2005 Scion xB

Based on 420 Ratings for the 2004 - 2006 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Pros: "Great price for quick sale. Simply a surplus car."

"Well cared for, no known problems. Pure synthetic Oil for last 30,000 miles, no usage, and allows 8-10,000 miles between changes. Hiway MPG routinely 30+, MPG around town around 25-26. Very efficient vehicle. Easy to drive and park. Tires about half used, 15-20K miles left. 183,000 miles seems a lot at first glance but probably good for 250,000 to 300,000 based on other reviews."

Cons: "not much acceleration, seats are too small"

"I bought my 2006 Scion xB new. It has been relentlessly reliable and has given me 28-30 mpg around town and 30+ on the freeway. with the back seats down, it holds a fair amount of gear. head room and rear seat leg room are exceptional. not much acceleration here, and can lag going up a hill unless you keep the rpms up. otherwise, it cruises at 75-80 mph on flat highway, no problem. btw, my kids have always thought this car is ridiculous and not cool. Toyota really missed the demographic they were after. Definitely not a style that most people appreciate."

Great solid car have 196,000 miles

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

"Daily long commute, always reliable. Great in snow. My mileage is better then expected about 35 to 37 mpg"

'05 Custom Scion XB Auto, Fantastic Car. Love it

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, reliability, egress, fun factor"

Cons: "More power = more fun."

"This XB has lowered suspension, sway bar and strut brace. The engine is stock with the exception of a TRD intake. I really can't find anything not to like about this car. It handles great and gets great gas mileage. I love that it is easy to get in and out of and that it is fun to drive. If there was any fault, it would be that additional power would make it more fun. The 1.5 with the TRD cool air intake really helps. I have no problem keeping up with traffic. You won't be disappointed with this car."

best car i've ever owned !

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

"best car i've ever owned"

Dependable and excellent value

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value, fun to drive, great pick-up"

Cons: "bumpy ride sometimes, and noisy"

"We have owned our Scion for over 6 years and it has been THE most reliable car we have ever owned."

Great car,

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Easy to get in and out of, very good gas mileage."

Cons: "Dark dashboard, back seat window noise when open ."

"This's car has been a dream. With the back seats folded, I have been able to haul just about everything. It is fun to drive and very easy to get in and out of."

Love this car; This is not your stock, standard XD

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Exellent Mileage 30/34 traffic A/C or not"

Cons: "Not a Race Car but TRD Intake 15/20% Hp increase"

Hood Grill Hatch Silver The rest is Black Sand Pearl

"Two tone paint Graphics Stage 3 Wheels/tires 3 Security systems TRD cold air intake system Ziebart since ownership Upgraded Suspension {stiffened} Retains Stock Ground clearance of 6.0" It's a One of a kind!"

Hood Grill Hatch Silver The rest is Black Sand Pearl

This has been an excellent car for me

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Best value in a vehicle that I ever purchased"

Cons: "hmmm, can't think of anything"

"drove this vehicle to Portland , OR 3 times and once through the Rockies in the Winter. When other cars were stuck in the snow my Scion got through. Had chains for my tires but never used them (chains are required to be in the vehicle when crossing the mountains in the winter). When I lived in Chicago I regretted having a standard transmission (Chicago traffic is awful with automatic transmission but worse with standard): otherwise a great car. With 140,000 + miles other than normal maintenance I only changed brakes and muffler once... no other maintenance costs."

Safe, fun, reliable, and versatile

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "gas milage, interior space, reliability, styling"

Cons: "won't use standard tires, windshield prone to chip"

"Fantastic car. More reliable than my significant other's Camry of the same model year. Literally saved my life when it stopped me from sliding off an icy road at 2am in Wyoming a few years back. Rear seats fold down for massive cargo space, making it the best car for everything from moves to big grocery runs to naps on the side of the road during long road trips. The windshield DOES take a beating, unfortunately, as any vehicle of this type would, and for mine at least I had to buy specially sized tires that were rather expensive due to how the wheels were sized. Still a fantastic car, gonna drive it until it drops. Which with as reliable as it is, that's gonna be a while."

Havent had any mechanical problems tires brakes ec

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "good milage lots of room very depenable"

Cons: "needs more creature comforts to low to the ground"

"As a courier I drive 300_+ mi. daily the only car w/ the cargo cap. I need short of mini van.30 mi. per gal. great !! wish it had a few more bells and whistles.the newer ones don't get the mileage I need. have to rethink my next car."

Great car for anyone!! and I mean ANYONE!

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "MPG, style, inside roominess, low maintenance"

Cons: "stiff suspension"

"I have owned the car for about a year and a half and plan on keeping the car for a very long time. Great gas mileage, plenty of cargo space, and a very low maintenance vehicle! Probably the only negative of the car is a somewhat stiff suspension. Pretty good on power and a smooth transmission. The car looks really good! 28 MPG city 34 hwy."

Love it and wish I could like the new design.

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Great reliability for a low price; fun"

Cons: "Center gauges take some getting used to"

"Only brand new car I ever bought, and I love it. I've driven the heck out of it for commuting and for long road trips. Incredibly reliable, great mileage (I have the manual), comfortable people of any height in the back. Really my only complaint is that they changed the body style to something I dislike, so I can't get a new one."

Wife loves her Avalon. I love my xB.

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good price, plenty of space."

Cons: "Had to add cruise control and arm rests."

Parked in the drive.

"Just purchased my third one. I love the ease getting in an out. I have driven them all over the country. I like the interior space, the smoothness of the transmission and the low, low cost of maintenance. Consistently experience over 30+ mpg. At 74, I intend to drive them as long as the Lord allows me to drive."

Parked in the drive.

great car, love the room

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "room, lots of it. Easy entry & exit"

Cons: "gearing & milage very disappointing."

"Should have gotten the auto xmission for better milage and overall gearing. Other than that it has been a great car."

never went back to the dealer, no complaints for m

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "great price, love having the first xb in the neigh"

Cons: "rides rough"

"I bought another Scion XB 2011. My son has the 2004 Scion. Love it."

Great car for in town

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "gas milage, hauls alot of stuff"

Cons: "Low gearing for Hwy speed"

"Not a great hwy car. Need another gear to stay at 70 mph on the hwy. Excellent fuel milage and fun to drive. Will hold a lot of stuff with back seat down. I've had 11 boxes of flooring."

Car for our Teen

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"Just purchased a 2006 Scion XB to replace the car our daughter totaled last week after having it for only 2 months :( It happens! (She's fine) I had never thought to purchase one of these "boxes" before but read online that it is a good first car for teenagers. Most important feature in choosing a car for us was "safety". The Scion XB has a very good safety rating. I was concerned that the side impact rating was a 3.5 instead of a 4 or 5 (no side airbags) but it's my understanding Toyota uses a steel reinforcement on the sides. It still rates above average. I also know MOST accidents are front or rear collision which the Scion has a high rating in those areas. Safety aside, it's a really cute vehicle! Ours is a dark blue metallic with black interior. Even though it's a 2006 it looks brand spankin new! Our daughter loves it (she is happy to just have a car) and said she feels like she's sitting in a room when she's driving it. It's literally a box going down the road. It is something different to get used to. I think it's fun to drive. Kind of like a go cart or those Disneyland autopia cars :) We purchased this with 110,000 miles on it. According to our friend who buys cars at auction...this is comparable to other vehicles with 60,000 miles. Toyota knows their stuff. Another feature I like for the "teen" driver is it does not have the power and quick speed like some other vehicles. That would be a negative for most but a plus for young drivers. Of course, it can go fast...it just takes longer to get there. My son (14) loves that the passenger seat reclines all the way back to practically flat so he can sleep on the drive to school. (not usually a determining factor when purchasing a car ;) We filled the tank yesterday and drove around town (51 miles) and the gas gage barely moved. That's huge plus with having to fill 3 cars in the family! So far, so good. I hope this vehicle stands up to all the great comments posted here."

Best car owned!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "looks, drive, economy, space"

Cons: "cheap air dam, very small radio buttons."

Hot box!

"I'm 6'5" and can have another six-footer sit behind me no problem. I love the was this box handles, looks and loads. Chintzy front air dam....very basic amenities, but really good value. Good fuel economy. I wish I could buy a new one!"

Hot box!

I love this car

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileages, easy to load and move with."

Cons: "It's light. Be careful in wind and storms."

"This is the best car I've ever owned. 174,000 and never did anything but put tires on and change the oil. It may look like a refrierator box but I'll take the gas mileage. I'd buy another in a minute. That's if this one ever gives up."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xB near Honolulu. See local deals