and back doors are large giving easy access even for large adults Didn't come with Bluetooth so I had to add Parrot Bluetooth and it worked great with exiting system. Even thought I was given a Lexus I didn't want to sell my Scion! I love this car!!! For the price I paid, $19,000 I think it is worth every penny of it and didn't find any other car in this price range that compared then and I still feel that way. Only thing I didn't like was it only came with black interior, I put colorful seat covers on though."

Lots of space . . . and doesn't ride like a truck

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Price, resale value, Toyota reliability"

Cons: "Lack of passenger armrest and 5-speed automatic"

"I've had a 2010 xB for 3 1/2 years; it's been dependable, fuel-efficient (27.3 MPG), and handy (for helping friends move, bringing materials home for renovations, etc.). Four adults can ride comfortably, though the front passenger doesn't enjoy an armrest on their left. Cupholders in all four door panels hold liter-sized drinks; four smaller holders are found in the center console. Dark tinted glass (standard) somewhat compensates for lack of a cargo cover (available for $260 at Scion). The gauges are easy to read; the center-mounted location isn't quirky after a few weeks. The seven-function trip computer is bare-bones, while my only complaint is that the four-speed automatic transmission isn't a five- or six-speed. I've never used the clutchless "shift on the fly" feature; if you stomp on the gas, it'll accelerate pretty fast for a shoebox on wheels. The great thing about optional equipment is that an owner can have as many they desire, or not, installed anytime after buying; light kits, alloy wheels, etc. I decided to wait six months before doing any modifications (other than the $39 cargo net and carpeted cargo/floor mats for $135); ultimately I added nothing else. This car wasn't even in the mix when I was buying; the VW Jetta Turbo Diesel (41 mpg hwy / 30 mpg city, along with tax credits) was my target, but lack of its availability when my prior lease expired, and a savings of $6500 on a cash transaction put me in the Scion - and have been happy since."

All around best car ever

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "All of it"

"I have ran new car dealerships. Worked in the industry all my life and I sell RVs now. Toyota / Scion cars are truly the highest resale most reliable cars in the states ...this xb is really a joy to own easy to get into, drive, and agile ,,,, it turns on a dime, it has huge room inside and love the stereo with built in rear sub with amp ,,, the wheels available for this car are awesome ,,, the spoiler is a great touch ... Yes fixed up it is one very nice, zippy ,fun to drive car ... Go get one they make you smile!"

Poor Gas Millage, Car Feels Very Cheaply Made

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Color is black, what i wanted"

Cons: "Poor gas millage"

"New purchase. I have less than 1k miles. Average 24/mpg. Very poor millage. Salesperson said a "break-in" first then millage will increase. I don't believe this. I'm now stuck with a 3 year lease and I hate this car! Interior feels like came from Wal-Mart. I can't customize anything because it is a lease. I feel like I am overpaying. I have been driving Toyota's for twenty years. This is my last."

A great car

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "yes great car and a pleasure to drive"

"I love my 2010 scion. we have 3 xbs in the family. getting in and out with a bad hip and knee is easy.A lot of room. My brother put a washer in his with great ease. I loaned it to my daughter and she did not want to give her back. Only problem is we all have oil consumption. I've owned many new cars and not had an oil issue. Scion should make this right for all concerened. I love driving her and have driven many long hours with ease and confort. Sure beats the fit. one lady has a fit and she asked me about my scion and said she would have boutht my car after seeing how much room it has, an learning about all the extras that are standard."

2012 Scion XB is an amazing value

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Insane cheap price, Room, great handling"

Cons: "needs 6th gear! engine noise (due to no 6th gear)"

"Just bought this car and traded in my 2009 Chevy Cobalt. Other considerations were a VW sport wagon, Subaru Imprezza, but the price of the XB cannot be beat by any car made with this much room. This is not a luxury car by any means, but is a great car to haul stuff around and get decent mileage. Mine has a 5 speed manual, and my only gripe is it needs a 6th gear. It runs at high RPM on the highway which can be a little noisy, but this really isn't a big deal considering the other high points of the car and the insane $17,000 purchase price. So far I'm getting 27mpg average (only 800 miles on it so far), and when I set the cruise at 55mph, I get 34-36mpg (according the the instant mpg reading in the dash). My list of great points. -The room! So much room! -The heater cranks out the heat, very quickly. Love the heater -The bluetooth connectivity to my IPhone 5 is mind blowing. Apps like Pandora, Tune In Radio work wonderfully and displays the songs on the radio and gives you full steering wheel control to skip songs, rewind(tunein radio), etc... This is awesome! When you get a phone call, you just hit the phone button on the stereo. No need to take the IPhone out of your pocket. -The nice bright high beams! My lower points... that I can think of.... - no daytime running lights that turn on automatically - doesn't' charge your phone with the car off (that's a toyota thing) - no 6th gear...like I said... automatics are probably better on highway."

WOW

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

"What a great, fun vehicle!"

best!

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "quick, easy to park and maneuver, very comfy"

Cons: "i love it!"

"everyone laughs at my "funny looking" car, but they are shocked when they get inside and find just as much leg room in the back as the front, plus room for groceries. after years of owning this car, i have yet to put any money into it except for yearly maintenance. my only gripe is the lack of a left armrest for the passenger."

Great car to own and drive!

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "Great value and fuel mileage, roomy interior"

Cons: "Big blind spots, only 2 cup holders, beware curbs"

"I bought this car for my wife as our first new car we have ever owned, and we were not disappointed! The car has been a dream to own, gets great fuel economy, and has not had a single mechanical issue. The car will be paid off in 9 months, and it becomes my car and I will purchase a new one for my wife. I debated selling it or trading it in to buy something else with possibly better fuel economy since I drive a fair distance for work, but after looking at whats out there, and realizing I would have to buy used to avoid any payments, I have decided the best option would be to keep this vehicle since it has been so good to us over the years."

AMAZING.

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "Cute design, spacious, great on gas."

Cons: "Uncomfortable passenger seat, the car is low."

beautiful! :)

"This car was given to me by my parents. Its amazing! Best car I've ever had. Although, when I ride in the passenger seat it can be a bit uncomfortable. But other than it, its the best car. It has a cute look to it and mine is purple so its even cuter. The inside is very spacious. We had cloth seats and got leather put in as soon as we bought it. And I have to add its great on gas."

beautiful! :)

I love my xB. It is very comfortable!

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "Lots of room and fun to drive."

Cons: "Beware of cement parking blocks."

"This is the most comfortable, fun, sporty car I have ever owned. It is so fun to drive. The turn radius is excellent...You just have to be careful to clear the high curbs. I get about 23 miles per gallon in the city, and easily 25/26 gallons on the freeway. We have driven it from California to New Mexico, and it was very comfortable. I am not a small person, and I can fit comfortably in the front and back seat. There is always plenty of room for groceries, folding chairs or whatever you want to carry in the back. We have even hauled long molding pieces of wood when we were redoing our floors. I am very happy that I bought my xB. It is pure white and has a spoiler, fancy wheels, and a great sound system as well as an alarm system. Did I say I love my xB?"

For what it is, it is a good car

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "Start at $16K; turns tight; spacious"

Cons: "Very poor MPG; small tank"

"This is the thing; I drive A LOT. I put on 27,000 miles in the first year and I currently have about 31,000 miles on the car. I picked it PARTIALLY because it is very spacious in the car. I can fit myself (5'10 220) and three friends (1: 5'6 160, 2: 5'8 170, and 3: 6'3 240 and in the back seat) comfortably, and we can sleep in the car with no problems. I can fit a lot of stuff in the back storage area, more so than a regular trunk, hence why I wanted a hatchback. It also handles well where I can make a U-Turn inside of a 2-lane residential street. The big kicker for me was that I am REGULARLY going between Los Angeles, Pasadena, San Diego, the Inland Empire and occasionally to Las Vegas. The vehicle was advertising 28 mpg highway. I jumped on that! Unfortunately I only get about 21 mpg, its a small tank and I have never gotten more than 220-230 miles per tank. I tested it, where I drove 65mph, no A/C (it was 4am) and I made it to SD in about a 1/4 tank from the Los Angeles harbor area (about 125 miles one way). On the way back I needed AC and my tank went from 3/4 full to 1/4 full. The car that the xB replaced had about the same MPG, but a larger tank so I could drive further, and a more powerful engine. Its uncomfortable to constantly have to monitor my tank, especially when I am down the 5 or 15 into the desert. IF you stay local and NOT long driving, you should be fine. But if you do A LOT of driving, then this car isnt for you. But it is ONLY about $16K here in LA. So, for what it costs, it is a lot of car and a fun car to drive."

XB is a good car but has lots of little flaws

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Gas millage and storage room"

Cons: "uncomfortable for taller people"

"I have owned my XB for about 2 years now. The car is very reliable and has great MPH about 37 overall. But, i am 6'2" and i don't find the car to be very comfortable. The seats are uncomfortable and I don't have a lot of leg room. The back seat however have tons of room. the cup holders are odd it has 2 in the front one that can only hold cans and the other can fit a 32 oz cup. Storage capacity is good the seats fold down I am able to fit a a fair amount of cargo. Over all the car has a good feel to it one the road it does have a good amount of "get up and go" It also handles nicely and takes corners well. but the cramped feel of the driver seat make me want to sell it."

GREAT!!!!!!!

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "all pros"

Cons: "no heated seats, if I hafta say a negative"

"The only problem I have with this car is the fact that it somewhat aerodynamic and it drags the front end. I useta hit it on curbs and damaged the front end. It is a special series, so I don't know if that happens with the standard XBs. I found that it has a timing chain, not a timing belt, so the propensity to break is not as great. As one can tell I drive a lot and have had no problems whatsoever and would recommend it to anyone except my worst enemy, because I wouldn't want them to have a vehicle of this quality. one more thing....it's easy to get in and out of!!!"

Awesome First Family Car

By on Friday, August 03, 2012

Pros: "love centered dash w/ speedometer"

Cons: "moisture in headlights, low to ground"

"I bought this in 2008, as our first brand new car before we started a family. It does have leather interior. Smooth ride. Good amount of space with a family with two children. Standard option is pointless, hardly ever used..is real low to the ground so curb bumps happen too often.the headlights keep getting moisture in them. Unfortunately 3 children will not fit so we'll have to resale as our family keeps growing."

The best car purchase I've made in 35 years

By on Friday, August 03, 2012

Pros: "great value, fun to drive"

Cons: "My son thinks it's ugly and refuses to drive it."

"I purchased the 2009 in August of 2008. Four years later I have never had one problem with the vehicle. Knock on wood! It's such a great feeling to get into my vehicle and know that it will start every time. That gives me so much peace of mind."

I Love my xB

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, very roomy inside!"

Cons: "no sunroof, no option for leather interior"

"Bought my Scion xB new in 2008 and have driven it everyday since! It's a fun car to drive, easy to park, gets good gas mileage and I still get comments on the looks. I leave the back seat down and have tons of room for my dog! The only thing I wish Scion would offer is leather interior(much easier to clean with a dog) and I miss having a sunroof. I've never had any mechanical problems or any problems with the car and plan to buy a 2013 model when the come out :)"

An 'OK' car - a lil disappointed :(

By on Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pros: "Gr8 headroom, inside/trunk space, power"

Cons: "sub par interior design, uncomfy seats, low MPG"

At the dealership when I bought the car

"This is a great 1st car for anyone - not necessarily for people who spend a lot of time in the car and expect a few frills like comfortable seats and butt warmers. Pros: 1. Decent Price - but should be ~$3K cheaper in my POV 2. Great interior Space, Headroom and trunk space. The trunk space is way bigger that those in some SUVs as well. No problem going to the laundry after 3 weeks! 3. Easy to get in and out of 4. Great pickup, acceleration"

At the dealership when I bought the car

ENJOYED IT AT FIRST, BUT...

By on Sunday, June 03, 2012

Pros: "lots of room"

Cons: "too many problems"

"I got the 2008 Scion xB used, so when I had it it already came with 24K, and in the year and a half I owned it, it had 49K. At first I loved this car, it was very roomy, it had a uqine style which I loved, and the dash was different then most cars I have seen. Plus there was so much room! Yet, as I drove on, I started having electrical problems, and then after that engine problems. With 49K in the car and it had been in the shop at least five times, it was time to say goodbye. I really liked my xB and I am sad it's gone."

Excellent Value

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, reliability, RESALE VALUE!"

Cons: "Scion needs to get more than 25MPG on future model"

"I purchased the 2012 Hot Lava Release 9.0. Love this car. I really enjoyed all of the options that I was able to add as well. Scion has many additional items for purchase that can make the vehicle unique. I was very surprised how comfortable it was while driving long distances. We recently took our kids to Palm Springs to visit Grandma and Grandpa and decided to drive the Scion instead of our Suburban because of gas prices. While it only gets 25 miles per gallon (combined city and hwy) it is a lot better than the 15 miles a gallon we get in our Burb. I was very surprised at how comfortable it was on our trip and we will continue to use it for that reason in the future. I loved the fact that Scion beefed up the horse power with the newer models. I owned a 2006 Release model that was gutless and I have to say, the 2012 has more than enough power for what I need. I would definately recommend this car and you owe it to yourself to take one for a drive. Scion gets an A for the improvements they continue to make as the years go by. They have made me a Scion owner for life. One more thing, my 2006 release model was totaled. I was rear ended by a lady that was going 25 miles per hour and I am happy to say that her Dodge Dakota was undriveable and my 06 Scion kept me safe and sound. I purchased that car in 2006 for 17K and drove it for 5 years and put just over 100K on the vehicle. It was totaled out for 13,600! That means it only cost me 3,400 dollars to drive that car for 5 years! Talk about resale value!"

My fav car out of 13! 2 before XBs were Cadillacs!

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mpg, comfortable, cool color"

Cons: "Dark driver's area, not enough cargo space."

"I love my XB! This is the 2nd XB I've owned! I went from an 8 cylinder Caddy (2 of them) to this 4 cylinder that drives like a 6 and not much less power than the 8! I can beat out anybody at a light and can get right up to speed quickly on the highway. First test drive in the '08 I was going 80 mpg the highway. I bought the '08 in '07 when it first came out to save on the car pymts., the outrageous $ I was spending on gas"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xB near Honolulu. See local deals