2014 Scion tC Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,198 - $18,831.

10/7.1

8.4

Based on 76 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Biggest Bang For My Buck

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "Fit/finish, Handling, engine, economy."

"I bought my 2012 Tc a number of months ago, and have logged quite a few miles. I traded in my 2010 Mustang GT on this car. It's my first Toyota made vehicle, and I am very impressed! Although my V8 Mustang could out accellerate my new Tc, I clearly doubt the Mustang could out-handle the Scion around turns. The quality, fit/finish of this Scion is leaps and bounds over any American built car I have owned. All the standard features are mind blowing! Its no wonder Toyotas sell so well. The fuel mileage on the Tc is about double compared to my Mustang GT, around 36 highway. Yes, I do have the manual transmission. Engine performance is very impressive for a 4 cylinder engine, actually feels like a strong V6. Comfort and interior room are amazing...again much better than my 2010 Mustang. This car is fun around town, and is a competant long-distance highway cruiser. I consider this car to be the perfect all around vehicle for the performance minded. It certainly is no Porsche Boxster, but for the money, it gets you pretty close by. Two thumbs-up for Toyota/Scion!!!"

Reliable, but falls short in just a few things.

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Handling, Price, Feel of the Road, Styling"

Cons: "Speed, Just overall Basic"

"First let me start off by saying this is my first review of a car I have owned. The first thing I will start off with the exterior. I think the exterior is the best part of the car! Its sporty with a lot of attitude. I have the optional spoiler which I really like, even though it has no performance value to a FWD car. I do wish the car had standard privacy glass, none of the windows are tinted, and it doesn't make you feel very cool. haha The rims are fantastic, no need to ever change those, as they are already 18 inches! The interior is just a tad bland. This is mainly due to the fact is is supposed to be affordable. I have the upgraded ALPINE stereo, which makes the whole car shake, and I don't have any subwoofers! The steering wheel and the driving position are great, the thick steering wheel really add the the sport feel of the car. Now on to the performance. Lets just say the car has more bark than bite. The 180 hp 4 cylinder get the job done, but not in a straight race. I have the 6 speed automatic, and its about 8 seconds 0-60, which I would say is below average for this car category. The cornering is fantastic, and I have just the stock wheels and tires. Lets just say I can hit an off ramp on the toll road at 70 and there is just a little squeek from the tires. Needless to say this is more of a track car rather than a drag car, and let me just say, its really neither of those. The car is perfect for any teenager to young adult who wants to look cool, without completely breaking the bank, and not wanting to waste a lot of money on gas. I personally get around a 25 mpg average when I am in town, and when I decide to have a little fun with it, right around 20 with hard acceleration. Hope this helps any potential Buyers!!!"

I loved my Scion tC

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pros: "Has a lil power... handles well... good on gas..."

Cons: "In 4 years paint started to wear away in spots"

My Scion saved my life!!!!

"I used to own a 2006 Scion tC. I put a lil over 100,000 miles on it until some idiot rear ended me on the highway... I lost control, flew up a dirt embankment, rolled 3 times and slid a long ways upside down on the highway before I came to a stop. AND I WALKED AWAY!!! My Scion saved my life. I never had any maintenance issues... All I did was change the oil every 5000 miles... I'm buying another one ASAP!!!"

My Scion saved my life!!!!

Love it!

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"I bought my 2011 tC a week ago yesterday, I traded in my 2004 4Runner. I really love the car it drives great, I have a automatic but the automatics come with the tiptronic shifting which is nice and works well. wasnt crazy about the dashboard when i saw the pics online from the pics it looks cheap but in person it didnt look cheap at all and was actually very nice. I still get good MPG even when I drive it aggressively. Good stereo system (mine came with the opt. alpine system). The a car comes standard with 8 air bags, sunroof and nice deep bucket seats which are comfortable. The interior is surprisingly big. Im 22, and drive alot for work. Overall for me 2011 tC is a great price, alot of fun to drive and all aroud a good car, i hope to have it for a long time."

Thrill of a Sporty Car with Practicability

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "Bang for your Buck, Sporty but still Practical"

Cons: "No head room for Rear Passengers, heavy doors"

"I Bought my 2011 Scion TC in the beginning of August and after doing a lot of homework on what was available on the market I was sold as soon I took it for a test drive. If you are looking for the fun of a sports car with a tight budget or don't wanna make a lot of compromises that some sports cars force you to do, then the second generation TC is an excellent choice. The TC looks fantastic and nothing like a hatchback. Every time I open the hatch my friends are blown away by the amount of storage space the TC can accommodate. It's Great for college students hauling their stuff from home and to the dorm rooms every year. The 2.5 liter 6 speed 4 cylinder automatic isn't really pretty to look at under the hood as the engine wasn't given a cover, but in terms of reliability and performance you cannot beat it for the price. Driving long distances on the highway you will get over 31 MPG with the ECO setting that can be turned off and on from the gauge control's and it includes a AVG MPG display so you can track your fuel consumption. Where the TC impressed me is that if you also want a car that has emotion and feeling in the steering wheel it will impress you. We all like gas mileage and efficiency, but sometimes you just wanna have some fun behind the wheel! The Tectonic shiftier does take some getting used to but with some practice the car can really preform. On a "closed course" I managed to get up to 125 mph in the 5th gear before I had to slow down. Acceleration is great you can feel the pickup every time you press on the pedal makes blowing past those annoying semi's easy. Handling does take some getting used too while the car has great stability and grips the road sometimes the car feels a little heavy or stiff in the turns, but if you turn off the traction control it does help in those fun mountain roads. The interior is made of some kind of plastic and while it isn't the most pleasant thing to touch that doesn't really take away from the styling and the other features of the interior. The glove box sits high enough that it can be easily accessed while driving if needed and it won't hit your passenger in the knees when you open it. The Tc can sit 4 people comfortably, just make sure the rear passages are not too tall because head room isn't that great in the back, but there is plenty of leg room. Getting in and out of the TC is difficult sometimes especially for the rear passengers, because the doors are heavy and while the front driver and passenger seats do a great job at making you feel comfortable while driving they do have a tendency to get in the way at times and The front Seat belts are placed in an awkward positions making them hard to grab. The Sound system is a 300 watt Pioneer sound system and it works great. Comes with both a USB and AUX jack and you can access your Mp3 library from the stereo itself. You can play anything from Classical to Dub-step and it will sound great, but the plastic material of the interior means you are going to get a little rattling if you play your music loud like I do. Dynomat your doors if it bothers you. Air Condition works great, the Large sun roof is also a nice touch opens the car up on those beautiful days in the summer. If you like to do aftermarket upgrades the TC is one of the easiest cars to work on yourself. I added fog lights after I bought the car and they went in effortlessly. Overall its a great buy for someone who wants the thrill of a sports car but still wants to use it as a daily driver."