2004 Scion xB

Based on 441 Ratings for the 2004 - 2006 models.

Best Car Ever - I love my XB/

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "Visability and Room"

Cons: "A bit of a chore in cross winds"

"I love the visibility and room in the XB. The performance is good enough and the active traction control has kept me out of major accidents a time or two. But after 11 years and 250,000+ miles she just doesn’t go like she should, frankly I’m afraid something bad is going to happen that is going to be VERY expensive to fix. She is a good beast and frankly giving her up is going to hurt. If my commute was a bit less and they made THIS STYLE I would just get another one, but given how long my commute is, I think I have to have to trade for the Prius, but really don't want to. I want to keep my XB forever. Value: Best Value given the price and true cost to own. Reliability: No problems until 240,000 ... then have spent 3000 since then. Quality: OK for an econ box Driving: OK for a brick. Not so good on windy days over the bridge. Design: The front window is what sold me: Huge panoramic view. Storage: Another This thing can hold a huge amount if you are don't have more than one or two people in it. Lots of places to store stuff. Comfort: Not exactly lux, but the seats didn't bother me until I drove more then 6 hours at a time. Really good stock "radio"."

Trouble free, high quality little utility.

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

"I bought this car used in 2006 with 25,000 miles on the clock. It had a bad wheel bearing at the time, repaired under dealer warranty. I've since driven it more than 75,000 miles over mostly lousy Guam roads without incident other than an AC leak. Replaced battery and tires a few times -- replaced front brake pads at 92,000 and still running on the rear brakes at over 101,000. It performs well and always has -- reminds me of a BMW 318i I owned about 15 years ago. Handles well, easy to park and averages 32-plus MPG. It's a shame Toyota built this version for only two years -- it's an exceptional combination of economy, utility and performance that's hard to find today."

never owner a better car

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "useful and reliabe"

Cons: "road noise and hard ride on rough roads"

"Owned this for 10 years. Far surpassed all expectations for comfort, value, mileage, dependability, and usefulness. Road noise and ride over rough road surfaces is not ideal."

Reliable ~ Economical ~ Not Fast ~ Good Commuter

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

"Great small car. Never breaks down and needs only routine maintenance. Freeway MPG is outstanding, but city MPG is only fair (especially if you live in San Francisco, where there's a stop sign every block). Comfort is fine for short drives. Not to be mistaken for a sports car or luxury car. PROS: Reliable - never a problem. Economical - got 39.2 MPG going from Seattle, WA to Vancouver, WA on I-5. Parks in tiny parking spaces, since it's only 155 inches long. Great visibility - pillars block view only slightly, especially compared to newer cars. ABS & VSC! Great storage spaces. Outstanding interior space for such a small car. CONS: Not much power. A bit noisy, especially on the freeway. Turning radius is a bit wide (37 feet) for a small car. Seats are okay for short to medium drives, but doing the 900-mile San Francisco, CA to Seattle, WA drive is tiring and tough. No side impact air bags. Engine turns at almost 3,000 RPM at 65 MPH, so it works hard at freeway speeds (has a nice sound, though). Since the car has only 103 HP, going on a steep grade at freeway speeds drops the car into 3rd gear, spinning the engine at over 4K to maintain 60 MPH. That's noisy."

Best Decision as an Adult.

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "Boxy: lots of cargo space."

Cons: "Boxy: windy driving is fun!"

"Excellent vehicle. I drive it every day for work as a delivery driver for a regional parcel company. Replace the clutch before it blows up and it will run forever."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xB near Honolulu. See local deals