2006 Scion xA

9.3

Based on 305 Ratings for the 2004 - 2006 models.

9.7/10

I've had it 4 yrs. and are really happy with it.

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Dependability, gas mileage (32-38). Fun to drive."

Cons: "Could use a 6th gear"

"We have had the car 4 years. It gets great gas meleage, handles well and it is surprising how much it can haul. Weight capacity is over 800 lbs. Have put one set of new tires on it. We have put about 54,000 miles on it. Only repair that we have made is the water pump. When I heard the noise I immediately took it to the auto mechanic. Never over heated. Has timing chain so no concern about a timing belt breaking. Fun to drive. Have taken several trips from Atlanta to Chicago in it. Good leg room for adult passengers."

Love this car

By on Saturday, February 28, 2009

"Love my xA! Incredibly reliable. Not the best with hills immediately after a cold start, but it is tolerable. Super-easy entry and exit, says my 85-year-old father. Braking distance is amazingly short; probably saved my life on many occasions. My real-world mpg is usually 33.5 to 34.5."

2004 xA Base

By on Thursday, June 12, 2008

"Ride This car handles like a dream and has great pick-up for what it is. For passing I often click the OD off to get that lower gear torque and extra revs in miami to palm beach I95 North traffic. It parks anywhere and visibility is satisfactory. Asmentioned before this car revs very high. About 3k for 60mph and about 4k+ at 80mph. The noise can be a bit much at times. But its not unbearable. Remember this is a $10k sub-compact import. Gas Milage I drive this car at least 110 miles/day Monday through Saturday. Or about 660-700 miles a week. This is roughly 97% Highway miles. If I keep it at 65 - 70 I can get 35+ mpgs. at 80 - 90+ Its closer to 30 nd I have never averaged less than 30. This car will go 100+ mph confidently but is very noisy at 90+. Interior Bigger and more comfortable than it looks. An armrest would make the comfort 100x better. The lack of cruise control is also a minus consdering the type of driving I do. Exterior Subjective.I think it looks nice. After market customization makes them look alot better. The egg shape styling makes it unaffected when passing semis on the highway. Quality I bought this car on Jan 31, 2007 with 18,000 miles on it and put 15,000 on it from then till June 12, 2008. The first week I had it the passenger power window motor burned out and had to be replaced. This past week (6.12.2008) It had noise coming from the front end. Turns out it was the wheel bearings. The driver side power window motor burned up at the same time. I have a rental now as its in the shop.I have had no other problems with this car. It has never stalled and even after putting 15k on in 6 months it handles and drives the same. Service Experience. My wife took the car to the dealer for the wheel noise. First they told her that the defect was caused by an accident and the certified warranty would not cover it. After talking to the dealer and explaining that if it was in an accident it was before I had it and that they sold it to me liek that they changed their mind. I went through substantial grief straightening them out on this and am very disappointed with Toyota Service. Current Impression Despite the poor quality on the power window motors and poor service experience at Toyota I would still recomend this ride to anyone who needs competent, economical transport. Ill drive this thing till the wheels fall off. I wonder if I can put 300,000 on it."

Great Commuter Car & More

By on Monday, April 07, 2008

"I've owned this car for over three years and since then I haven't had any complaints. I did own a Saturn before, I had so many problems with it. This car has been so good I'm surprised with it's performance. First, it is a communter car. Great gas mileage, excellent reliability. I've driven over 90,000 miles without any problems. I also have a child and can drive with no major issues. Space may be an issue for some who are reliant on brining everything with them. With this car you have to "budget" what you need which can be an issue for some with kids. Then again, it's cheaper than driving a huge SUV (The Xb may be a better choice for those people.) Still you can fold the seats down for a LOT of room. Plus you can get a roof rack for the car and transport other items that way. The other thing I liked about this car is that everything came with it. Power Locks/Windows/Steering, ABS, AM/FM Stereo CD/MP3 system. This was my first Automatic car, and I'm not really bothered by the RPMs on the highway. It does ride a little rougher than a sedan or SUV may, but that's because of the size on both accounts. The really big thing for me is that as I've owned this car, it's stayed at the value of my payments! Which is great. When I traded in my old car the value was over $1000 less than what I owed on it. So far this car has stayed even with what I owe on it. So should I want to trade it in, I can get the same amount of money on my loan! Pros: Great Gas Milage (At least 30+MPG) Reliable Fully Loaded (Virtually) Compact Easy to drive and park Great room for the size Cons: If you have more than one child it may be a little crampt. (Try the Xb in that case) If you drive an SUV it takes a little getting used to, but not a bad car to switch to."

Awsome Car

By on Saturday, January 05, 2008

"I've had Toyota cars and trucks since I was 18 (Now 35)and I've always had great luck and good service from the dealerships. This is by far the best one I've owned. It's ride is quiet and smooth and it has enough power for everyday commuting. The driver sits up in the cabin so it feels like you are in a bigger vehicle. It's easy to get in and out of. Great gas mialge 35-40 on highway and 28-34 intown. I fit 2 bikes in the back with the seats folded down.The sound is great from the 160 watt stereo system and all the standard options are awsome. I'm keeping this car till it falls apart. I love driving it and it's a great value."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xA near Honolulu. See local deals