2006 Scion xB

Based on 448 Ratings for the 2004 - 2006 models.

Awesome Ride!

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "mileage, style, versatility, roomy interior, fun!!"

Cons: "water pumps!! I LOVE xB's!!!"

"I have owned a 2005, then 2008 redesign, then back to my current 2006 xB. Other than 2 water pumps this 2006 has been great! I got it at 32K miles and now has 117K..great comfort,mileage is good with auto trans, and it is a cool and versatile car! Mine came with premium wheels which really sets it off, and I learned from the 2008 I did NOT like the extra liter size motors mileage...I think Scion made a big mistake changing the car which I why I went back to the "box" 2004-06 style..Absolutely my fav car of all time...after 3 of them and 10 years I can say that! I miss having a small pickup truck but long to keep this car...paid for in December and I desire to keep it...can't say that about anything else as I used to always change..its a GREAT CAR!!"

economical and reliable box

By on Sunday, February 08, 2015

Pros: "entry/ exit ease; driver head/shoulder rm; economy"

Cons: "lacks power, no cruise control in '04 & '05"

"batteries, oil, tires wiper blades, brake pads, and air conditioning refrigerant...these are only items needing replacement for TEN YEARS AND EIGHTY 8 thousand miles. Cannot break Toyota products with just basic maintenance! Not technically impressive but cavernous and decent m.p..g. as long as you're not in a hurry! Been a fun & reliable little box and Doesn't owe me a dime!!!"

Love the car for city driving

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Cons: "No magazine pockets on back of front seats"

"Love the car! Use it primarily in city driving but some roads are in bad shape. Have scraped the front bumper due to lack of clearance for many curbs. Also lost half the back bumper when the trailer I was towing it on hit a piece of tread on the freeway. Just flipped that tread up and popped half the bumper off! Haven't repaired anything inside or out, just do normal maintenance. I have a bum back and this car is very easy to get into and extememly roomy inside. Only problem is the gas mileage. It averages 25 mpg in city driving which is the same that my Odessy gets. That is disappointing but other than that it is a perfect car."

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "COST TO DRIVE LOWEST-DEPENDABILITY/SAFETY HIGHEST"

Cons: "A LITTLE BUMPY - I DON'T CARE :)"

"BY FAR THE BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWED. I PURCHASED IT IN 2006, HAVE OVER 110,000. MILES, HAVE DONE NEARLY NOTHING TO IT. NEVER A PROBLEM AT ALL. GAS MILAGE IS AWESOME. I FILL UP EVERY 8 OR 9 DAYS AND TODAY THAT ONLY COST $15.59! NOT THE SMOOTH RIDE OF A LUXURY VEHICLE, BUT I WAS NOT LOOKING FOR THAT. IT IS SUPER ROOMY WITH FOLD DOWN REAR SEATS CAN CARRY TONS. SAFE VEHICLE AND THE TOYOTA RELIABILITY. I WILL DRIVE IT FOR YEARS. CAN'T DO BETTER THAN THIS FOR SAFETY, RELIABILITY, VALUE AND I GET COMPLIMENTS ON IT ALL THE TIME!"

Many positive attributes!

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pros: "Mileage, space, maintenance"

Cons: "no cruise control"

"Great space-saving inner configuration. I love the design which allows for minimum outside space and maximum inside space. Plus the varied configurations of folding seats makes carrying materials easy. Gas mileage is great. Maintenance is easy and inexpensive. An all-around great car to own."

It's a cheap car, but the best I've ever owned!

By on Monday, January 19, 2015

Pros: "See review."

Cons: "Bumpy ride"

"Bought mainly for it's utility, it has been way better than I expected. 0-60 isn't good, but 10-60 will surprise anyone. I drive twisty country roads and it handles them with ease. Get 30 mpg in winter and beyond 35 in summer with A/T. I'm an enthusiastic driver, pedal to the metal kind of driver. Passengers and their luggage, no problem, most are pleasantly surprised by the rear seat and hatchback room. There are NO new cars on the market that can match the usability of this car! Previous cars I've owned, VW Jetta, Honda Accord and Dodge Caravan."

Great car for the price

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

"Pros: Very roomy interior, awesome cargo space, great gas mileage, very reliable, it has only been in the shop 3 times in 10 years for something outside of normal maintenance. Great value with power steering, mirrors and locks. Heat and AC are awesome, easy to maneuver, Cons: Very weak engine, but the tradeoff is great gas mileage. no arm rests, bad stock tires."

Best Car Ever - I love my XB/

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "Visability and Room"

Cons: "A bit of a chore in cross winds"

"I love the visibility and room in the XB. The performance is good enough and the active traction control has kept me out of major accidents a time or two. But after 11 years and 250,000+ miles she just doesn’t go like she should, frankly I’m afraid something bad is going to happen that is going to be VERY expensive to fix. She is a good beast and frankly giving her up is going to hurt. If my commute was a bit less and they made THIS STYLE I would just get another one, but given how long my commute is, I think I have to have to trade for the Prius, but really don't want to. I want to keep my XB forever. Value: Best Value given the price and true cost to own. Reliability: No problems until 240,000 ... then have spent 3000 since then. Quality: OK for an econ box Driving: OK for a brick. Not so good on windy days over the bridge. Design: The front window is what sold me: Huge panoramic view. Storage: Another This thing can hold a huge amount if you are don't have more than one or two people in it. Lots of places to store stuff. Comfort: Not exactly lux, but the seats didn't bother me until I drove more then 6 hours at a time. Really good stock "radio"."

Trouble free, high quality little utility.

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

"I bought this car used in 2006 with 25,000 miles on the clock. It had a bad wheel bearing at the time, repaired under dealer warranty. I've since driven it more than 75,000 miles over mostly lousy Guam roads without incident other than an AC leak. Replaced battery and tires a few times -- replaced front brake pads at 92,000 and still running on the rear brakes at over 101,000. It performs well and always has -- reminds me of a BMW 318i I owned about 15 years ago. Handles well, easy to park and averages 32-plus MPG. It's a shame Toyota built this version for only two years -- it's an exceptional combination of economy, utility and performance that's hard to find today."

never owner a better car

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "useful and reliabe"

Cons: "road noise and hard ride on rough roads"

"Owned this for 10 years. Far surpassed all expectations for comfort, value, mileage, dependability, and usefulness. Road noise and ride over rough road surfaces is not ideal."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xB near Honolulu. See local deals