2014 Scion tC Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,307 - $18,877.

10/7.1

Based on 72 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Thrill of a Sporty Car with Practicability

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "Bang for your Buck, Sporty but still Practical"

Cons: "No head room for Rear Passengers, heavy doors"

"I Bought my 2011 Scion TC in the beginning of August and after doing a lot of homework on what was available on the market I was sold as soon I took it for a test drive. If you are looking for the fun of a sports car with a tight budget or don't wanna make a lot of compromises that some sports cars force you to do, then the second generation TC is an excellent choice. The TC looks fantastic and nothing like a hatchback. Every time I open the hatch my friends are blown away by the amount of storage space the TC can accommodate. It's Great for college students hauling their stuff from home and to the dorm rooms every year. The 2.5 liter 6 speed 4 cylinder automatic isn't really pretty to look at under the hood as the engine wasn't given a cover, but in terms of reliability and performance you cannot beat it for the price. Driving long distances on the highway you will get over 31 MPG with the ECO setting that can be turned off and on from the gauge control's and it includes a AVG MPG display so you can track your fuel consumption. Where the TC impressed me is that if you also want a car that has emotion and feeling in the steering wheel it will impress you. We all like gas mileage and efficiency, but sometimes you just wanna have some fun behind the wheel! The Tectonic shiftier does take some getting used to but with some practice the car can really preform. On a "closed course" I managed to get up to 125 mph in the 5th gear before I had to slow down. Acceleration is great you can feel the pickup every time you press on the pedal makes blowing past those annoying semi's easy. Handling does take some getting used too while the car has great stability and grips the road sometimes the car feels a little heavy or stiff in the turns, but if you turn off the traction control it does help in those fun mountain roads. The interior is made of some kind of plastic and while it isn't the most pleasant thing to touch that doesn't really take away from the styling and the other features of the interior. The glove box sits high enough that it can be easily accessed while driving if needed and it won't hit your passenger in the knees when you open it. The Tc can sit 4 people comfortably, just make sure the rear passages are not too tall because head room isn't that great in the back, but there is plenty of leg room. Getting in and out of the TC is difficult sometimes especially for the rear passengers, because the doors are heavy and while the front driver and passenger seats do a great job at making you feel comfortable while driving they do have a tendency to get in the way at times and The front Seat belts are placed in an awkward positions making them hard to grab. The Sound system is a 300 watt Pioneer sound system and it works great. Comes with both a USB and AUX jack and you can access your Mp3 library from the stereo itself. You can play anything from Classical to Dub-step and it will sound great, but the plastic material of the interior means you are going to get a little rattling if you play your music loud like I do. Dynomat your doors if it bothers you. Air Condition works great, the Large sun roof is also a nice touch opens the car up on those beautiful days in the summer. If you like to do aftermarket upgrades the TC is one of the easiest cars to work on yourself. I added fog lights after I bought the car and they went in effortlessly. Overall its a great buy for someone who wants the thrill of a sports car but still wants to use it as a daily driver."

Holds its value, Sporty and Reliable!

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

Pros: "Price, Highest Residual Value, Features, Design"

Cons: "they dont come in pairs haha"

"I researched cars for 4 months before deciding on the tC. I do my homework. I read every consumer report on every vehicle along with expert reports on many different websites. It comes down to the tC flat out beating the competition...for a better price...that holds its value better than any other vehicle in its class and beyond. I bought the Release 10 series special edition. Mine is number 2187 of 3500. Best decision of my life. Its design exterior/interior is incredible, driver focused, functional and with tons of flare. Everyone tells me my car is sharp and sexy. The tC also adds the uniqueness of the hatchback with tons of storage! making it the ultimate adventure mobile. It is not loud, it drives so smooth. And all cars take about 4-6000 miles to break in and they do even better! I cant imagine this car getting any better. My advice from the undecisive researher I am, GET THIS CAR.oh and the sounds system....IS WICKED! Bass will knock you out of the car, and sound quality is flawless."

Don't bother with this one

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Sporty looking"

Cons: "bad road, noise, jerky drive, heavy doors"

"This was my first new car and I wish I would have done more research. The Scion TC looks sporty and the interior is pretty nice. Unfortunately this is where the "nice" stops. This car has more road noise than I have EVER had with another car. What is the point of having Bluetooth when you can't hear anything if you are driving faster than 45 mph. I have had a 2 door in the past, but never with such heavy doors. The shifting and ride of this car is lacking. Very "jerky" and more noise than performance. Yes this car is affordable and sporty looking, but next time I will go for a better quality car over the price. If you enjoy driving and like having a nice quite good riding car, this is not the car for you."

Excellent Sport Coupe

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Accelleration, handling, reliability, fuel mileage"

Cons: "Rear seat has no cup holders."

"My tC is a 2013 model. It has the manual transmission 6-speed. Ride quality is firm, but not abusive. Enough room for 4 adults comfortably. Fuel mileage is 34 hwy, and only regular fuel is required. Accelleration is very strong, about that of a Civic Si. Handling is very secure, with no body lean at all...a true sport coupe. Fit/finish is very good, typical of a Toyota product. The tC comes loaded with everything you could possible want, including dual sun-roofs. Short trips or long trips, this is a comfortable car with supportive seats and plenty of leg room for all. Reliability is top-notch. This car is an excellent value if you are in the market for a sport coupe."

13 TC

By on Monday, March 04, 2013

Pros: "Sunroof, sound system, steering wheel & hatchback"

Cons: "squeaky suspension"

"my 1st Scion. Wanted a coupe with fwd due to weather. Great value, comfortable car. Steering initially heavy but gotten used to it. 6 speed manual is smooth but a bit vague. Power/torque feel great, dont feel like I can run it on rails, but the dynamics can make for decent fun."

3rd Times a Charm- Saved My Life

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY"

Cons: "Wish there was way to open hatchback from inside."

"I purchased a 2006 used Scion TC in 2008. I LOVED that car. I had no issues out of it at all. It was Silver 5 speed, handled perfectly. In 2011, we were hit with a hail storm that totaled it sitting in the driveway. I was devasted. I ended up purchasing a 2011 Scion TC, Cement 6 speed. I did notice a sound randomly in the dash two times in the 1 year and a half, but did not last long and Toyota noted it in my file. Unfortunately, I recently was in a collision were someone pulled out in front of me. It was a bigger SUV. From the look of my car, I should not have walked out of the accident. I was wearing my seatbelt thankfully and all my airbags deployed as they should. I walked away with minor bumps and bruises. I am now waiting for the total report so that I can purchase my 2013. Yes, the interior is plastic and could be better... but when it comes down to it. I don't care if my car inside is plastic [it is still nice and works great] as long as the outside does its job. It is a fantastic car. Heat and AC are both fantastic. The five star safety rating is well deserved! Love the room."

Love my tC

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "Amazing exterior, good power, great sound system"

Cons: "Cheapy plastic used for interior finishings."

"I have had this car for several months now and I am loving it. I don't understand why all the professional reviews list performance as one of its cons -saying it doesnt match the cars sporty looks. So if the car didn't look so good, it would have a better performance rating? C'mon now! This car has more horse power and is faster 0-60 than ANY other car in the price range. It's not a sports car but it is quick and gets decent gas mileage- I get about 27mpg with pretty aggresive acceleration. The exterior looks amazing in my opinion. The sound system is great- better than any other car I test drove and almost as good as the BOSE system I had in my old Mercedes E350. Even though it looks like a coupe it is a hatchback so you can fold forward the back seats for TONS of cargo room. The interior materials are cheap plastic, I wish Scion would have spent another 500-1000 bucks to have some soft touch materials."

fun safe nice-looking car

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "audio, body style, many awesome standard features!"

Cons: "rear view is slightly limited"

Just had a washing

"I just bought a 2013 tc in October 2012. I had it for a few months now and I really enjoy it. It is a really good looking car, audio is good enough you won't need any upgrades. I got the bespoke audio and it really makes the car look more sophisticated. It's quick and smooth ride make it fun to drive. Get the tint and spoiler and fog lights for a more aggressive look in my opinion. I often find myself just taking the tC out for a spin after its all clean and shiny."

Just had a washing

My Christmas present

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "great price for a great car"

"My husband got me the 2013 tc for Christmas. I am 57 yrs. old and have a few cars under my belt, but I can say that this one is the most fun by far. It rides and handles like a more expensive car. I love it. I love the look , the feel and just the whole package. It's an awesome little car."

Awesome!

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Safe, Reliable, Fun"

Cons: "2010 was cramped."

"My scion also saved my life, it was totaled but I walked away from an accident where I wasnt wearing a seatbelt. I am also buying one again asap."