2013 Scion tC

Based on 85 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Reliable, but falls short in just a few things.

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Handling, Price, Feel of the Road, Styling"

Cons: "Speed, Just overall Basic"

"First let me start off by saying this is my first review of a car I have owned. The first thing I will start off with the exterior. I think the exterior is the best part of the car! Its sporty with a lot of attitude. I have the optional spoiler which I really like, even though it has no performance value to a FWD car. I do wish the car had standard privacy glass, none of the windows are tinted, and it doesn't make you feel very cool. haha The rims are fantastic, no need to ever change those, as they are already 18 inches! The interior is just a tad bland. This is mainly due to the fact is is supposed to be affordable. I have the upgraded ALPINE stereo, which makes the whole car shake, and I don't have any subwoofers! The steering wheel and the driving position are great, the thick steering wheel really add the the sport feel of the car. Now on to the performance. Lets just say the car has more bark than bite. The 180 hp 4 cylinder get the job done, but not in a straight race. I have the 6 speed automatic, and its about 8 seconds 0-60, which I would say is below average for this car category. The cornering is fantastic, and I have just the stock wheels and tires. Lets just say I can hit an off ramp on the toll road at 70 and there is just a little squeek from the tires. Needless to say this is more of a track car rather than a drag car, and let me just say, its really neither of those. The car is perfect for any teenager to young adult who wants to look cool, without completely breaking the bank, and not wanting to waste a lot of money on gas. I personally get around a 25 mpg average when I am in town, and when I decide to have a little fun with it, right around 20 with hard acceleration. Hope this helps any potential Buyers!!!"

Thrill of a Sporty Car with Practicability

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "Bang for your Buck, Sporty but still Practical"

Cons: "No head room for Rear Passengers, heavy doors"

"I Bought my 2011 Scion TC in the beginning of August and after doing a lot of homework on what was available on the market I was sold as soon I took it for a test drive. If you are looking for the fun of a sports car with a tight budget or don't wanna make a lot of compromises that some sports cars force you to do, then the second generation TC is an excellent choice. The TC looks fantastic and nothing like a hatchback. Every time I open the hatch my friends are blown away by the amount of storage space the TC can accommodate. It's Great for college students hauling their stuff from home and to the dorm rooms every year. The 2.5 liter 6 speed 4 cylinder automatic isn't really pretty to look at under the hood as the engine wasn't given a cover, but in terms of reliability and performance you cannot beat it for the price. Driving long distances on the highway you will get over 31 MPG with the ECO setting that can be turned off and on from the gauge control's and it includes a AVG MPG display so you can track your fuel consumption. Where the TC impressed me is that if you also want a car that has emotion and feeling in the steering wheel it will impress you. We all like gas mileage and efficiency, but sometimes you just wanna have some fun behind the wheel! The Tectonic shiftier does take some getting used to but with some practice the car can really preform. On a "closed course" I managed to get up to 125 mph in the 5th gear before I had to slow down. Acceleration is great you can feel the pickup every time you press on the pedal makes blowing past those annoying semi's easy. Handling does take some getting used too while the car has great stability and grips the road sometimes the car feels a little heavy or stiff in the turns, but if you turn off the traction control it does help in those fun mountain roads. The interior is made of some kind of plastic and while it isn't the most pleasant thing to touch that doesn't really take away from the styling and the other features of the interior. The glove box sits high enough that it can be easily accessed while driving if needed and it won't hit your passenger in the knees when you open it. The Tc can sit 4 people comfortably, just make sure the rear passages are not too tall because head room isn't that great in the back, but there is plenty of leg room. Getting in and out of the TC is difficult sometimes especially for the rear passengers, because the doors are heavy and while the front driver and passenger seats do a great job at making you feel comfortable while driving they do have a tendency to get in the way at times and The front Seat belts are placed in an awkward positions making them hard to grab. The Sound system is a 300 watt Pioneer sound system and it works great. Comes with both a USB and AUX jack and you can access your Mp3 library from the stereo itself. You can play anything from Classical to Dub-step and it will sound great, but the plastic material of the interior means you are going to get a little rattling if you play your music loud like I do. Dynomat your doors if it bothers you. Air Condition works great, the Large sun roof is also a nice touch opens the car up on those beautiful days in the summer. If you like to do aftermarket upgrades the TC is one of the easiest cars to work on yourself. I added fog lights after I bought the car and they went in effortlessly. Overall its a great buy for someone who wants the thrill of a sports car but still wants to use it as a daily driver."

Biggest Bang For My Buck

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "Fit/finish, Handling, engine, economy."

"I bought my 2012 Tc a number of months ago, and have logged quite a few miles. I traded in my 2010 Mustang GT on this car. It's my first Toyota made vehicle, and I am very impressed! Although my V8 Mustang could out accellerate my new Tc, I clearly doubt the Mustang could out-handle the Scion around turns. The quality, fit/finish of this Scion is leaps and bounds over any American built car I have owned. All the standard features are mind blowing! Its no wonder Toyotas sell so well. The fuel mileage on the Tc is about double compared to my Mustang GT, around 36 highway. Yes, I do have the manual transmission. Engine performance is very impressive for a 4 cylinder engine, actually feels like a strong V6. Comfort and interior room are amazing...again much better than my 2010 Mustang. This car is fun around town, and is a competant long-distance highway cruiser. I consider this car to be the perfect all around vehicle for the performance minded. It certainly is no Porsche Boxster, but for the money, it gets you pretty close by. Two thumbs-up for Toyota/Scion!!!"

Super safe and fun to drive

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

"I recently wrecked my TC and totaled it. I walked away from the accident with only some bruises. I never would have thought that the vehicle was so safe. I will let everyone I know that Toyota makes a safe vehicle. It saved my life yesterday and I'm very thankful."

Scion has once again made a solid sporty car!

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "affordable, sporty, plenty of cargo space"

Cons: "interior fabric is cheap"

"After having owned previous "sport like" cars, I have noticed that the scion tc has been going in the correct direction. Yes the car is not meant to compete with other turbo 4 cylinder cars. Remember that the scion tc is not leaned toward being fast as it priority. Scion Tc has a balance of great sporty look, and a nice comfortable smooth ride. It does have a 2.5 liter engine from toyota which if you need a nice looking car to get to and from places in the city, this cars engine is more than enough. The torque is there just have it rev and the engine responds especially in the highway. Scion did not focus on the interior cloth, one can tell that its mostly cheap material but the stock car audio system will confirm that the money spent on the car is well worth it. The car steering feels good alongside with decent handling coming from MacPherson strut suspension setup. Toyota could have upgraded the suspension to double wish bone for better stability coming that the car is heavy than average for a 4 cylinder motor. The cars automatic transmission is not the best if not warmed up. The car does require you to start and warm up the engine and transmission in order for it to adequately work. The scion tc does have plenty of cargo space when compared to other 2 door sporty cars."

very good economy car

By on Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pros: "great handling"

Cons: "big blind spots"

"The car is great overall and i love it. Great for a dailt driver, has excellent gas milage. Looks beautiful and aggressive but not as aggressive as some may think. The one flaw i find is the car has a huge blind spot for when changing lanes. The two panes behind the rear windows are extremely wide and blocks a big portion of view when changing lanes."

This is a great vehicle

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Handles well, roomier than my SC 400, fuel economy"

Cons: "some road noise at highway speeds."

"We are in our 40's, we have just over 20000 miles on our scion. Not one issue since ownership of our vehicle at all. We have been driving Toyota's since 1989. We are getting around 29 mpg so far. I have added a stealth box for more sound. Our car is lowered 3" with the TRD 19" rims, cement grey is our color. We get a ton of compliments on our car my wife and I fight over who is going to drive all or the time. This is a 2011 scion TC bought about 3.5 months ago.."

I think I'm in love..

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "Fuel Economy, Fun to Drive, Stylish inside and out"

Cons: "A Little Bigger Than Normal Blind Spot"

"I got the brand new 2012 Scion tC 7.0 Release Series towards the end of September and I've never been more pleased with a purchase. I love the aggressive style (especially in the release series). It's the perfect car for a daily driver such as myself, considering my commute to and from work equals close to 50 miles each day. It's extremely fun to drive and suprisingly roomy. I have some friends that are well over 6 foot tall that have sat comfortably in the front and back seats if that tells you anything. The fuel economy is a little better than I expected which is always a welcomed suprise. The Premium Sound is great as well, especially for the younger generations whom Scion is aimed towards. Overall it gets 5 stars from me because I couldn't ask for more out of a car for this price."

Much improved handling over previous years model!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Handling is amazing for a FWD car!"

Cons: "No rear wiper, needs 2nd power outlet."

Little Boy

"I have about 2000 miles on my new 2014 Scion tC manual transmission and here are some of my impressions: For 2014 Scion made several changes to the tC: New front and rear bodywork (Looks good to me, although a departure from the previous look, it looks more like the FR-S now) Upgraded steering and suspension improvements have made this car handle amazingly well for a FWD car. Stereo is touchscreen now (I actually prefer non touch screen but this is where the industry is going) The sound is very clear and strong from the Pioneer stereo. The engine is Camry reliable, in fact CR rated Scion as the most reliable brand made. Gas mpg so far after 2 months is 28.0 mpg average in mix city/highway frequently with the a/c or defrost on (defrost runs the a/c compressor). Mpg should continue to increase as the engine gets broken in, and it runs on regular gas. The manual transmission shifts easily with crisp engagement from gear to gear, throws are a bit long but not bad. We just had days of endless rain here and this thing sticks to the road even on rain soaked roads/I was flying around corners and turns and it never lost grip. The new 18 inch wheels look great and hide brake dust as they are partially black. The interior is very roomy, can seat 4 large adults with room to spare and the hatchback is HUGE, I can easily carry all my work gear with me (I carry a ton of boxes and supplies for work). The interior plastic on doors seems cheap and can scuff easily, but scuffs wipe away with a damp rag. Seats are very supportive/comfy and hold you well while you are cornering hard. Sunroof is a nice touch as is the rear roof glass. I wish it had a rear wiper for rain and snow. I have owned well over 2 dozen cars in my lifetime, this car seems like it would last long and be reliable. The engine has 179 horsepower and 172 ft lbs of torque, the torque is actually much higher than the FR-S and you can feel it in every gear, this car pulls strong when accelerating. 0-60 time is rated as anywhere from 6.9 seconds to 7.4 seconds depending on which car magazine/reviewer you read. I wish it had a 2nd power outlet. Overall I am very content so far with my purchase, this is the best handling front wheel car I have ever owned. $4 grand less expensive than a Civic Si, Civics really have a case of the "uglies" the last few years. Scion Tc is a looker! It is amazing in blue!"

Little Boy

I love It!!

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

"I am 4ft11 and this car was made for me,its fun and shows off my fun personality with the sunroof and stereo Its sporty and reliable good buy!!The roomy back seat is a plus!"