2006 Scion xB

Based on 448 Ratings for the 2004 - 2006 models.

Awesome Ride!

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "mileage, style, versatility, roomy interior, fun!!"

Cons: "water pumps!! I LOVE xB's!!!"

"I have owned a 2005, then 2008 redesign, then back to my current 2006 xB. Other than 2 water pumps this 2006 has been great! I got it at 32K miles and now has 117K..great comfort,mileage is good with auto trans, and it is a cool and versatile car! Mine came with premium wheels which really sets it off, and I learned from the 2008 I did NOT like the extra liter size motors mileage...I think Scion made a big mistake changing the car which I why I went back to the "box" 2004-06 style..Absolutely my fav car of all time...after 3 of them and 10 years I can say that! I miss having a small pickup truck but long to keep this car...paid for in December and I desire to keep it...can't say that about anything else as I used to always change..its a GREAT CAR!!"

economical and reliable box

By on Sunday, February 08, 2015

Pros: "entry/ exit ease; driver head/shoulder rm; economy"

Cons: "lacks power, no cruise control in '04 & '05"

"batteries, oil, tires wiper blades, brake pads, and air conditioning refrigerant...these are only items needing replacement for TEN YEARS AND EIGHTY 8 thousand miles. Cannot break Toyota products with just basic maintenance! Not technically impressive but cavernous and decent m.p..g. as long as you're not in a hurry! Been a fun & reliable little box and Doesn't owe me a dime!!!"

Love the car for city driving

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Cons: "No magazine pockets on back of front seats"

"Love the car! Use it primarily in city driving but some roads are in bad shape. Have scraped the front bumper due to lack of clearance for many curbs. Also lost half the back bumper when the trailer I was towing it on hit a piece of tread on the freeway. Just flipped that tread up and popped half the bumper off! Haven't repaired anything inside or out, just do normal maintenance. I have a bum back and this car is very easy to get into and extememly roomy inside. Only problem is the gas mileage. It averages 25 mpg in city driving which is the same that my Odessy gets. That is disappointing but other than that it is a perfect car."

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "COST TO DRIVE LOWEST-DEPENDABILITY/SAFETY HIGHEST"

Cons: "A LITTLE BUMPY - I DON'T CARE :)"

"BY FAR THE BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWED. I PURCHASED IT IN 2006, HAVE OVER 110,000. MILES, HAVE DONE NEARLY NOTHING TO IT. NEVER A PROBLEM AT ALL. GAS MILAGE IS AWESOME. I FILL UP EVERY 8 OR 9 DAYS AND TODAY THAT ONLY COST $15.59! NOT THE SMOOTH RIDE OF A LUXURY VEHICLE, BUT I WAS NOT LOOKING FOR THAT. IT IS SUPER ROOMY WITH FOLD DOWN REAR SEATS CAN CARRY TONS. SAFE VEHICLE AND THE TOYOTA RELIABILITY. I WILL DRIVE IT FOR YEARS. CAN'T DO BETTER THAN THIS FOR SAFETY, RELIABILITY, VALUE AND I GET COMPLIMENTS ON IT ALL THE TIME!"

Many positive attributes!

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pros: "Mileage, space, maintenance"

Cons: "no cruise control"

"Great space-saving inner configuration. I love the design which allows for minimum outside space and maximum inside space. Plus the varied configurations of folding seats makes carrying materials easy. Gas mileage is great. Maintenance is easy and inexpensive. An all-around great car to own."

It's a cheap car, but the best I've ever owned!

By on Monday, January 19, 2015

Pros: "See review."

Cons: "Bumpy ride"

"Bought mainly for it's utility, it has been way better than I expected. 0-60 isn't good, but 10-60 will surprise anyone. I drive twisty country roads and it handles them with ease. Get 30 mpg in winter and beyond 35 in summer with A/T. I'm an enthusiastic driver, pedal to the metal kind of driver. Passengers and their luggage, no problem, most are pleasantly surprised by the rear seat and hatchback room. There are NO new cars on the market that can match the usability of this car! Previous cars I've owned, VW Jetta, Honda Accord and Dodge Caravan."

Great car for the price

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

"Pros: Very roomy interior, awesome cargo space, great gas mileage, very reliable, it has only been in the shop 3 times in 10 years for something outside of normal maintenance. Great value with power steering, mirrors and locks. Heat and AC are awesome, easy to maneuver, Cons: Very weak engine, but the tradeoff is great gas mileage. no arm rests, bad stock tires."

Best Car Ever - I love my XB/

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "Visability and Room"

Cons: "A bit of a chore in cross winds"

"I love the visibility and room in the XB. The performance is good enough and the active traction control has kept me out of major accidents a time or two. But after 11 years and 250,000+ miles she just doesn’t go like she should, frankly I’m afraid something bad is going to happen that is going to be VERY expensive to fix. She is a good beast and frankly giving her up is going to hurt. If my commute was a bit less and they made THIS STYLE I would just get another one, but given how long my commute is, I think I have to have to trade for the Prius, but really don't want to. I want to keep my XB forever. Value: Best Value given the price and true cost to own. Reliability: No problems until 240,000 ... then have spent 3000 since then. Quality: OK for an econ box Driving: OK for a brick. Not so good on windy days over the bridge. Design: The front window is what sold me: Huge panoramic view. Storage: Another This thing can hold a huge amount if you are don't have more than one or two people in it. Lots of places to store stuff. Comfort: Not exactly lux, but the seats didn't bother me until I drove more then 6 hours at a time. Really good stock "radio"."

Trouble free, high quality little utility.

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

"I bought this car used in 2006 with 25,000 miles on the clock. It had a bad wheel bearing at the time, repaired under dealer warranty. I've since driven it more than 75,000 miles over mostly lousy Guam roads without incident other than an AC leak. Replaced battery and tires a few times -- replaced front brake pads at 92,000 and still running on the rear brakes at over 101,000. It performs well and always has -- reminds me of a BMW 318i I owned about 15 years ago. Handles well, easy to park and averages 32-plus MPG. It's a shame Toyota built this version for only two years -- it's an exceptional combination of economy, utility and performance that's hard to find today."

never owner a better car

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "useful and reliabe"

Cons: "road noise and hard ride on rough roads"

"Owned this for 10 years. Far surpassed all expectations for comfort, value, mileage, dependability, and usefulness. Road noise and ride over rough road surfaces is not ideal."

Reliable ~ Economical ~ Not Fast ~ Good Commuter

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

"Great small car. Never breaks down and needs only routine maintenance. Freeway MPG is outstanding, but city MPG is only fair (especially if you live in San Francisco, where there's a stop sign every block). Comfort is fine for short drives. Not to be mistaken for a sports car or luxury car. PROS: Reliable - never a problem. Economical - got 39.2 MPG going from Seattle, WA to Vancouver, WA on I-5. Parks in tiny parking spaces, since it's only 155 inches long. Great visibility - pillars block view only slightly, especially compared to newer cars. ABS & VSC! Great storage spaces. Outstanding interior space for such a small car. CONS: Not much power. A bit noisy, especially on the freeway. Turning radius is a bit wide (37 feet) for a small car. Seats are okay for short to medium drives, but doing the 900-mile San Francisco, CA to Seattle, WA drive is tiring and tough. No side impact air bags. Engine turns at almost 3,000 RPM at 65 MPH, so it works hard at freeway speeds (has a nice sound, though). Since the car has only 103 HP, going on a steep grade at freeway speeds drops the car into 3rd gear, spinning the engine at over 4K to maintain 60 MPH. That's noisy."

Best Decision as an Adult.

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "Boxy: lots of cargo space."

Cons: "Boxy: windy driving is fun!"

"Excellent vehicle. I drive it every day for work as a delivery driver for a regional parcel company. Replace the clutch before it blows up and it will run forever."

best little in town commuter car

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Cons: "light for long high speed interstate trips"

"excelant machine"

I love my Xb.

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "RELIABLE. NEVER LEFT ME DEAD. 192,000 MILES"

Cons: "2005 doesn't have cruise control. Not fun on trips"

"It has no issues, runs like new. The 2005 didn't have cruise control, so comfort & Convenience got a 9/10. I love my Xb. Get your kid one, they'll love it."

Great car!

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Minimal blind spots, roomy, great mpg, reliable"

Cons: "None that I can think of"

"I bought this car used, and I've had it for 4 years now. I absolutely love it, and that is saying a lot coming from me (I'm picky). It isn't speedy or fancy, but it is extremely practical and safe to drive. I owned a Mitsubishi Eclipse (huge difference, I know) before I bought this, and the blind spots in that car were just ridiculous! In the Scion xB, there are virtually none, reducing the risk of collisions by quite a bit, I'm sure. What's more, it still has a lot of style. Moving with this car is a cinch. The amount of storage space will surprise you. I moved a studio apartment in two trips with this baby, and it is perfect for road trips for the same reason. Additionally, the gas mileage is a huge benefit. I can go 3-4 times the distance of many of my friends on one tank of gas. If you are looking for a car that you can rely on time and time again, then definitely go for a Scion xB. With regular maintenance, I've not had a single break down in the four years that I have owned it."

Love this Car

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, great value for the money"

Cons: "Seat fabrics look cheap"

"Have had this car for over 5 years, Very Reliable, no Maintenance issues except normal wear and tear, (tires, brakes and a belt) I would positively buy this car again."

I freakin' love my Scion!

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "Super reliable, great visibility, fin to drive"

Cons: "Weak back hatch handle, no cruise control"

"In 2006, I walked into a dealership and test drove a Scion xB. It was love at first sight. Yeah, I'm one of those weirdos who loves funky lookin' rigs... I also loved the way it handled. Super tight steering, great sound, amazing visibility. It just felt so "me". Of course, the real test is the test of time... It's 2014 and my baby is over 100K and still purrs. The gas mileage is sagging a bit from where I started. No weird squeaks or knocks. The only real problem I've had with it is that the back hatch handle just popped off one day... Granted that's a bit annoying, but compared to engine trouble and the problems that infest every other vehicle I've ever owned, it's no biggy."

Most Versatile vehicle I've owned

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "interior space, miles per gallon,"

Cons: "small tires made the ride harder than mytruck"

"Don't be fooled by its low ground clearance. If you drive over bumps in the dirt roads with care it will not bottom out. Front wheel drive gets you in and out of difficult places. I love the 2006 Scion xB. Best vehicle I've owned in 52 years! The price was as advertise. No game playing. A very big plus and was most reasonable."

GREAT CAR, I HAVE 1, MOM HAS 1, VET HAS 1, ETC

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "VALUE, VALUE, VALUE"

Cons: "CAN'T THINK OF ANY"

"LOVED THIS CAR THE DAY I DROVE IT OFF THE LOT. MY MOM ENJOYED RIDING IN IT SO MUCH SHE BOUGHT 1 A FEW WEEKS AFTER I GOT MINE. GOT THE IDEA FROM MY VET WHO BOUGHT HERS AT THE SAME TIME I GOT MINE, BUT I GOT MINE FIRST--HER'S HAD TO BE DELIVERED. WE ALL BOUGHT IN 2006--ALL STILL DRIVE THEM--MY VET AND I DAILY, EACH HAVE OVER 120K ON OURS, BUT MOM (86 YO) LESS OFTEN, ONLY HAS 25K ON HERS. EXPECT ALL OF THEM 2 LAST MANY MORE MILES!! LOVE IT ALL OVER AGAIN EVERY TIME I PULL OUT OF A GAS STATION!"

Super reliable, great car

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Reliable as heck"

Cons: "Bumpy and noisy"

"I loved this car because it never broke down or gave me any issues. Had wonderful visibility. It was like driving an aquarium. My elderly parents found it easy to get in and out of. My tall boyfriend had plenty of leg room. It hauled a lot of stuff with the seats down. Huge amount of cargo space. I hate to part with it, but the new cars are calling my name."

Best ever

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Quality, Roominess, Fun too drive."

Cons: "Sound System quality"

"Best car I ever owned, great at everything it does. Stereo and speakers, mainly speakers, were it's only very small flaw I could find."

Great little vehicle. Fun to drive.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Excellent gas mileage, high quality"

Cons: "interior lighting could be better"

"One of the best around-town cars I've ever seen.Excellent visibility, easy to get in & out of, great gas mileage. park anywhere, tons of room inside, lots of fun to drive. Toyota really did their homework when they designed this car. Why-oh-why did they change everything when they brought out the later version??"

The best most reliable car I have every owned!!

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "MPG, fun to drive, value, head room, design"

Cons: "rough suspension, back hatch door handle"

"This is a great vehicle! MPG city is about 26.5 and Highway 35. I love the gas mileage on this car, even though its an automatic it gets superb MPG! Really roomy inside. Plenty of head and leg room, its never an issue and I am 6'. I have had the car for 2 years and have put a ton of miles on it but the only thing I have had to do so far is change the oil, this is a very reliable car no issues at all! The car is also very inexpensive which is a huge bonus. The ride is a little rough at times but there are so many pros to this car that it is worth it. It may be as my friends call it, " a flying toaster " but it is good looking and overall a car with a lot of value."

This car brought back for me the fun in driving.

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Price, interior room, fun to drive, gas mileage."

Cons: "This model has no factory cruise control."

"I bought this car in October 2004 as I was preparing to retire after many years teaching. It was just what I needed. My son had just bought the same model and took me for a demo ride. Though on first sight I thought it was a funny looking car, I came back in love with it and ordered mine from the local dealership the next day. The engine is a peppy 1.5, 4cyl, but it continues to make me smile when I take it on a road trip. The roominess is wonderful and was the main selling feature for my wife, who owns and loves her own mini van. We both really appreciate the leg and head room. Cargo space is amazing for such a small car. It holds everything we need for a camping trip for me and two of my sons with half the rear seat folded down. When, and if, I replace this car I will buy a new Scion XB. Four of my family members now own the newly redesigned XB. One son is on his third XB, and another is on his second, having recently bought a 2014 model and another bought his new 2014 a few weeks ago. Are we sold on this car? You bet."

i love this car

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "very roomy super head room and storage space"

Cons: "little rough riding"

"bought this 4 years ago with 68000 miles on it just over 100000 now and still runs perfect no problems just oil changes and tires and nothing else would buy another one in a minute"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xB near Honolulu. See local deals