2014 Scion tC Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,723 - $19,158.

10/7.1

Based on 66 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

I love It!!

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

"I am 4ft11 and this car was made for me,its fun and shows off my fun personality with the sunroof and stereo Its sporty and reliable good buy!!The roomy back seat is a plus!"

nice car

By on Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pros: "MPG, handling, speed"

Cons: "interior"

"the car is good for the MPG and the speed but the car has a very cheap interior"

Best vehicle ever!

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Pros: "handles well, great price, great stereo"

Cons: "cheap interior, door rattled, had to fix it."

"This car is so much fun to drive. The sound system comes stock with pioneer speakers(no subwoofer unfortunatly). It handles well, doesnt have the most power for a little car with a sports look, but I have been tuning mine and I have to say it has a lot of potential for more horsepower. I would definately recommend this car over its other competitors."

Love this car!

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "Great price for looks, space, & standard features"

Cons: "Dark interior (especially w/ tinted windows)"

"I love this car! I previously always owned Volkswagens as I have always loved them but after owning 6 of them, the constant issues and all-out problems got tiring. I decided to give a Japanese car a try for their known reliability and the 2012 Scion tC was definitely the best bang for the buck and the best looking in my opinion. The standard features like panoramic sunroof, pioneer sound system, 18" wheels, and safety features was very impressive. It drives and handles the road very well and I average 27mpg in mixed driving. On a road trip to North Carolina and back, I averaged 36 mpg both ways...extremely impressed with a car that can get that kind of mileage and still have some power to have fun with. I compared it mainly to the Mazda 3 and found it to be more versatile and have a better value for the money. Plus I got free maintenance for 2 years/25,000 miles which after spending ridiculous amounts of money on VW service, was a welcome blessing. People have complemented me on it numerous times and friends cant believe how roomy it is inside. The only thing I'd changed about the Scion is the interior...complaing about the hard plastics(look at any other car in the price range,they all use hard plastics) I just wish there were different colors/trims instead of mainly charcoal grey and a dark silver trim. Otherwise I cannot say enough how much I love this car and how impressed I am with Toyota products now. Do yourself a favor and at least check this car out in your search."

Fun and Sporty Vehicle

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, sporty, stylish"

Cons: "N/A"

"Bought my TC Special Edition (only 2200 made) in Sept 2012. Love this car. Toyota knows how to make a reliable vehicle that has style and is affordable. 2year maintenance plan covers oil change ( which your first is not until 10,000 miles) and tire rotation. Push start is nice along with navigation and back-up camera option. "High Voltage" color and painted black rims grab attention from people. Interior is good. Seats are comfy even on an 8 hour car trip. Drove the car 3200 miles across the country (Florida to Oregon) with no problems. Smooth ride (for having low profile tires) Handling corners is no problem. Surprising power hides under the hood and passing is a breeze. Eco mode gives you up to 35mpg no problem. Would buy another one."

Fun and sporty 2year maintenance Great gas mileage

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, sporty, stylish"

Cons: "N/A"

Biggest Bang For My Buck

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "Fit/finish, Handling, engine, economy."

"I bought my 2012 Tc a number of months ago, and have logged quite a few miles. I traded in my 2010 Mustang GT on this car. It's my first Toyota made vehicle, and I am very impressed! Although my V8 Mustang could out accellerate my new Tc, I clearly doubt the Mustang could out-handle the Scion around turns. The quality, fit/finish of this Scion is leaps and bounds over any American built car I have owned. All the standard features are mind blowing! Its no wonder Toyotas sell so well. The fuel mileage on the Tc is about double compared to my Mustang GT, around 36 highway. Yes, I do have the manual transmission. Engine performance is very impressive for a 4 cylinder engine, actually feels like a strong V6. Comfort and interior room are amazing...again much better than my 2010 Mustang. This car is fun around town, and is a competant long-distance highway cruiser. I consider this car to be the perfect all around vehicle for the performance minded. It certainly is no Porsche Boxster, but for the money, it gets you pretty close by. Two thumbs-up for Toyota/Scion!!!"

2013 Scion TC

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, great sound system, Sporty, good gas milage"

Cons: "None!"

"I recently bought my 2013 Scion TC. I havent driven A manual transmission in over 4yrs and I absolutley LOVE to drive my 6sp. Its roomy than most would think. I compared the back seat leg room with our 2010 4 door Kia Forte and its about the same. I can not wait to add a few upgrades for more hp!"

great value for the money

By on Monday, July 09, 2012

Pros: "Sporty, bulletproof reliability, comfy, affordable"

Cons: "Exhaust note, prefer quieter exhaust"

"the tC has very comfortable seating. I like the styling. Yes, there is a lot of plastic inside - but to those who raise this as an issue I have to ask - didn't you notice that before you bought it? If you want soft leather on the dash, you must pay an extra $5,000 or more for another vehicle, duh. So for the price, this is a great value. I have had a Celica in the past, so the hatchback is like old times, very useful. I know Toyota spent a lot of money on the exhaust note, frankly I would prefer quiet vs the note."

WORST CAR EVER...TOYCAR!

By on Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pros: "hate it"

Cons: "hate it, fragile, toy like car"

Nice exterior- HORRIBLE MECHANICAL!

"worst car ever, 5K and its at the shop for the second time, fragile car, worst nightmare of my life,"

Nice exterior- HORRIBLE MECHANICAL!

2nd tc I've owned- no regrets! Great car for price

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive, very safe, holds value"

Cons: "Interior needs improvement"

"I have owned my 2012 tc since September of last year. Before this tc I owned a 2007 tc. I was in an accident"

I'm too old

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Lease price is excellent, good torque"

Cons: "Too low to the ground, must drive fast"

"There is a reason Scion is marketed to people a lot younger than me. While this car is fun to drive, I'm so glad we just leased it. I do not enjoy falling into it and I hate how low to the ground it is. If I didn't have to drive in Seattle traffic- slow and weather issues, I know I would enjoy this as a daily driver much more. Really, it is torture putzing through traffic when it deserves to be driven fast and furious. Really, I am just too old for this car. I hope the next person to get this one really enjoys it."

Decent Vehicle for the Money

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The car the first day I got it (Jan 2011)

"I got this car as a college gift because my dad wanted me in a new Toyota or Honda. So out of the two I decided to get this Scion. At first it was cool, looked really aggressive compared to the previous year tc's. Overall, for a 4-cylinder, power wasn't too bad. The 6-Speed manual isn't a bad touch either. The seats are super comfy too. The only problems that I have with this car is that (1) the interior quality is terrible. Within weeks I had scratches all over the door panels and inner panels of my car. (2) The paint quality isn't that great. I got a bunch of scratches on it from washing it my first time. (3) Finally, it doesn't have that get up and go that you would like in a performance vehicle. Overall, it is reliable and get's me from point A to point B. Gas mileage is decent."

The car the first day I got it (Jan 2011)

Amazing for the price!

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good power, good sound"

Cons: "Needs more tint on windows."

Day after purchase, now has the factory spoiler option.

"Keep in mind that this car is less than $20,000 (sticker price anyway). It has a great sporty feel, and i believe the six speed manual transmission is geared great for everyday driving. The power comes on strong, as if you want you can spin up through third gear. Factory exhaust has a very nice sporty sound without being loud. Gas mileage is very respectable for my driving conditions (27 in the city/country mix). Seats and interior are comfortable. Heats up quickly in the winter. The factory audio system sounds very good, i just recommend a small sub woofer in the back to achieve tighter bass; the factory speakers are a bit muddy at times. Tinted windows would be a plus, probably a future upgrade. Panoramic sunroof is nice, does make noise in sub-freezing temps. That is to be expected, as the cold metal car body flexes more than the big sheet of glass on top. This isn't something to worry or view as negative in my opinion, its just simple physics. This car was an excellent purchase in my opinion and i couldn't be happier. Like I said, for its price its a very good deal."

Day after purchase, now has the factory spoiler option.

release 7.0

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "looks,interior,ride,sporty,well equiped"

Cons: "mpg could be a little better"

"love this car! looks awesome! real head turner!"

NOISES EVERYWHERE

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"SUNROOF POPS WHEN IT IS WARM OUTSIDE AND OVER BUMPS - INTERIOR CHEAP PLASTIC - TIRES BAD IN WINTER - VEHICLE RUNS LOUD - NO REAR WIPER - DOOR LOCKS AND SOME SWITCHES HAVE NO LIGHTS - NO AUTO LIGHTS - NOT WORTH THE MONEY"

Reliable, but falls short in just a few things.

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Handling, Price, Feel of the Road, Styling"

Cons: "Speed, Just overall Basic"

"First let me start off by saying this is my first review of a car I have owned. The first thing I will start off with the exterior. I think the exterior is the best part of the car! Its sporty with a lot of attitude. I have the optional spoiler which I really like, even though it has no performance value to a FWD car. I do wish the car had standard privacy glass, none of the windows are tinted, and it doesn't make you feel very cool. haha The rims are fantastic, no need to ever change those, as they are already 18 inches! The interior is just a tad bland. This is mainly due to the fact is is supposed to be affordable. I have the upgraded ALPINE stereo, which makes the whole car shake, and I don't have any subwoofers! The steering wheel and the driving position are great, the thick steering wheel really add the the sport feel of the car. Now on to the performance. Lets just say the car has more bark than bite. The 180 hp 4 cylinder get the job done, but not in a straight race. I have the 6 speed automatic, and its about 8 seconds 0-60, which I would say is below average for this car category. The cornering is fantastic, and I have just the stock wheels and tires. Lets just say I can hit an off ramp on the toll road at 70 and there is just a little squeek from the tires. Needless to say this is more of a track car rather than a drag car, and let me just say, its really neither of those. The car is perfect for any teenager to young adult who wants to look cool, without completely breaking the bank, and not wanting to waste a lot of money on gas. I personally get around a 25 mpg average when I am in town, and when I decide to have a little fun with it, right around 20 with hard acceleration. Hope this helps any potential Buyers!!!"

never again!

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "sit high up-0-60 in nothing-great sound sys"

Cons: "everything else about this car."

"There are two HUGE blind spots. Seats are hard and uncomfortable for long drives. There is no trim on outside to avoid scratches and dings from other cars. Scratches *easily*. Timing set too high, [but it's a computer car], too much energy starting out, jerks. plastic radio controls, shouldn't be so hard to find a playlist. Got extra car alarm, which is useless, cause as a woman, I want to be able to get in my car and lock it immediatedly in some instances. I can't do that AND then start the car. Horn blares and car won't start. I like sitting higher but there's barely enough leg room for long legs."

best car i've owned in 40 yrs of driving

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "very quick and fun to drive"

Cons: "could use an in-dash 6cd changer ---"

"sporty fun vehicle --- it is without a doubt the best car for the money i've owned --- i have the 2012 tc rs7 with upgraded sound system from oem audio --- the stock sound system was great, but the upgrade is awesome and worth the money.....i constantly get complimented on it..."

Fun Value

By on Monday, January 02, 2012

Pros: "beats my friends camero 2ss around town"

Cons: "no tonneau cover available"

"For the money you cant beat it. Atleast if you get a stick. The automatic doesnt have as much punch to it. But, I can tell you that it is a great overall car. The interior space is great being 6'3" and still having room is a huge bonus. You can even put another 6 footer in back. The fit and finish isnt what I hoped for out of Toyota but it is better than most. The handling in this car is excellent. It grips hard turns at high speeds and just begs to be pushed harder. After owning a Imprezza and making trips through the mountains many times I didnt expect the TC to be able to keep up yet to my suprise it beat it. What can I say its a whole lot of car for $20k brand new"

Awesome

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Nice to drive"

Cons: "Some people don't like that it feels small"

"I love this car. I was just curious as to its current value if I were to sell it. Many people compliment the car and say how cute it is....Since I am female, I suppose."

Awsome car.

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

"Drive nice handles even better wish it was a little faster."

This is a great vehicle

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Handles well, roomier than my SC 400, fuel economy"

Cons: "some road noise at highway speeds."

"We are in our 40's, we have just over 20000 miles on our scion. Not one issue since ownership of our vehicle at all. We have been driving Toyota's since 1989. We are getting around 29 mpg so far. I have added a stealth box for more sound. Our car is lowered 3" with the TRD 19" rims, cement grey is our color. We get a ton of compliments on our car my wife and I fight over who is going to drive all or the time. This is a 2011 scion TC bought about 3.5 months ago.."

I love my 2012 scion tc release series.

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "Convinent, smooth to drive"

Cons: "Expensive ha but hey Im only 19 with a $22,000 car"

"I just bought the yellow 2012 scion tc release series car. I love the puts to start and the trd package.. I have the rear spoiler. Love the car! My sister had a 2008 scion Xbox that she bought new and just traded that in for a 2012 scion Xb.. We love our scions!"

Fun Car

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "Very enjoyable drive"

Cons: "Upholstery and seats low quality; large blind spot"

"I have had the 2012 limited edition tC for a couple of weeks now. I love the handling and drive. Doors open nice and wide, hatch space is huge. Love the dash and the push button start. Lost points for hard seat and cheap upholstery. Road noise was higher than I expected."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next