2013 Scion tC Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,441 - $18,784.

10/7.2

Based on 62 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

No Complaints!

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Reason: End of Lease

"I just traded in my 2011 Scion tC back to the dealership due to my lease ending, and my need to go from a 2-door to a 4-door. If I was still able to keep a 2-door car, I would have bought this car once my lease ended. I had it for 3 years, and I cannot think of a complaint about it. It is fun to drive, had no mechanical issues at all, and was a pleasure to lease. The exterior design is a great upgrade from 2010, especially the 18" wheels. The interior is more spacious than you would originally think too. Plenty of leg room in the front and back seats, and a good amount of cargo space with the seats folded down (fit a +6' Christmas tree multiple years). The USB/iPod connectivity is great (although more common in other vehicles now in 2014), and the Pioneer sound system is excellent. The fuel mileage is as advertised. I got down around 23/24 mpg city in the snow with winter tires on, and as high as 35 mpg on a day trip going mostly highway. The seats are comfortable; not the most comfortable but definitely above average. The interior material seemed a little on the cheap side and the MSRP seemed like it could of been a little cheaper in 2011, but those are the only negatives I can think of. It was overall fun to drive and an extremely reliable car over the 3 years I leased it."

Best Bang for your $'s 4 $ure

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, features, Sounds + + + + + +"

Cons: "None really 4 this price 4-Sure"

"The Scion tC is a great Touring Coupe for the price & all the features it contains. I love the driver's seating positions and the way the engine & transmission performs. Decent MPG's + the reliability of the Toyota's four cylinder proven engine. Has great torque & performance is above average for this class. It's just not for young adults. I'm in my 70's and enjoy the way this tC handles, performs for it's low purchase price compared to it's competition. A person must drive one to really find out what a great vehicle the Scion tC is on the road. It is the best in it's class to me. I love it. Try one & see for yourself."

Fun to drive, 6spd is a must ..

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "cool looking , fun to drive, toyoya quality"

Cons: "carpet , plastic inside , road noise ."

"I bought this car in march 2013 . I like the looks of the car , the glass roof of the car adds some cool factor. The car has a cool stance body flares as you move to the back of the car. This car is white and the dark grey wheels go well together . The color of the interior is black and dark grey. The steering wheel in this car is crazy cool ! I has a leather wrapped "Indy" style with bottom of the wheels is flat and its has a wide grip it look and feels great. Also the steering wheel has radio controls place at fingers reach . This car has electronic steering. No power steering pump, its does have a little different feel to it . After a some getting used to it , I like it ! The car handles quite well , there is no body roll under heavy cornering , the stability control and traction controls are cool feature you don't see on 20 thousand dollar car. but with the electric steering cant "feel" as much so be careful you can spin out. 4 wheel disc anti lock brakes work very well the car will stop when and where you want it to. Motor is peppy , fuel economy is not that great , if you drive normal and ease up to speed you can stretch out the fuel economy , but if you don't then you will not get posted miles per gallon that's on the window sticker. A turbo would be nice or a V6 as a option . The inside of the car is a area that needs improvement . The dash has a sports car feel all round gauge cluster , no real gauges all "idiot" lights , needs temp gauge and oil pressure gauge . The sound sys is great 300w pioneer with cd and blue tooth. it does crank , no matter what style of music you listen to . The carpet in this car is cheap floor mats a must , this car needs more insolation lots of road noise. Just turn up the radio . The arm rest is not padded , but that kind of works for me , if it was padded then you will put elbow marks in it or it will crack . no pad no elbow marks or cracks .The back seat does have room for adults to sit or kids . I fold them down , helps keep the sun off of them . I like the styling of the front end of the car the head lights are cool , small compact small turn signal lamps as well , rear of the car I would like smaller round tail lamps , think they are to big . I would also like to dual exhaust . This is a review from a owner not a journalist . If you want a car that not everyone has and it has Toyota quality and good price and its worth every dollar. I say buy , you will not find a better car for the price."

fun to drive!!

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "SO fun to drive. Sun roof is ideal since car is sm"

Cons: "mp3 player (not an Apple) didn't trnsmit thru syst"

"low maintenance. Just oil changes and tires. no mechanical issues. Only desire is for speed and a trunk/ hatch cover (for stuff in the trunk.)"

Much improved handling over previous years model!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Handling is amazing for a FWD car!"

Cons: "No rear wiper, needs 2nd power outlet."

Little Boy

"I have about 2000 miles on my new 2014 Scion tC manual transmission and here are some of my impressions: For 2014 Scion made several changes to the tC: New front and rear bodywork (Looks good to me, although a departure from the previous look, it looks more like the FR-S now) Upgraded steering and suspension improvements have made this car handle amazingly well for a FWD car. Stereo is touchscreen now (I actually prefer non touch screen but this is where the industry is going) The sound is very clear and strong from the Pioneer stereo. The engine is Camry reliable, in fact CR rated Scion as the most reliable brand made. Gas mpg so far after 2 months is 28.0 mpg average in mix city/highway frequently with the a/c or defrost on (defrost runs the a/c compressor). Mpg should continue to increase as the engine gets broken in, and it runs on regular gas. The manual transmission shifts easily with crisp engagement from gear to gear, throws are a bit long but not bad. We just had days of endless rain here and this thing sticks to the road even on rain soaked roads/I was flying around corners and turns and it never lost grip. The new 18 inch wheels look great and hide brake dust as they are partially black. The interior is very roomy, can seat 4 large adults with room to spare and the hatchback is HUGE, I can easily carry all my work gear with me (I carry a ton of boxes and supplies for work). The interior plastic on doors seems cheap and can scuff easily, but scuffs wipe away with a damp rag. Seats are very supportive/comfy and hold you well while you are cornering hard. Sunroof is a nice touch as is the rear roof glass. I wish it had a rear wiper for rain and snow. I have owned well over 2 dozen cars in my lifetime, this car seems like it would last long and be reliable. The engine has 179 horsepower and 172 ft lbs of torque, the torque is actually much higher than the FR-S and you can feel it in every gear, this car pulls strong when accelerating. 0-60 time is rated as anywhere from 6.9 seconds to 7.4 seconds depending on which car magazine/reviewer you read. I wish it had a 2nd power outlet. Overall I am very content so far with my purchase, this is the best handling front wheel car I have ever owned. $4 grand less expensive than a Civic Si, Civics really have a case of the "uglies" the last few years. Scion Tc is a looker! It is amazing in blue!"

Little Boy