2008 Scion xB

Based on 255 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

The best car purchase I've made in 35 years

By on Friday, August 03, 2012

Pros: "great value, fun to drive"

Cons: "My son thinks it's ugly and refuses to drive it."

"I purchased the 2009 in August of 2008. Four years later I have never had one problem with the vehicle. Knock on wood! It's such a great feeling to get into my vehicle and know that it will start every time. That gives me so much peace of mind."

I Love my xB

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, very roomy inside!"

Cons: "no sunroof, no option for leather interior"

"Bought my Scion xB new in 2008 and have driven it everyday since! It's a fun car to drive, easy to park, gets good gas mileage and I still get comments on the looks. I leave the back seat down and have tons of room for my dog! The only thing I wish Scion would offer is leather interior(much easier to clean with a dog) and I miss having a sunroof. I've never had any mechanical problems or any problems with the car and plan to buy a 2013 model when the come out :)"

An 'OK' car - a lil disappointed :(

By on Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pros: "Gr8 headroom, inside/trunk space, power"

Cons: "sub par interior design, uncomfy seats, low MPG"

At the dealership when I bought the car

"This is a great 1st car for anyone - not necessarily for people who spend a lot of time in the car and expect a few frills like comfortable seats and butt warmers. Pros: 1. Decent Price - but should be ~$3K cheaper in my POV 2. Great interior Space, Headroom and trunk space. The trunk space is way bigger that those in some SUVs as well. No problem going to the laundry after 3 weeks! 3. Easy to get in and out of 4. Great pickup, acceleration"

At the dealership when I bought the car

ENJOYED IT AT FIRST, BUT...

By on Sunday, June 03, 2012

Pros: "lots of room"

Cons: "too many problems"

"I got the 2008 Scion xB used, so when I had it it already came with 24K, and in the year and a half I owned it, it had 49K. At first I loved this car, it was very roomy, it had a uqine style which I loved, and the dash was different then most cars I have seen. Plus there was so much room! Yet, as I drove on, I started having electrical problems, and then after that engine problems. With 49K in the car and it had been in the shop at least five times, it was time to say goodbye. I really liked my xB and I am sad it's gone."

Excellent Value

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, reliability, RESALE VALUE!"

Cons: "Scion needs to get more than 25MPG on future model"

"I purchased the 2012 Hot Lava Release 9.0. Love this car. I really enjoyed all of the options that I was able to add as well. Scion has many additional items for purchase that can make the vehicle unique. I was very surprised how comfortable it was while driving long distances. We recently took our kids to Palm Springs to visit Grandma and Grandpa and decided to drive the Scion instead of our Suburban because of gas prices. While it only gets 25 miles per gallon (combined city and hwy) it is a lot better than the 15 miles a gallon we get in our Burb. I was very surprised at how comfortable it was on our trip and we will continue to use it for that reason in the future. I loved the fact that Scion beefed up the horse power with the newer models. I owned a 2006 Release model that was gutless and I have to say, the 2012 has more than enough power for what I need. I would definately recommend this car and you owe it to yourself to take one for a drive. Scion gets an A for the improvements they continue to make as the years go by. They have made me a Scion owner for life. One more thing, my 2006 release model was totaled. I was rear ended by a lady that was going 25 miles per hour and I am happy to say that her Dodge Dakota was undriveable and my 06 Scion kept me safe and sound. I purchased that car in 2006 for 17K and drove it for 5 years and put just over 100K on the vehicle. It was totaled out for 13,600! That means it only cost me 3,400 dollars to drive that car for 5 years! Talk about resale value!"

My fav car out of 13! 2 before XBs were Cadillacs!

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mpg, comfortable, cool color"

Cons: "Dark driver's area, not enough cargo space."

"I love my XB! This is the 2nd XB I've owned! I went from an 8 cylinder Caddy (2 of them) to this 4 cylinder that drives like a 6 and not much less power than the 8! I can beat out anybody at a light and can get right up to speed quickly on the highway. First test drive in the '08 I was going 80 mpg the highway. I bought the '08 in '07 when it first came out to save on the car pymts., the outrageous $ I was spending on gas"

Great Value, Convenient, and Fun

By on Saturday, May 19, 2012

"Love this car, no regrets on the purchase. Release Series color took some time to grow on me."

I LOVE MY SCION!!

By on Friday, May 11, 2012

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE, PLENTY OF SEATING ROOMINESS."

Cons: "1 BACK-UP LIGHT, NEEDS MORE UNDER SEAT STORAGE."

"I LOVE MY SCION!!IT'S EASY TO GET IN AND OUT OF.THE SEATS ADJUSTS EASILY.IT HAS GET UP AND GO WHEN I NEED IT.IT HAS MORE ROOM THAN YOU WOULD THINK. THE ONLY DRAWBACK(2010) IS ONLY 1 BACK-UP LIGHT."

Roomy, Noisy, Heater Core Just Replaced for $1,000

By on Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pros: "Head Room, Roomy Back Seat, Good Handling"

Cons: "Very Noisy Interior, Heater Core Repair $1, 000!!!"

"2008 Scion xB, 34,000 miles Heater Core failed (leaking, caused windshield to permanently fog up) - repair cost $,1000 ($350 part, available only from Toyota, plus $650 labor at my mechanic) -- Toyota wanted $1,200... That ALONE is a good enough reason to never buy this vehicle. Aside from that... Very roomy interior. Huge headroom all around I'm 6'3 and I still have at least 4" headroom. Back seat legroom is best I've seen in anything other than a limo. I can sit in the back and stretch my legs straight out. Crazy. (Front seats are pretty far off the floor, so there's tons of foot room beneath them for rear seat passengers.) I have the 5=speed manual, and the car is very zippy. Very good pickup, good transmission. BTW, when the clutch goes, it's going to be expensive. Labor cost is double that of comparable cars, due to the way everything's packed (inconveniently) under the hood. So, expect an extra $400 labor -- you can verify this yourself with any mechanic -- they can look it up. Biggest complaint I have with the car in day-to-day driving is how noisy the interior is. Really takes the joy out of listening to music. Tons of road noise, plus considerable wind noise and engine noise. MPG is pretty good, but not the best. I usually get 28 mostly city, and have gotten 36 on long trips. The heater core and the noisy interior ruined this car for me."

Poor mileage. Rear visibility impaired. Cheap.

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Exterior is cute"

Cons: "Poor mileage, interior cheap looking"

"I fell in love with purple exterior color but the interior feels cheap. Rear visibility is a problem. Paint scratches easily. Poor mileage. Purchase was a mistake for me."

Great Mover! You can move a lot of stuff!

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Grat milage. Lots of room."

Cons: "Feel the bumps with stock shocks."

"Love the car that everyone calls (THE BOX). Friends laugh till they sit inside and notice how much room they have. I can carry more inside then my friends SUVs."

flimsy flivver

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

"I suppose the car is dependable but it seems terribly overpriced to me(plus incredibly ugly) Bought it from an estate because it was a good value, I thought, but essentially I HATE it. Have had no trouble and it has good power but it is noisy, seats not very comfortable, rough riding and I feel like I am driving around in a box of Reynolds Wrap. Really dislike the speedometer in middle of dash. Air conditioner is not great when temps over 110. Will probably sell it before long since after 8 months I still detest the car and life is too short to drive such an abomination."

Nice Car with a couple flaws

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable, very reliable"

Cons: "Small fuel tank, lackluster standard radio"

"I like my Scion fine but I can't say that I am in love with it. It runs great, drives fine, and I have had no problems but it sure isn't exciting in any way. My biggest complaint about the car is the small fuel tank, it seems like i am always putting gas in it. I don't think you could take it on a trip simply because you'd stop for gas constantly. Its quite comfortable and the air conditioning is great, but the standard stereo leaves alot to be desired. My 2003 VW jetta stereo is a hundred times better. Other than that it has been a good car and the dealer has been great. One more thing, I do almost all highway driving and get 25 mpg."

Good car

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "drives good, holds tons, good for trips"

Cons: "Crossed fingers on it holding up"

"Good car...reliable, cheap to own, good driver, versatile. My only concern is the cars durability. It's been very good so far, but I hope it stays that way. It's really nothing more than a corolla in nicer clothes, but there's nothing wrong with that."

I love this thing.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "fuel mileage, 8 cupholders plenty of storage."

Cons: "I wish the cargo area was a little bigger."

"This is a great car. Great fuel mileage. 32 mpg fully loaded with 4 adults in the car. I couldn't ask for more."

Best BUY!

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"I love my Scion! I bought the xb in 2007 and have had NO problems with it. Great on gas. Picks up and gos. Tons of room. No big blind spots. Great Car for the price! There are only a two things I complain about.. Sluggish climbing big hills, and has a lot of road noise. I would buy it again !"

great commuter car and for short-med trips

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "a lot of car for the money, great mpg"

Cons: "when loaded w/ 4 people and AC, little underpower"

"Great car for commuting and day trips, great fuel economy, easy to drive, reliable, handles well, plenty of storage room. Good value, it's not "cheap" but it's not a cadilac either."

great value

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "fantastic price, very reliable, IPOD jack is great"

Cons: "no arm rest for passenger and loud road noise"

"Very dependable car. Like the height of it, not low like a car, not too high up like a truck. Been just a very reliable car. Only complaints are that there is no arm rest for passenger and it's loud while driving (meaning the road sounds are not blocked out of the car--have to turn stereo up to hear music while driving at higher speeds). But dependable!!"

Bought it new and still driving it.

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Reliable and comfortable. I also love the look."

Cons: "Fuel mileage is good but could be better."

"I love my xB. I know this car was first designed for the younger generation but the comfort is wonderful for us old-er folks. I love not feeling like I'm sitting on the road while driving. This is how I feel in most smaller cars. I would love a few more miles per gallon and I would like a little better quality of interior but for the price, it can't be beat. I would buy another one if the need arose."

I LOVE my car!

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "handles like heavy car, smooth ride comfortable"

Cons: "bad blind spot"

"Rides great, comfortable, roomie.....almost as good as a truck as far as being able to haul things in it."

Love my box

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "read my review"

Cons: "read my review"

"Well, first of all I was never planning on investing in a Scion XB, especially the new body style. I was in LOVE with the older models, but the newer bodies didn't sit well with me at first. I went into the dealership to buy a FJ Cruiser (which they sold...) And ended up being talked into buying this gold Scion XB, limited 2008. I was gagging at the color, but I mean after about 2 days of driving it, I was IN LOVE fully! I couldn't believe all the features that came on this car! I was in complete and utter AWE! My car came with a pioneer radio (with the moving images and stuff), dvd headrest system with wireless headphones, and the usuals, like the floor and cup holders light up, accents in the seats, ipod hook-up, etc. I could not want for more in a car, not to mention the looks and STOPS I get so that people can take a picture of my car! HILARIOUS! Anyway, the downside I do experience is the fact that it sits so LOW to the ground, I have had to replace the body kit TWICE, and I think I'm on my THIRD time come TOMORROW...The ride is not smooth at all, beware of EVERYTHING you drive over, you'll feel it just as much as the car will! And the side mirrors block my sight, so I have trouble turning corners and things like that. Also, don't buy one with DUNLOP tires!!! I have replaced at least 8-9 tires so far since 2008 when I bought IT!! All in all, I wouldn't trade it in for anything, trust me, it's a great investment, but be prepared to take GOOD care of this car, because they are fragile and EYE CANDY (thieves are WAITING on you to buy one with ONLY the factory alarm)"

Great-Fun-Fast Car

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive eye catcher, great value, and OPTIONS"

Cons: "no arm rest for passenger, low to ground"

"Have a 2009 Scion XB with very minimal options and absolutely love it! Very reliable car and has excellent pick up for having a 4 cyl. The amount of options that are available for this car is astonishing. Great value and a lot of bang for your buck. Definately recommend it to a friend."

great

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"great value hold alot very reliable"

Roomy, handles great, Looks Great

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "good value, roomy"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Very satisified except with gas mileage"

Love my red Scion

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Lots of interior space and everyone loves it"

Cons: "Arm rest not big enough, interior noise while driv"

"Would recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable,affordable,spacious car"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xB near Honolulu. See local deals