2005 Scion xB

Based on 440 Ratings for the 2004 - 2006 models.

Trouble free, high quality little utility.

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

"I bought this car used in 2006 with 25,000 miles on the clock. It had a bad wheel bearing at the time, repaired under dealer warranty. I've since driven it more than 75,000 miles over mostly lousy Guam roads without incident other than an AC leak. Replaced battery and tires a few times -- replaced front brake pads at 92,000 and still running on the rear brakes at over 101,000. It performs well and always has -- reminds me of a BMW 318i I owned about 15 years ago. Handles well, easy to park and averages 32-plus MPG. It's a shame Toyota built this version for only two years -- it's an exceptional combination of economy, utility and performance that's hard to find today."

never owner a better car

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "useful and reliabe"

Cons: "road noise and hard ride on rough roads"

"Owned this for 10 years. Far surpassed all expectations for comfort, value, mileage, dependability, and usefulness. Road noise and ride over rough road surfaces is not ideal."

Reliable ~ Economical ~ Not Fast ~ Good Commuter

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

"Great small car. Never breaks down and needs only routine maintenance. Freeway MPG is outstanding, but city MPG is only fair (especially if you live in San Francisco, where there's a stop sign every block). Comfort is fine for short drives. Not to be mistaken for a sports car or luxury car. PROS: Reliable - never a problem. Economical - got 39.2 MPG going from Seattle, WA to Vancouver, WA on I-5. Parks in tiny parking spaces, since it's only 155 inches long. Great visibility - pillars block view only slightly, especially compared to newer cars. ABS & VSC! Great storage spaces. Outstanding interior space for such a small car. CONS: Not much power. A bit noisy, especially on the freeway. Turning radius is a bit wide (37 feet) for a small car. Seats are okay for short to medium drives, but doing the 900-mile San Francisco, CA to Seattle, WA drive is tiring and tough. No side impact air bags. Engine turns at almost 3,000 RPM at 65 MPH, so it works hard at freeway speeds (has a nice sound, though). Since the car has only 103 HP, going on a steep grade at freeway speeds drops the car into 3rd gear, spinning the engine at over 4K to maintain 60 MPH. That's noisy."

Best Decision as an Adult.

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "Boxy: lots of cargo space."

Cons: "Boxy: windy driving is fun!"

"Excellent vehicle. I drive it every day for work as a delivery driver for a regional parcel company. Replace the clutch before it blows up and it will run forever."

best little in town commuter car

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Cons: "light for long high speed interstate trips"

"excelant machine"

I love my Xb.

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "RELIABLE. NEVER LEFT ME DEAD. 192,000 MILES"

Cons: "2005 doesn't have cruise control. Not fun on trips"

"It has no issues, runs like new. The 2005 didn't have cruise control, so comfort & Convenience got a 9/10. I love my Xb. Get your kid one, they'll love it."

Great car!

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Minimal blind spots, roomy, great mpg, reliable"

Cons: "None that I can think of"

"I bought this car used, and I've had it for 4 years now. I absolutely love it, and that is saying a lot coming from me (I'm picky). It isn't speedy or fancy, but it is extremely practical and safe to drive. I owned a Mitsubishi Eclipse (huge difference, I know) before I bought this, and the blind spots in that car were just ridiculous! In the Scion xB, there are virtually none, reducing the risk of collisions by quite a bit, I'm sure. What's more, it still has a lot of style. Moving with this car is a cinch. The amount of storage space will surprise you. I moved a studio apartment in two trips with this baby, and it is perfect for road trips for the same reason. Additionally, the gas mileage is a huge benefit. I can go 3-4 times the distance of many of my friends on one tank of gas. If you are looking for a car that you can rely on time and time again, then definitely go for a Scion xB. With regular maintenance, I've not had a single break down in the four years that I have owned it."

Love this Car

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, great value for the money"

Cons: "Seat fabrics look cheap"

"Have had this car for over 5 years, Very Reliable, no Maintenance issues except normal wear and tear, (tires, brakes and a belt) I would positively buy this car again."

I freakin' love my Scion!

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "Super reliable, great visibility, fin to drive"

Cons: "Weak back hatch handle, no cruise control"

"In 2006, I walked into a dealership and test drove a Scion xB. It was love at first sight. Yeah, I'm one of those weirdos who loves funky lookin' rigs... I also loved the way it handled. Super tight steering, great sound, amazing visibility. It just felt so "me". Of course, the real test is the test of time... It's 2014 and my baby is over 100K and still purrs. The gas mileage is sagging a bit from where I started. No weird squeaks or knocks. The only real problem I've had with it is that the back hatch handle just popped off one day... Granted that's a bit annoying, but compared to engine trouble and the problems that infest every other vehicle I've ever owned, it's no biggy."

Most Versatile vehicle I've owned

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "interior space, miles per gallon,"

Cons: "small tires made the ride harder than mytruck"

"Don't be fooled by its low ground clearance. If you drive over bumps in the dirt roads with care it will not bottom out. Front wheel drive gets you in and out of difficult places. I love the 2006 Scion xB. Best vehicle I've owned in 52 years! The price was as advertise. No game playing. A very big plus and was most reasonable."

GREAT CAR, I HAVE 1, MOM HAS 1, VET HAS 1, ETC

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "VALUE, VALUE, VALUE"

Cons: "CAN'T THINK OF ANY"

"LOVED THIS CAR THE DAY I DROVE IT OFF THE LOT. MY MOM ENJOYED RIDING IN IT SO MUCH SHE BOUGHT 1 A FEW WEEKS AFTER I GOT MINE. GOT THE IDEA FROM MY VET WHO BOUGHT HERS AT THE SAME TIME I GOT MINE, BUT I GOT MINE FIRST--HER'S HAD TO BE DELIVERED. WE ALL BOUGHT IN 2006--ALL STILL DRIVE THEM--MY VET AND I DAILY, EACH HAVE OVER 120K ON OURS, BUT MOM (86 YO) LESS OFTEN, ONLY HAS 25K ON HERS. EXPECT ALL OF THEM 2 LAST MANY MORE MILES!! LOVE IT ALL OVER AGAIN EVERY TIME I PULL OUT OF A GAS STATION!"

Super reliable, great car

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Reliable as heck"

Cons: "Bumpy and noisy"

"I loved this car because it never broke down or gave me any issues. Had wonderful visibility. It was like driving an aquarium. My elderly parents found it easy to get in and out of. My tall boyfriend had plenty of leg room. It hauled a lot of stuff with the seats down. Huge amount of cargo space. I hate to part with it, but the new cars are calling my name."

Best ever

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Quality, Roominess, Fun too drive."

Cons: "Sound System quality"

"Best car I ever owned, great at everything it does. Stereo and speakers, mainly speakers, were it's only very small flaw I could find."

Great little vehicle. Fun to drive.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Excellent gas mileage, high quality"

Cons: "interior lighting could be better"

"One of the best around-town cars I've ever seen.Excellent visibility, easy to get in & out of, great gas mileage. park anywhere, tons of room inside, lots of fun to drive. Toyota really did their homework when they designed this car. Why-oh-why did they change everything when they brought out the later version??"

The best most reliable car I have every owned!!

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "MPG, fun to drive, value, head room, design"

Cons: "rough suspension, back hatch door handle"

"This is a great vehicle! MPG city is about 26.5 and Highway 35. I love the gas mileage on this car, even though its an automatic it gets superb MPG! Really roomy inside. Plenty of head and leg room, its never an issue and I am 6'. I have had the car for 2 years and have put a ton of miles on it but the only thing I have had to do so far is change the oil, this is a very reliable car no issues at all! The car is also very inexpensive which is a huge bonus. The ride is a little rough at times but there are so many pros to this car that it is worth it. It may be as my friends call it, " a flying toaster " but it is good looking and overall a car with a lot of value."

This car brought back for me the fun in driving.

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Price, interior room, fun to drive, gas mileage."

Cons: "This model has no factory cruise control."

"I bought this car in October 2004 as I was preparing to retire after many years teaching. It was just what I needed. My son had just bought the same model and took me for a demo ride. Though on first sight I thought it was a funny looking car, I came back in love with it and ordered mine from the local dealership the next day. The engine is a peppy 1.5, 4cyl, but it continues to make me smile when I take it on a road trip. The roominess is wonderful and was the main selling feature for my wife, who owns and loves her own mini van. We both really appreciate the leg and head room. Cargo space is amazing for such a small car. It holds everything we need for a camping trip for me and two of my sons with half the rear seat folded down. When, and if, I replace this car I will buy a new Scion XB. Four of my family members now own the newly redesigned XB. One son is on his third XB, and another is on his second, having recently bought a 2014 model and another bought his new 2014 a few weeks ago. Are we sold on this car? You bet."

i love this car

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "very roomy super head room and storage space"

Cons: "little rough riding"

"bought this 4 years ago with 68000 miles on it just over 100000 now and still runs perfect no problems just oil changes and tires and nothing else would buy another one in a minute"

Best car I've ever owned--no bucket seats.

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "mileage, price, healthy back"

Cons: "the newer changed models, small and buckets"

"never thought I'd "love" a car--but this one is terrific. After being crippled driving a corolla (those killer bucket seats, destroying your spine) I sat it this for the first time and couldnt believe the difference in how my body felt. (the echo was exactly the same, but I foolishly let the salesman talk me into the corolla) This car has hauled half my household on many, many trips fromNY to NC. It's needed nothing but maintenance to date.I've recommended it to lots of people--just for the orthopedic plus re back health. Seating front and back superb space. Sadly, I'll have to buy another brand as they totally changed the Xb, including bucket seats. Visibility is terrific. It's not expensive, so the ride can be a little rough compared to pricier cars. But it's worth it."

have not spent a dime since purchased. no problems

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "nice ride"

Cons: "a workable fine machine."

"steady as she goes. beyond reliable!!!"

Great Economical Transportation

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage, headroom, very low maintainance."

Cons: "No cruise control,"

"Overall a great vehicle. Not recommended for long trips 500 miles or longer as the seats get to me and lack of cruise control. Heavy traffic has me shifting quite a bit but my drive to work 25 miles with only three stop lights..piece of cake. Overall mileage is 30+. Very roomy inside"

Pros: "Great price for quick sale. Simply a surplus car."

"Well cared for, no known problems. Pure synthetic Oil for last 30,000 miles, no usage, and allows 8-10,000 miles between changes. Hiway MPG routinely 30+, MPG around town around 25-26. Very efficient vehicle. Easy to drive and park. Tires about half used, 15-20K miles left. 183,000 miles seems a lot at first glance but probably good for 250,000 to 300,000 based on other reviews."

Great value, fun to drive

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "reliable, cheap, great mileage, easy to park"

Cons: "not much acceleration, seats are too small"

"I bought my 2006 Scion xB new. It has been relentlessly reliable and has given me 28-30 mpg around town and 30+ on the freeway. with the back seats down, it holds a fair amount of gear. head room and rear seat leg room are exceptional. not much acceleration here, and can lag going up a hill unless you keep the rpms up. otherwise, it cruises at 75-80 mph on flat highway, no problem. btw, my kids have always thought this car is ridiculous and not cool. Toyota really missed the demographic they were after. Definitely not a style that most people appreciate."

Great value, fun to drive

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "reliable, cheap, great mileage, easy to park"

Cons: "not much acceleration, seats are too small"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xB near Honolulu. See local deals