2011 Scion xB

Based on 252 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

An exceptional value

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "comfort, stereo, versatile space, resell value"

Cons: "road noise"

"This car fits my lifestyle perfectly but above all the reliability is what sold me. Almost anyone will tell you the most important feature in any vehicle is reliability and after glowing reviews on reliability from friends with Xb's I decided to make this my first new car purchase ever. So far I have had no mechanical issues with the exception of some grinding when shifting into reverse (manual) but it's done that since day one and I've had other cars that did without any failure. Almost every feature delivers exactly what you would expect for the price with no disappointment. I have versatile space, decent pickup, average fuel economy and convenient appointments. My favorite design feature is the ease of getting in and out. The ergonomics of the seats are great and the upright posture keeps me alert while driving (I can fall asleep driving on long trips). Overall I would buy one again since the cost to own has been low and the used value has remained high."

Comfy, roomy, well loved 2008 Scion XB for sale

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

"Great, reliable, well-maintained Scion with a mere 47,000 miles."

Wonder Car!

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "reliable and well built & fun to drive roomy too!"

Cons: "gas milage could be better"

"This is a excellent all purpose car. great seating BIG room & nice handling and extremely well built. Many great features are included. For the money it has NO real equals Most owners truly praise and LOVE this car for a very good reason. A proven drivetrain and proven long term quality & reliability ... perfect? ..no ...good? YES! ..very! LLJ"

Good car, but has some short comings

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "HD radio, space galore, mechanical quality"

Cons: "Noise, interior quality, comfort level"

"I bought this car a little over two years ago and traded in my 1997 Buick Regal. Main reason for buying it was the desire to move larger items without having to borrow the neighbors truck or rent a moving van and the reliability of Toyota. It works great for utilitarian purposes, but comfort is much farther down on it's list of strong points. It has a fairly stiff ride, which can be bad for long trips. The interior over the past year has started to develop a lot of very annoying rattles and creaks, which are a pet peeve of mine. MPG is decent for this car but with better transmission it could be soooo much better. Engine noise, due to the transmission, is always running high rpms, but has pretty good power around town. The audio system is a very good unit, with aux jack, USB charging and connectivity, and HD radio that I have become so use to having that it hurts a little to consider parting with it. I get very use to having static-free reception for news and music. Overall, I love the space that it has and the looks are clean and definitely unique. I am thinking of replacing it for something with a bit more refinement since I do drive a lot, but it has been a very good hauling and multi-purpose vehicle. As a primary vehicle it may not be a good everyday car, but could definitely serve as a wonderful secondary utility vehicle."

Best car for the money I ever owned

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive because it's so funny looking"

Cons: "Seats aren't the most comfortable"

"Bought this car in 10/09 and have had no issues with it at all. It has great pickup on the highway and good gas mileage. Except for oil changes and new tires, I haven't had to spend any money on it!"

A good quality car with room for a family.

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Plenty of room, dependable."

Cons: "road noise and gas mileage"

"I am tall, 4 inches shy of 7feet, and fit in this car nicely. However my wife of 5'1" can drive it as well. We have owned this car since '08 and it has been extremely trustworthy. It rides and handles well and is zippy. The only drawbacks I can mention are the road noise and the fact that the manual transmission needs a 6th gear as at 80mph, legal here on the highway, it runs past 3500 rpm and the gas mileage suffers. Expect anywhere from 22 to 30 mpg depending on load and driver. I have loved this car and would buy another."

GOOD CAR!

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "EASY TO DRIVE"

Cons: "TRADE IN VALUE"

"HAD BOUGHT ONE OF THE FIRST XB`S AND SOLD TO BY THIS ONE. TRADE IN VALUE HAS DROPPED MORE THAN I EXPECTED. PAINT EASY TO CHIP ( SHOULD SELL ALL CARS WITH PLASTIC PROTECTOR COATING ON WHOLE FRONT OF CAR) DRIVES GREAT GOOD GAS MILAGE 27-31 MPG. WIFE DRIVES THIS CAR TO WORK AND SHE LOVES IT. EASY TO DRIVE AND PARK. NO PROBLEMS."

The 2014 Xb is the Perfect ride

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "A little extra cash, gets you a lot more."

Cons: "The car's AC unit takes about 2 minutes to kick in"

"I have owned a 2000 Ford Explorer, 2003 Oldsmobile Alero, a 2003 Hyundai Accent, and lastly a 2010 Toyota Corolla that I'd borrowed for months from my brother. Nothing compares to the space and comfortable driving dynamics of the Scion Xb. Before choosing the 2014 Kia Soul or the Nissan Cube, consider these questions and then make a decision: Do they come standard with Bluetooth technology communication that allows you to make calls and use your cell device on an on screen in cabin touch interface? Will the dealership offer a 5 year 60k warranty at no additional charge with a 3 year 36k maintenance and a 2 year (no miles applicable) Scion Road Side assistance (standard on the Scion)? Does it have a Stereo system that outshines both cars by an additional $1500 at no additional cost(standard on the Scion)? Are they any larger then the Xb? Lastly, but not least: Do other cars guarantee quality resale value for your vehicle such that the Toyota Scion brand name has given their consumers? It can go without being said that I believe the Scion Xb is a bit underrated. The car is not perfect, but it is not the car everyone may think it is due to overall reviewing. I love KBB and what it has done for me to put me on the right roads and steer me in the best direction for my new car. I wish that many of the things I have mentioned would effect the overall rating of the vehicle, but for some reason there is not a category and it is escaped or missed by many people. If you read this, and it is available for viewing, please take these things into consideration and make the most educated choice. I don't mind the Kia Soul. Hey, the thing comes with a panoramic sun roof, that's cool! I just want the full gravity and weight of your decision to be put on the scale properly; something that KBB has been great at. Thank you KBB and thank you reader. PS: The Scion Xb comes with a wheel that can move towards or farther away from you (great for tall drivers like me) along with an Average MPG meter with a display to see how you are doing on MPG in real time. Very useful to finding out how to drive the car in the most efficient way. I am a young driver with a heavy foot and I have averaged 26 city and highway miles. This car is amazing."

not a single problem

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

I want this car

"i drove from San Antonio Tx to San Francisco Ca not to conferrable but good gas vs my GMC truck fun ride"

Drives like a sports car, hauls like a big SUV

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "great acceleration and handling"

Cons: "Interior is a little cheap and develops rattles"

"I owned my Xb for 6 years and have driven it all over the country (including some rough roads it wasn't designed to drive on)and it has been mechanically bulletproof. All I've ever done is change the oil and rotate the tires. The little boxcar handles like its on rails and I love the acceleration! Only downsides is it sits very low to the ground and being an avid hiker I often hear the undercarage draging over rocks on unpaved roads and because its so low to the ground I've had to replace the windshild numerous times, seems if theres a rock or bolt flying off a big truck it will find the Xb's big windshield. The only other complaint I could have is it has developed a number of interior rattles, which is unusual for a Toyota product. My old Tacoma had over 200K hard miles and didn't rattle at all. Still I'd highly recommend this car to anyone who needed space to haul a lot of stuff but still wanted to feel like they are driving a high performance sports car."

My Sweet ride

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Roominess, fun to drive, good on gas, solid!"

Cons: "needs a standard passenger side arm rest"

little hauler; 3-4 bags of debris, blower, tools for gardnening

"I have had for 4-5 years and shes still the goods! I needed to get a vehicle for my job as a gardener. I can carry a 6 ft orchard ladder, small backpack blower, long handled tools and all my various hand tools, plus up to 3 sacks of clean green debris! the car doesnt even flinch at all that!! Oh, plus my little dog in the front seat with all this going on. (I go to the car wash a lot!) I have little to no maintenance issues, I keep up on all the preventative maint., and she just keeps going! Still feels solid to drive, like when I first got her! She does quite well in snow with the anti-skid button, but keep it under 13mph or it disengages back to normal drive, but I can feel her gripping the road pretty well! She drives well on the mountain passes here in WA and doesnt struggle. People are always amazed with the room. If you put the passenger seat all the way back and take head rest off, you can sit in the back seat and put your legs up and kick back! Its nice for when you have someone who has a leg cast on or something and they need the room, just make sure they put the seat belt on while in that back seat! The same model in Japan, the BB, has back seats that recline too!! I love that its a well made Japanese car, it may be on the economy side but its high-quality economy! Plus all the fun add on options you can get. I feel like its a well made car with reliable origins being a "scion" of Toyota! I trust this car to be with me for a long tome!"

little hauler; 3-4 bags of debris, blower, tools for gardnening

Bring back the funk!

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Interior digital gauges, Pioneer receiver, USB AUX"

Cons: "Transmission is dated (poor MPG), creaky dashboard"

"I love the Scion xB. Used to have a 1st generation 2006 xB in 5-speed manual that was tastefully modified (I promise). It was my favorite car I owned. I outgrew it, and wanted something a bit more mature, and sleek. I also wanted to go for a VIP-style luxury-look this time around, and you can’t be VIP and shift your own gears! ;) That led me to pick up a big-body 2011 xB in automatic. The 2nd generation xB in manual is pretty silly, anyway, but that’s just my opinion. It’s just too big for a manual. In any case, I do love the car, but I’m not in love with it. It lost it’s groove, and seems as though the Kia Soul is the newer version of the 1st generation xB—it has all the funk that the new xBs lost. I still like the 2nd generation xB more than the Soul, but just saying, it definitely lost it’s funk. I’ll start with pros for the 2nd generation—I do appreciate the larger body, surprising to myself, as I’ve always driven the smallest cars. Tastes change, as expected. I also appreciate how it’s more sleek in curves, while still being boxy. It comes with a myriad of features you come to expect from Scion—Pioneer receiver (head unit) and factory USB and AUX inputs, which are so important to me, and a super-cool dashboard setup, just like the 1st generation—only this time, it’s fully digital, including the speedometer! Why all cars are not digital is beyond me, but I digress. Other than that, it’s a very simple car with not much else in features. It does have a very nifty store section under the rear seats, which I appreciate. Now, my least favorite bit: the AWFUL and dated 4-speed automatic. It’s unacceptable, and very dated. This dated transmission is the cause of unacceptably low gas mileage. Moving on, the automanual function is laughable. It doesn’t respond the way you want it to—if you want to go into 3rd gear at 10mph, it doesn’t care—it’s going to do what it wants and eventually get to 3rd. Or, if you’re at a red light and put it in 3rd or 4th, it accelerates in 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd, then 4th—all while the digital gauge says you’re in 4th the whole time. Very frustrating, so I don’t even use it. It also goes into 3rd automatically (no pun intended) when you move it from D. Even at a stoplight, if you move it from D, it goes into gear 3. I’ve driven manual transmissions my whole life, and the only thing that comes decently close is a true, proper single or double-clutch auto with paddle-shifters that actually shift quickly and respond to the driver instantly, doing exactly what the driver wants. Long-story short, this automanual is the worst I’ve driven. When it listens, it shifts quick, but it doesn’t listen the majority of the time. Very hard to explain without showing you. In any case… Next, there is this strange, creaky noise/rattle from the dashboard, and it comes right off the assembly line. I know this for certain that all 2nd generation xBs have it because my father’s 2008 model has it at 36,000 miles, and mine at only 4,000 miles had it (I’m not the original owner). It’s very unacceptable, and quite sad that it comes on a brand-new car. This type of noise you expect to hear on an aging car, if so. A very aging car. I still love the car, and xBs will always have a place in my heart. What I’m saying is that I feel that Scion fell off on the 2nd generation. I understand next year, the 3rd generation xB is expected—I’m really curious to see what comes of it. I am expecting a lot from Scion this time around—they can’t afford another mediocre xB. They need to bring back the funk, or else the Kia Soul will continue to reign."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Size, Load cap.(Interior), Handling, Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Minor disappointment on interior quality."

"Interior needs a little nicer finish, everything works well but visible interior doesn't match the rest of the cars quality. Haven't checked out new models since I plan to put 250k on mine."

This one is a keeper!

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great cargo space for treasure hunts"

Cons: "Too few arm rests and visor mobility is poor"

"Great driving. Great pick up. Great vision all the way around. Great cargo capacity. Great look and color. Having driven a Gen 1, bought and driving a Gen 2, I could see buying another one down the road. I really enjoy getting into this car, turning on some tunes and heading out to an errand or a 5 hour trip. The power gives me the capability to maneuver around the slow pokes. The handling and large windows allows me to stay out of the way of others stupid moves. Put the back seat down and move an apartment! Seriously, this car can take on the same cargo as a medium size SUV. I have put a patio table (large) and 4 chairs in there. Boxes and bags, you name it, I have loaded and hauled it. Snappy! An old word, maybe but a good way to describe the color and the look. The 6.0 Release with the Toyota Absolute Red and the boxy look are just about perfect. In case you have not figured it out, I really really like my xB, aka The L'l Red Toaster."

Adore this car

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun and funky"

Cons: "Could use a couple more cup holders in"

"I can't say enough about this scion xb. I put dandy snow tires on it, and it does as well as any mountain car that I have ever driven. Cars sliding off the highway, sometimes sliding backwards down the high mountain pass because of the ice on the highway - and my little road warrior just crawls along. It also has good power climbing not one but TWO high mountain passes - I have driven this car for 49,000 miles in less than two years - and this car rocks. It has the power to climb the passes at 75 mph, it does great in nasty weather."

Great Buy!

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, safe, roomie, good value."

Cons: "Not the best at eliminating outside noise."

"We bought our new 2010 Scion Xb in 2009 & have been so pleased we made this purchase. The gas mileage is great & it's one of the only sudan type cars that my 6'6" husband fits comfortably in. We also have a 9 month old baby & the car seat, stroller, etc. all fit. One of the reasons we chose this car was for its high safety ratings/features. Although the look of the car isn't my ideal look, it's been a very practical, clean looking, no-issue car. We've only had the standard oil change & tire replacement expenses, neither which have been outrageous. There haven't been any surprises. I would highly recommend this car."

Good car-- for the price.

By on Sunday, December 15, 2013

"Overall, I like my Xb. It has a lot of handy features, and it will get you from 'point A' to 'point B' (unless it is snowing). Pros: Decent gas mileage, loaded with standard features, plenty of interior space for passengers in front and rear, attractive dash Cons: Terrible in snow or slick conditions (especially with hilly areas like Pittsburgh and its surrounding areas), paint is easily chipped and scratched, seating is stiff and not well padded"

Most fun and practical car I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "Power, cargo space, headroom"

"My xB is a great car. Because it has the Camry engine it has a lot of power and quick off the line. I had a truck but wanted something that could carry a load of materials without consuming so much fuel. I load my xB with lumber and it doesn't even breath hard. Perfect vehicle for everyday and the tough jobs."

Best Vehicle, overall, that I ever owned

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "Good price, decent mileage, outstanding quality"

Cons: "Low windshield at top"

"I bought this X/B new in 2008. Unfortunately, my wife totaled it in a bad wreck a few days ago. Luckily, she was not seriously hurt. I am really going to miss it! Such a great little vehicle. Never any problems in the 5 years we had it. Comfortable, peppy and fun to drive with lots of interior room, yet small on the outside. I don't know if I want a new 2014 X/B, as I think it is due for a re-design next year? Will still consider a new X/B or maybe a Nissan Cube or Kia Soul. The only shortcoming with the X/B was the low windshield height which made it hard to see a red light if it was right above you and you were waiting for it to change. Minor problem, really."

love this car

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "it is like driving a go-kart, fun, tight steering,"

Cons: "not quick, but what do you expect from 4 cylinder"

"roomy, great on gas mileage, reasonable maint. costs-overall a great buy, have owned it since new."

I adore this car!

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Great car - love everything about it!"

Cons: "Would love if it had a sun roof option"

"This car rocks! Very good gas mileage, comfortable, does great in the bad weather, snow, ice, here in the high country of the Colorado mountains. I bought this new and have driven it all 46,000 miles and absolutely no issues ever! Often have to put on over 800 highway miles a month on icy snow packed roads over high mountain passes and this car just buzzes along past all the folks spinning out and slipping. It also has great acceleration even in cruise control when climbing the 10,000 foot mountain pass."

YOU CAN'T BEAT THIS CAR FOR THE MONEY.

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "FUN, PRACTICAL, INEXPENSIVE, SAFE,"

Cons: "NEED A TRANSMISSION AT 83,000 MILE. :>("

CHILLING WITH THE HOMIES

"HAVE HAD MY 2009 XB FOR FIVE YEARS NOW AND IS STILL FUN TO DRIVE. THROW EVERYTHING IN AND GO GREAT FOR PEOPLE CARRYING OR GOING TO COSTCO. I GET 33 MPG HIGHWAY"

CHILLING WITH THE HOMIES

Love this car!

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Good on gas, great price, comfortable"

Cons: "Blind spots, driving in the wind"

"This is a great vehicle if you're looking for something reliable and inexpensive to drive. It is very comfortable with lots of room with an ample number of cup holders. It does have some very bad blind spots and it's not good to drive in very windy conditions, but overall this is a great car. I would recommend this vehicle for people with small children, those who own small businesses or those who want a new car and don't want to spend a lot of money."

great value.

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "good driving car. comfort excellent."

Cons: "tires bad plastic in the way for oil change"

"Bought car new. Very good car value for the price. Front end out of allinement. Front tire wear bad. Brake senscor bad. First oil change that was done on car was over filled by 1/2 quart. I noticed after 2 weeks because engine started making lifter noise. Tires installed by factory really bad. I'll be lucky to get 20,000 miles. Other than that I love the car."

Best Car I ever driven.

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Price, power, room for 5, and looks great"

Cons: "Spare tire is ugly (i have a yellow one)"

"Love my car I am 6'5" tall and i fit with no problem. I think its funny how a what looks to be a smaller car has more room and comfort then some SUV's and Trucks.I have 116000 mi on mine and have had no issues not to mention i have a 2008 . I do my preventative maintenance on it and its still like when i drove it off the lot. I went to a full synthetic oil and never looked back."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xB near Honolulu. See local deals