2004 Scion xB

Based on 441 Ratings for the 2004 - 2006 models.

such an awsome car, wish I had ten of em'

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "roomy, economical, and fun to cruise in."

Cons: "No over drive gear in the manual (5speed)."

"I love the fact that I can get all my stuff for the beach, even stuff for surf camp in the car and still have room to pick up a friend. the gas milage is great and the low maintanence overall has just been tires and oil and wipers. I have the manual (5 speed). its got a hydralic self adjusting clutch that is fantastic. the open ended question for me from a consumer based view. Why would you design this car with-out an overdrive gear!? yes thats right no over drive. so in fifth gear in the HOV lane on the freeway at 70mph the tach. reads 4000rpms. an overdrive gear would cut that in half. then your gas milage would go up acordingly to 40+."

Best Decision I Ever Made.Excellent Urban Delivery

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Excellent value"

Cons: "when she goes..."

"**I am a driver for a Midlevel Parcel Overnight Delivery Service and drive between 150 to 225 miles a day.** Mixed Freeway and Residential 50/50. 5 speed manual transmission. Aftermarket alloy wheels for weight savings, standard tire size. I bought mine off a dealer lot after another vehicle bit the dust. 35,000 miles and clean as when the little old lady's son traded it in. Tires, Brake pads and oil are the largest consumables. Spark plugs as needed especially after a Spark Plug Coil unit event. The Spark Plug Coil will bring your day to a stop if it quits while you're driving. CARRY A SPARE ! I did and it's saved my day several times. I went 225,000 miles on the original clutch, your mileage may vary. When the Clutch broke though, it took the transmission. If you decide to replace, get one from Auto Zone, fair price, decent rebuild. I didn't do that. I had some driveway mechanic rebuild it and it blew again. Finally had a real shop put a used one in. So far so good, but it's time to say goodbye. To my beloved 2005 xB and you dear reader. I wish Toyota would make a hybrid out of this vehicle. Excellent urban delivery."

LOW LOW LOW MAINTENANCE

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Parellel park where no one else can; city perfect."

Cons: "It does not grow as my kids grow."

"I have only replaced one set of tires, one battery, one wind-sheild, and of course oil changes; not too many people can say that after seven years and 98k miles. That makes it real hard to even consider replacing the car. The wind-sheild was a manufacturer issue they offered to replace. That is why the quality is 9/10. Considering the retail price and market this car was designed for nets the 10/10 ratings. I like it so much I own two."

this car is in excellent shape

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pros: "this car runs good and fun to drive"

"this car is in excellent shape with original paint and has never been wrecked"

Best car I ever had

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Reliable car"

"The xb is a reliable car that is of high quality. My xb is a 2006 and gets great gas mileage. The Scion Xb is an excellent car any way you look at it."

Great little big car I am amazed at all room insde

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "price, milage, drives great, great sound system"

Cons: "4 cyl. lacks power with air"

"I am 6FT 2IN and have back problems this car is comfortable gets great gas mileage lacks power when air is on but it is alot of fun to drive and you can put $5.00 in gas and go somewhere. It had 10,000 on it when I bought it I put over 8,000 in 6 months can haul like a small van fits 5 people well and its a Toyota !"

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "very economical and versatile"

Cons: "luxury comforts are few & lacks cruise control"

"Th xB is versatile economic and fun. Every time I think of buying a new car I wonder what could give me the same value, flexibility and reliability and I come up empty."

Love my girl!

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "Great on gas, fits into tight spaces, the look"

Cons: "Takes forever to get up a hill"

Parked and clean

"I saw this car back in 2004 and was determined to get one.. 2 years later I made that dream a reality and I was lucky because that was the last year that they made the boxy looking model. I have never had any major problems with this car since purchasing it. I keep up my regular maintenance on the car and it is so good on gas. I always get people that want to purchase my car because they love the style of the 2006, not the new models of the Scion XB. I love that it is so roomy and there are plenty of open space under the driver and front passenger seat to place items. I have never been so happy with a car than I am with my 2006 Scion XB."

Parked and clean

Too bad they broke the mold!

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive! Super reliable. Quite comfortable."

Cons: "Scion quit making it!"

"Purchased a 5 speed new April, 2004-I had a Miata MX5 and an old Trooper. Sold them both for this vehicle and got the best of both these other vehichles--roominess of the Trooper and sportiness of the Miata. Basic maintenance has been it; oil changes my big expense. Too bad Scion decided this car needed to be "improved." I can't imagine I will ever have another car this practical, economical, and just plain cute. My husband is 6'4" and I'm 5'3" and we both love the comfort. And my Great Pyrenees and border collie each agree about the roominess and height. Eight years down the road and this vehicle is still tight, looks great, and still offering up great mileage."

wife's car...never out of the state....love it..

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

"excellent car...but tired of design after 7 years..."

Fantastic Value. Great Mileage and storage

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun drive, great price & Radio, low maintenance"

"It is not a Rolls Royce nor is it a Bugatti Veyron. But it is fun to drive, the stereo is kick butt, storage is unbelievable. At 163,000 miles I have only ever had to follow the recommended oil changes and service recommendations of the owners manual, never a problem. Still rocking 35mpg! Only problem is that after all these miles I am wondering when it will die so I have an excuse to get a new car. The 1.5 liter engine doesn't do 0-60 in 2 seconds but it is no slouch and feels great. I doubt there are many cars out there for the money that are as much fun and as functional as this car. Perfect all around car and it holds its value very well! New was $15K, 8-years later and 163,000 miles and it is still worth $6K doing the math that is only $1k/year for a car... hard to do better than that and still have air conditioning blowing cold, radio rocking and tires smoking!"

I think every body in the US should have one

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "it dose what I need it to do"

"I'll never buy another car. when the engine gives out I'll rebuild it and keep on riding it."

good car, good looks

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "price, toyota quality, space"

Cons: "no cruise control"

"My "toaster" turns head. Had to have a familly car, was not going to own a mini van. The xb has plenty of room for my familly of 4. I am 6' tall, tons of headroom. My wife is shorter...we have owned over 14 differnt cars and the XB is the ONLY car we dont adjust the steering wheel or seat for us. Same position is comforable for us both. Suspension is a tad stiff (maine roads are rough) but its not worse than any other small (short wheelbase) car Ive driven. Radio sometimes changes the station on its own, but other than that there have been no issues with the car. owned for 3+ years. under 2 years left to pay on it...and no plans to sell once its paid off! Longest we have ever kept a car. Some may think its funny looking, but its practical and makes alot of interior space out of its small foot print. Not much issues in the winter either...as long as you put decent winter tires on it. stability control works well. its a shame they only had this version xb in the use for 3 years. the newer one isnt as economical:("

Unique, Savvy, Smart, Fun to Drive!

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pros: "Efficient, comfy, spacious, soundly built, sturdy."

Cons: "nothing yet!"

"I have been looking for an xb for a few years now. Seems that no one wants to sell theirs! Finally I was able to get one with over 100,000 on it at a decent price. This one drives as nice as the ones i test drove with 23,000 miles! Which cost more than twice as much. I love the room, i am 6'6" and it has enough room for me and my stuff. I plan on driving this for a long time. Feels great on the road, plus the sight lines are fantastic, no blind spots! I am so glad to own this!"

The biggest little car that you will every own!

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

Pros: "Roomy for a wagon, great MPG, very comfortable"

Cons: "road noise, and ride is not the best"

"Was looking for a reliable vehicle about 6 months ago. Had no intentions of buying a scion, I thought the xb was small and weird. Saw this car for sale, loved the pictures and esp the MPG! Test drove and bough the next day! This has been the most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned. Tons of room! I bought a large bed with a head board and footboard and everything, nobody thought that it would fit in my car... but it did! Have not had any problems with this car and I don't suspect that I will be having any soon. Everybody that I show the car wants it."

I love my car!

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "Still runs like a charm, problem free"

Cons: "Not off-road worthy"

"Traded my 4-Runner for it when it was new and it has been a joy to own. Still looks and runs like a champ."

The xB

By on Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pros: "Room, room, and 30 MPG"

Cons: "No newer model of this car."

"Right car at the right time, had it been made by any other company I still would buy it! No car has more driver accessible storage, stick makes this small low powered car fun, and more rear leg room than any other car of it's size. I'm 6'4" and it fits."

All I can say is wow

By on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pros: "Low maintenance, sporty"

Cons: "Small engine, cloth seats are beat up, some rattle"

"I bought this vehicle new and spent $14,500 for it. I paid it off in 3 and a half years and currently have 101,000 miles on it. All I have done to it is replace tires, brakes, a water pump and spark plugs at 75000. Oil changes every 5000 miles. It doesn't go fast, but don't need that. I have hauled all sorts of things in it from refrigerators to washing machines, cabinets, counter tops. It gets 31 city, 34 hwy mpg. My 85 year old mom loves being able to walk into it and sit down. I plan on keeping it for another 200,000 miles which for me is 12 more years."

love the car.

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "not AWD"

"would buy another in a heartbeat. just need an AWD car. I have no complaints at all."

A dream that came true.

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, unique design, fun to drive"

Cons: "lacks power when carrying a lot of passengers"

"These have been my favorite cars since they came out in 2004. Once I got my driver's license and my first job, I saved up and bought one! I have a long commute to school and work and it get incredible gas mileage. I was a little nervous about how small the engine was (1.5L), but with the 5 speed manual transmission, it is very fun to drive. The only time I can really feel a lack of power is if I'm carrying two or three passengers, but since I do 95% of my driving alone, it's not an issue. I bought it used with about 70,000 miles and during the 30,000 miles that I've owned the car, it has not had any mechanical problems. The handling is great on this car. Again, I was afraid that it might handle like a pig based on its boxy shape but it actually handles better than any car I've driven. The suspension is firm and the steering is very responsive, giving you an excellent feel for the road. It makes the suspension on my girlfriend's 2012 Avenger feel like a ten year old mattress. The xB has a surprisingly low center of gravity considering the car's overall design. The car's design is what I originally fell in love with. It is the boxiest of it's competitors and people either love it or absolutely hate it. Either way, you will turn a lot of heads."

One of the easiest and fun vehicles to drive!!

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "cloth seats, cup holders in front of shifter"

"I got the Scion used with 20898 miles back in March of 2007. As of today I have 105000 miles on it and it drives like the day I bought it. Maintenance is very easy and cheap to do. If you have a bsic socket set you can take the whole car apart. It has tons of interior head and leg room. The 1.5 liter engine acctually does have more power than you would think. I average around 28-33 MPG but I am an aggressive driver. The worst thing about the vehicle is the cloth seats, I upgraded to leather ASAP."

The engineering that went into this car is superb.

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "The best if you want what it offers."

Cons: "If it's not what you want, not for you."

"I'm well along in years, but ever since the original boxy xB came out, I wanted one. I thought it looked funky. Until I bought an '06 used (5 speed manual tranny), I didn't realize just how well it was engineered with one exception. The black-plastic front grill pieces and the vinyl plastic "eyelids" under the headlamps aren't well attached. They fall out pretty easily, and if you don't replace them, it spoils "the look". Someone told me the xB was designed as an urban "people mover" for Japanese cities. The previous owner (Brooklyn, NY) told me, speaking about parking it in NY City, "There's always a spot for an xB." He was spot on. My family (wife and grown kids) thought I was nuts wanting this car, that is, until they rode in it. Everyone is amazed how much room there is inside. The seats are comfortable. There are no blind spots in the driver's seat. It's peppy -- high revs for the mph -- but the engine seems to love it. In summer I get the low 30's mi/gal on the highway (at 70 mph), around 28 mpg around town, and somewhat lower in the winter. Great A/C and good heater, too. Nice sound system. The roof is flat, which makes it easy to put "stuff" up there. I routinely put two inflatable kayaks on the roof for the 1-mile drive to the nearest harbor. I still think it looks funky, love it, and call it Tonka Toy. All in all, for its purpose and use, it's the best engineered car I've owned. When the xB went curvy and bigger after '06, the spoiled it. Too bad."

Fun to drive, great MPG, very reliablefun

By on Friday, June 15, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, gas mileage, interior room"

Cons: "rough ride, high road noise"

"I've owned my 2004 Scion XB 5 speed man for 4 years. It is very reliable, holds a ton of people and stuff for a car so small, extremely reliable and easy to maintain. Gas mileage is great 35 mpg combined. Only negatives are high road noise and rough ride on poor roads."

I'm in love already!

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, comfy, easy to drive, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Lacks luxury but not a big deal"

"I just bought this car but I love it already. It is comfortable and roomy and gets great gas mileage. My husband's 24 inch BMX bike fits perfectly in the back....as will all my furniture finds. Love it, love it, love it!!!"

Awesome little toaster!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Great price; great mileage."

Cons: "Low to the ground"

"My daughter bought this car in 2006 so she could haul people selling houses - perfect choice. She drove it for a year, the economy crash hit, and she wasn't making any money; I took the car over. I drive 16 miles round trip to work daily, but 1 to 2 days a week, I drive it up the mountain. If I am able to maintain my momentum, I pretty much stay with the crowd. I have driven through a lot of rain, snow, and wind going through the canyon and over the summit; potentially scary in any vehicle. This car holds its own! I put a hitch on the back for a bike carrier but it is much to close to the ground; this was a disappointment. My engineer friend is trying to figure out how to fix this issue. I am on my third set of tires - probably went too long on the second! Hydroplaned in heavy rain going up/down the mountain. My friend recently changed the transmission fluid, a task which ALSO changed the differential fluid! Nice bonus! He has also replaced the brakes, rear shocks, tail light, and dome light. I was delighted to find out it has a timing chain instead of a belt. This little car is full of pleasant surprises. This is the first car I have kept past 50,000 miles! Keep going, little toaster!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xB near Honolulu. See local deals