2015 Scion tC Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,868 - $19,331.

10/7.0

8.4

Based on 76 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Best vehicle ever!

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Pros: "handles well, great price, great stereo"

Cons: "cheap interior, door rattled, had to fix it."

"This car is so much fun to drive. The sound system comes stock with pioneer speakers(no subwoofer unfortunatly). It handles well, doesnt have the most power for a little car with a sports look, but I have been tuning mine and I have to say it has a lot of potential for more horsepower. I would definately recommend this car over its other competitors."

This is a great vehicle

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Handles well, roomier than my SC 400, fuel economy"

Cons: "some road noise at highway speeds."

"We are in our 40's, we have just over 20000 miles on our scion. Not one issue since ownership of our vehicle at all. We have been driving Toyota's since 1989. We are getting around 29 mpg so far. I have added a stealth box for more sound. Our car is lowered 3" with the TRD 19" rims, cement grey is our color. We get a ton of compliments on our car my wife and I fight over who is going to drive all or the time. This is a 2011 scion TC bought about 3.5 months ago.."

great value for the money

By on Monday, July 09, 2012

Pros: "Sporty, bulletproof reliability, comfy, affordable"

Cons: "Exhaust note, prefer quieter exhaust"

"the tC has very comfortable seating. I like the styling. Yes, there is a lot of plastic inside - but to those who raise this as an issue I have to ask - didn't you notice that before you bought it? If you want soft leather on the dash, you must pay an extra $5,000 or more for another vehicle, duh. So for the price, this is a great value. I have had a Celica in the past, so the hatchback is like old times, very useful. I know Toyota spent a lot of money on the exhaust note, frankly I would prefer quiet vs the note."

best car i've owned in 40 yrs of driving

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "very quick and fun to drive"

Cons: "could use an in-dash 6cd changer ---"

"sporty fun vehicle --- it is without a doubt the best car for the money i've owned --- i have the 2012 tc rs7 with upgraded sound system from oem audio --- the stock sound system was great, but the upgrade is awesome and worth the money.....i constantly get complimented on it..."

hot car, really rides well.

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "cost effective"

Cons: "interior is a little cheap"

"excellent car, great handling and durability is good."

I love It!!

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

"I am 4ft11 and this car was made for me,its fun and shows off my fun personality with the sunroof and stereo Its sporty and reliable good buy!!The roomy back seat is a plus!"

Super safe and fun to drive

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

"I recently wrecked my TC and totaled it. I walked away from the accident with only some bruises. I never would have thought that the vehicle was so safe. I will let everyone I know that Toyota makes a safe vehicle. It saved my life yesterday and I'm very thankful."

Amazing for the price!

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good power, good sound"

Cons: "Needs more tint on windows."

Day after purchase, now has the factory spoiler option.

"Keep in mind that this car is less than $20,000 (sticker price anyway). It has a great sporty feel, and i believe the six speed manual transmission is geared great for everyday driving. The power comes on strong, as if you want you can spin up through third gear. Factory exhaust has a very nice sporty sound without being loud. Gas mileage is very respectable for my driving conditions (27 in the city/country mix). Seats and interior are comfortable. Heats up quickly in the winter. The factory audio system sounds very good, i just recommend a small sub woofer in the back to achieve tighter bass; the factory speakers are a bit muddy at times. Tinted windows would be a plus, probably a future upgrade. Panoramic sunroof is nice, does make noise in sub-freezing temps. That is to be expected, as the cold metal car body flexes more than the big sheet of glass on top. This isn't something to worry or view as negative in my opinion, its just simple physics. This car was an excellent purchase in my opinion and i couldn't be happier. Like I said, for its price its a very good deal."

Day after purchase, now has the factory spoiler option.

very good economy car

By on Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pros: "great handling"

Cons: "big blind spots"

"The car is great overall and i love it. Great for a dailt driver, has excellent gas milage. Looks beautiful and aggressive but not as aggressive as some may think. The one flaw i find is the car has a huge blind spot for when changing lanes. The two panes behind the rear windows are extremely wide and blocks a big portion of view when changing lanes."

Much improved handling over previous years model!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Handling is amazing for a FWD car!"

Cons: "No rear wiper, needs 2nd power outlet."

Little Boy

"I have about 2000 miles on my new 2014 Scion tC manual transmission and here are some of my impressions: For 2014 Scion made several changes to the tC: New front and rear bodywork (Looks good to me, although a departure from the previous look, it looks more like the FR-S now) Upgraded steering and suspension improvements have made this car handle amazingly well for a FWD car. Stereo is touchscreen now (I actually prefer non touch screen but this is where the industry is going) The sound is very clear and strong from the Pioneer stereo. The engine is Camry reliable, in fact CR rated Scion as the most reliable brand made. Gas mpg so far after 2 months is 28.0 mpg average in mix city/highway frequently with the a/c or defrost on (defrost runs the a/c compressor). Mpg should continue to increase as the engine gets broken in, and it runs on regular gas. The manual transmission shifts easily with crisp engagement from gear to gear, throws are a bit long but not bad. We just had days of endless rain here and this thing sticks to the road even on rain soaked roads/I was flying around corners and turns and it never lost grip. The new 18 inch wheels look great and hide brake dust as they are partially black. The interior is very roomy, can seat 4 large adults with room to spare and the hatchback is HUGE, I can easily carry all my work gear with me (I carry a ton of boxes and supplies for work). The interior plastic on doors seems cheap and can scuff easily, but scuffs wipe away with a damp rag. Seats are very supportive/comfy and hold you well while you are cornering hard. Sunroof is a nice touch as is the rear roof glass. I wish it had a rear wiper for rain and snow. I have owned well over 2 dozen cars in my lifetime, this car seems like it would last long and be reliable. The engine has 179 horsepower and 172 ft lbs of torque, the torque is actually much higher than the FR-S and you can feel it in every gear, this car pulls strong when accelerating. 0-60 time is rated as anywhere from 6.9 seconds to 7.4 seconds depending on which car magazine/reviewer you read. I wish it had a 2nd power outlet. Overall I am very content so far with my purchase, this is the best handling front wheel car I have ever owned. $4 grand less expensive than a Civic Si, Civics really have a case of the "uglies" the last few years. Scion Tc is a looker! It is amazing in blue!"

Little Boy