2005 Scion xB

Based on 434 Ratings for the 2004 - 2006 models.

Great car,

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Easy to get in and out of, very good gas mileage."

Cons: "Dark dashboard, back seat window noise when open ."

"This's car has been a dream. With the back seats folded, I have been able to haul just about everything. It is fun to drive and very easy to get in and out of."

Love this car; This is not your stock, standard XD

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Exellent Mileage 30/34 traffic A/C or not"

Cons: "Not a Race Car but TRD Intake 15/20% Hp increase"

Hood Grill Hatch Silver The rest is Black Sand Pearl

"Two tone paint Graphics Stage 3 Wheels/tires 3 Security systems TRD cold air intake system Ziebart since ownership Upgraded Suspension {stiffened} Retains Stock Ground clearance of 6.0" It's a One of a kind!"

Hood Grill Hatch Silver The rest is Black Sand Pearl

This has been an excellent car for me

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Best value in a vehicle that I ever purchased"

Cons: "hmmm, can't think of anything"

"drove this vehicle to Portland , OR 3 times and once through the Rockies in the Winter. When other cars were stuck in the snow my Scion got through. Had chains for my tires but never used them (chains are required to be in the vehicle when crossing the mountains in the winter). When I lived in Chicago I regretted having a standard transmission (Chicago traffic is awful with automatic transmission but worse with standard): otherwise a great car. With 140,000 + miles other than normal maintenance I only changed brakes and muffler once... no other maintenance costs."

Safe, fun, reliable, and versatile

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "gas milage, interior space, reliability, styling"

Cons: "won't use standard tires, windshield prone to chip"

"Fantastic car. More reliable than my significant other's Camry of the same model year. Literally saved my life when it stopped me from sliding off an icy road at 2am in Wyoming a few years back. Rear seats fold down for massive cargo space, making it the best car for everything from moves to big grocery runs to naps on the side of the road during long road trips. The windshield DOES take a beating, unfortunately, as any vehicle of this type would, and for mine at least I had to buy specially sized tires that were rather expensive due to how the wheels were sized. Still a fantastic car, gonna drive it until it drops. Which with as reliable as it is, that's gonna be a while."

Havent had any mechanical problems tires brakes ec

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "good milage lots of room very depenable"

Cons: "needs more creature comforts to low to the ground"

"As a courier I drive 300_+ mi. daily the only car w/ the cargo cap. I need short of mini van.30 mi. per gal. great !! wish it had a few more bells and whistles.the newer ones don't get the mileage I need. have to rethink my next car."

Great car for anyone!! and I mean ANYONE!

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "MPG, style, inside roominess, low maintenance"

Cons: "stiff suspension"

"I have owned the car for about a year and a half and plan on keeping the car for a very long time. Great gas mileage, plenty of cargo space, and a very low maintenance vehicle! Probably the only negative of the car is a somewhat stiff suspension. Pretty good on power and a smooth transmission. The car looks really good! 28 MPG city 34 hwy."

Love it and wish I could like the new design.

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Great reliability for a low price; fun"

Cons: "Center gauges take some getting used to"

"Only brand new car I ever bought, and I love it. I've driven the heck out of it for commuting and for long road trips. Incredibly reliable, great mileage (I have the manual), comfortable people of any height in the back. Really my only complaint is that they changed the body style to something I dislike, so I can't get a new one."

Wife loves her Avalon. I love my xB.

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good price, plenty of space."

Cons: "Had to add cruise control and arm rests."

Parked in the drive.

"Just purchased my third one. I love the ease getting in an out. I have driven them all over the country. I like the interior space, the smoothness of the transmission and the low, low cost of maintenance. Consistently experience over 30+ mpg. At 74, I intend to drive them as long as the Lord allows me to drive."

Parked in the drive.

great car, love the room

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "room, lots of it. Easy entry & exit"

Cons: "gearing & milage very disappointing."

"Should have gotten the auto xmission for better milage and overall gearing. Other than that it has been a great car."

never went back to the dealer, no complaints for m

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "great price, love having the first xb in the neigh"

Cons: "rides rough"

"I bought another Scion XB 2011. My son has the 2004 Scion. Love it."

Great car for in town

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "gas milage, hauls alot of stuff"

Cons: "Low gearing for Hwy speed"

"Not a great hwy car. Need another gear to stay at 70 mph on the hwy. Excellent fuel milage and fun to drive. Will hold a lot of stuff with back seat down. I've had 11 boxes of flooring."

Car for our Teen

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"Just purchased a 2006 Scion XB to replace the car our daughter totaled last week after having it for only 2 months :( It happens! (She's fine) I had never thought to purchase one of these "boxes" before but read online that it is a good first car for teenagers. Most important feature in choosing a car for us was "safety". The Scion XB has a very good safety rating. I was concerned that the side impact rating was a 3.5 instead of a 4 or 5 (no side airbags) but it's my understanding Toyota uses a steel reinforcement on the sides. It still rates above average. I also know MOST accidents are front or rear collision which the Scion has a high rating in those areas. Safety aside, it's a really cute vehicle! Ours is a dark blue metallic with black interior. Even though it's a 2006 it looks brand spankin new! Our daughter loves it (she is happy to just have a car) and said she feels like she's sitting in a room when she's driving it. It's literally a box going down the road. It is something different to get used to. I think it's fun to drive. Kind of like a go cart or those Disneyland autopia cars :) We purchased this with 110,000 miles on it. According to our friend who buys cars at auction...this is comparable to other vehicles with 60,000 miles. Toyota knows their stuff. Another feature I like for the "teen" driver is it does not have the power and quick speed like some other vehicles. That would be a negative for most but a plus for young drivers. Of course, it can go fast...it just takes longer to get there. My son (14) loves that the passenger seat reclines all the way back to practically flat so he can sleep on the drive to school. (not usually a determining factor when purchasing a car ;) We filled the tank yesterday and drove around town (51 miles) and the gas gage barely moved. That's huge plus with having to fill 3 cars in the family! So far, so good. I hope this vehicle stands up to all the great comments posted here."

Best car owned!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "looks, drive, economy, space"

Cons: "cheap air dam, very small radio buttons."

Hot box!

"I'm 6'5" and can have another six-footer sit behind me no problem. I love the was this box handles, looks and loads. Chintzy front air dam....very basic amenities, but really good value. Good fuel economy. I wish I could buy a new one!"

Hot box!

I love this car

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileages, easy to load and move with."

Cons: "It's light. Be careful in wind and storms."

"This is the best car I've ever owned. 174,000 and never did anything but put tires on and change the oil. It may look like a refrierator box but I'll take the gas mileage. I'd buy another in a minute. That's if this one ever gives up."

Great on Gas

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

"Great car for someone on the go. Great mileage."

BEST CAR EVER MADE! i WILL NEVER PART WITH IT.

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "Nobody wants to sell theirs. They love them!"

"Needs no repairs ever. Runs perfectly. Most comfortable car ever made. High bench seats make it extremely easy to enter, exit the vehicle and see our the windshield. Large, unobstructed side and rear windows provice 360* complete vision. 30 mpg. Still perfect after 8 years of driving 100 miles a day at 90 mph avg. Stops on a dime. Excellent steering, Can't think of enough good things to say about her!"

LOVE THIS CAR! GREAT VALUE!!!

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "This car is loved by all who ride in it!"

Cons: "they changed the model -gets worse gas milage!"

"Am disappointed they changed this car in 2008 to a bigger model. IT is a wonderful car and if they still made the origianl scion XB, I would buy another one in a nano-second! It is not luxury, it is just an economical, easy to drive, fun vehicle that serves all my needs. It has needed only tires and breaks and I have 100,000 miles on it. Since I can not buy another one--I intend to keep this one as long as I possibly can!"

Great Car!!

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

"At 132,000 miles and going strong. Tires wear out kind of quickly but an entire new set is between $400-$500. It is economy as far as the interior seat quality, etc. Love the square look of this vehicle. There is ample room for storage especially if the back seat is folded down, which is extremely easy to do."

such an awsome car, wish I had ten of em'

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "roomy, economical, and fun to cruise in."

Cons: "No over drive gear in the manual (5speed)."

"I love the fact that I can get all my stuff for the beach, even stuff for surf camp in the car and still have room to pick up a friend. the gas milage is great and the low maintanence overall has just been tires and oil and wipers. I have the manual (5 speed). its got a hydralic self adjusting clutch that is fantastic. the open ended question for me from a consumer based view. Why would you design this car with-out an overdrive gear!? yes thats right no over drive. so in fifth gear in the HOV lane on the freeway at 70mph the tach. reads 4000rpms. an overdrive gear would cut that in half. then your gas milage would go up acordingly to 40+."

Best Decision I Ever Made.Excellent Urban Delivery

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Excellent value"

Cons: "when she goes..."

"**I am a driver for a Midlevel Parcel Overnight Delivery Service and drive between 150 to 225 miles a day.** Mixed Freeway and Residential 50/50. 5 speed manual transmission. Aftermarket alloy wheels for weight savings, standard tire size. I bought mine off a dealer lot after another vehicle bit the dust. 35,000 miles and clean as when the little old lady's son traded it in. Tires, Brake pads and oil are the largest consumables. Spark plugs as needed especially after a Spark Plug Coil unit event. The Spark Plug Coil will bring your day to a stop if it quits while you're driving. CARRY A SPARE ! I did and it's saved my day several times. I went 225,000 miles on the original clutch, your mileage may vary. When the Clutch broke though, it took the transmission. If you decide to replace, get one from Auto Zone, fair price, decent rebuild. I didn't do that. I had some driveway mechanic rebuild it and it blew again. Finally had a real shop put a used one in. So far so good, but it's time to say goodbye. To my beloved 2005 xB and you dear reader. I wish Toyota would make a hybrid out of this vehicle. Excellent urban delivery."

LOW LOW LOW MAINTENANCE

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Parellel park where no one else can; city perfect."

Cons: "It does not grow as my kids grow."

"I have only replaced one set of tires, one battery, one wind-sheild, and of course oil changes; not too many people can say that after seven years and 98k miles. That makes it real hard to even consider replacing the car. The wind-sheild was a manufacturer issue they offered to replace. That is why the quality is 9/10. Considering the retail price and market this car was designed for nets the 10/10 ratings. I like it so much I own two."

this car is in excellent shape

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pros: "this car runs good and fun to drive"

"this car is in excellent shape with original paint and has never been wrecked"

Best car I ever had

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Reliable car"

"The xb is a reliable car that is of high quality. My xb is a 2006 and gets great gas mileage. The Scion Xb is an excellent car any way you look at it."

Great little big car I am amazed at all room insde

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "price, milage, drives great, great sound system"

Cons: "4 cyl. lacks power with air"

"I am 6FT 2IN and have back problems this car is comfortable gets great gas mileage lacks power when air is on but it is alot of fun to drive and you can put $5.00 in gas and go somewhere. It had 10,000 on it when I bought it I put over 8,000 in 6 months can haul like a small van fits 5 people well and its a Toyota !"

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "very economical and versatile"

Cons: "luxury comforts are few & lacks cruise control"

"Th xB is versatile economic and fun. Every time I think of buying a new car I wonder what could give me the same value, flexibility and reliability and I come up empty."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xB near Honolulu. See local deals