2012 Scion tC

8.4

Based on 81 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Fantastic car

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, price, utility, reliable."

"Absolutely love this car. Great engine and transmission, good MPG I usually always get 28 or better in mixed driving. Lots of interior space for small car, including the back seat and trunk. Blast to drive, big 18" 225/45R18 tires give lots of grip and solid ride. Responsive steering, nicely weighted, ride is a good balance between stiff and comfort."

Fun and peppy!

By on Friday, June 05, 2015

Pros: "Great handling and sound system"

Cons: "I am questioning the durability of the paint"

"Have had this for two months now and love it. I have the 6 speed manual and it is great. You can have fun off the line by turning off the traction "nanny" with the touch of a button. Corners are fun when come from 100+ mph into tight off ramps. Performance really happens in the 4-6000rmp range. Only draw back is that is is a little sluggish in the 2-4000rmp range. Speakers and interior are wonderful with controls on the steering wheel. With bluetooth for my Pandora off my phone I really don't miss passing up the Bespoke Audio. *Only major issue* The paint is not very durable to small pebbles and such. I did not get the optional front applique and wish I had. I have noticed many small chips in the paint where a very small rock was kicked out of a tire. I would recommend getting the applique for the front bumper and hood."

The best vehicle for the price.

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Best price for a sporty fun to drive coupe!"

Cons: "interior colors are limited"

"It has been very reliable and the vehicle is loaded with lots of equipment for what you will get for the price of others in the same class. The reliability of this tc I can say is the best I have seen. It also provides more leg room & head room in its class. Sporty, and fun to drive! You definitely get more for the buck! I'm completely happy with my Scion tC and I plan to trade up to the 2015 tC."

NOISES EVERYWHERE

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"SUNROOF POPS WHEN IT IS WARM OUTSIDE AND OVER BUMPS - INTERIOR CHEAP PLASTIC - TIRES BAD IN WINTER - VEHICLE RUNS LOUD - NO REAR WIPER - DOOR LOCKS AND SOME SWITCHES HAVE NO LIGHTS - NO AUTO LIGHTS - NOT WORTH THE MONEY"

13 TC

By on Monday, March 04, 2013

Pros: "Sunroof, sound system, steering wheel & hatchback"

Cons: "squeaky suspension"

"my 1st Scion. Wanted a coupe with fwd due to weather. Great value, comfortable car. Steering initially heavy but gotten used to it. 6 speed manual is smooth but a bit vague. Power/torque feel great, dont feel like I can run it on rails, but the dynamics can make for decent fun."

Good performance, good looks

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, steering, acceleration, reliable"

Cons: "Terrible paint quality"

"I purchased my 2014 tC in black back in August. This car is very fun to drive aggressively, or just taking it on a cruise. I had this car for about 8 months now and enjoy driving it everyday. The car is perfect on power for the average person and both transmissions offer great performance. The pioneer system is much better than other companies offer. The interior is very spacious, even for people sitting in the back seat. Nobody can believe how much leg room there is in the back even with the front seats moved back. The seats are comfortable and supportive for longer drives, and they hold you in tight when turning around corners. The only problem I have with the car is the POOR paint quality. My car is black and there are about 5-10 white chips on the hood, and my front bumper's clear coat has about 50 holes in it.I know cars get marked up, but this is just unacceptable for a car that isn't even a year old. I will have to get it repainted when it starts to look worse and get a quality job to avoid this problem in the future."

love it! thinking of buying another one.

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

"own the 2006 manual one, still love the ride. only complain the wheels and limited side views."

Great car for the price!

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

"Great car, I get so many compliments where ever I go. Amazing handling and awesome styling. An aspect Toyota/Scion could have done better with was the turning radius, too wide. My SUV makes tighter turns. But nonetheless, its a great vehicle."

LOVE IT!

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "great price, comfortable drive, very roomy inside,"

"I got my 2011 Scion tC in November. I love the new more aggressive look to the car. Since I got it I have had no problems to date. It is a very stylish car, is a comfortable drive and has great fuel economy. I will be driving my car in the years to come."

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2015

"Compared to other cars this same size I have owned in the past---better than most. Muffler a little noisy, but I think they have marketed this car towards young males. Clutch pedal goes a little too far to the floor, even after it was adjusted."

Second best car I've owned

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Sporty, Fun to drive, Pretty Quick For A 4Cylinder"

Cons: "No Leather, No Auto Lights/Seats, No Seat Heaters."

"I wanted this vehicle because I liked the "sporty" look it had. But once I got into the vehicle.....it didn't have anything that made me fall in love with it. It looked the same inside as every other one. I was trading in my 07 Jetta, and going from a vehicle that had leather seats, seat heaters, electric seats, automatic headlights, it just wasn't a very good trade. The tC is a nice car don't get me wrong, but it wasn't what I was expecting when I walked into the dealership to do the trade. It's a great teen car, but being 26 years old, I don't feel like I should be driving it.If I could, I would go back to a Jetta in a heartbeat."

Great car fo the money

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun and sporty"

Cons: "Plastic cheap interior"

"Too much plastic in interior. Sunroof cover is a joke come on Toyota you can do better! Great looking sporty car so far no issues."

My 2nd tC

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "price, fun to drive, sporty, big sunroof, mpg"

Cons: "no automatic lights, stock tires don't last long,"

"I had a 2011 tC that I foolishly got rid of for a Fusion. I missed the gas mileage and sportiness of the tC."

Never Buy Another Scion

By on Friday, October 09, 2015

Reason: Cheap, Problems, Rattles, Noises, Bad Fuel Economy, Low Resale Value

Pros: "Looks cool like it stated too cute"

Cons: "whole car need to be redesigned"

"Horrible fit and finish, Mold smell from a/c, whole car rattles, squeaks, noises from everywhere, it's a over priced TOY CAR, very bad in resale value, take my lost and move on to different brand."

Not as sporty as it looks.

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Good stock sound system, good gas mileage, roomy, cargo room, sporty looking"

Cons: "Performance for price, fwd, driving gets dull after a while."

"The car is nice for a daily driver or a college student but if you want a car for sportiness and acceleration you're better off buying a new camaro for about the same amount of money. Very comfortable and roomy and a ton of cargo room. The fact that its fwd doesn't help if you want a sports car though."

Awesome vehicle for first time car buyers.

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Pros: "Sporty design, Great value, Very fun to drive"

Cons: "No option for leather seats"

"As a young professional this car is really all I can ask for and more. It handles very nicely, it's fun to drive, and being a hatch back allows for a lot of cargo room."

Cheap, but still NOT worth the money!

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Pros: "Relatively unexpensive, spacious , nice exterior"

Cons: "cheap interior, sticking gears, bad cruise control"

"INTERIOR: very cheap, air conditioner knobs are difficult to turn and feel like they are going to break at any given moment, dash makes a rattling noise that will sometimes stop if the driver presses the break, driver's side floor mats had holes in them within the first month of purchasing the vehicle EXTERIOR: looks nice, no issues ENGINE (automatic): gears stick to the point where the driver needs to let off the gas so that the car will shift to the next gear (applicable to lower and higher gears), cruise control knob needs to be bumped up/down THREE times to change the speed by ONE mile"

Good performance, good looks

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, steering, acceleration, reliable"

Cons: "Terrible paint quality"

Don't bother with this one

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Sporty looking"

Cons: "bad road, noise, jerky drive, heavy doors"

"This was my first new car and I wish I would have done more research. The Scion TC looks sporty and the interior is pretty nice. Unfortunately this is where the "nice" stops. This car has more road noise than I have EVER had with another car. What is the point of having Bluetooth when you can't hear anything if you are driving faster than 45 mph. I have had a 2 door in the past, but never with such heavy doors. The shifting and ride of this car is lacking. Very "jerky" and more noise than performance. Yes this car is affordable and sporty looking, but next time I will go for a better quality car over the price. If you enjoy driving and like having a nice quite good riding car, this is not the car for you."

never again!

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "sit high up-0-60 in nothing-great sound sys"

Cons: "everything else about this car."

"There are two HUGE blind spots. Seats are hard and uncomfortable for long drives. There is no trim on outside to avoid scratches and dings from other cars. Scratches *easily*. Timing set too high, [but it's a computer car], too much energy starting out, jerks. plastic radio controls, shouldn't be so hard to find a playlist. Got extra car alarm, which is useless, cause as a woman, I want to be able to get in my car and lock it immediatedly in some instances. I can't do that AND then start the car. Horn blares and car won't start. I like sitting higher but there's barely enough leg room for long legs."

WORST CAR EVER...TOYCAR!

By on Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pros: "hate it"

Cons: "hate it, fragile, toy like car"

Nice exterior- HORRIBLE MECHANICAL!

"worst car ever, 5K and its at the shop for the second time, fragile car, worst nightmare of my life,"

Nice exterior- HORRIBLE MECHANICAL!

Great car. No so great build

By on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"I think the TC is a great car that didn't get put together very well. I feel a coming and going vibration under the passenger seat floor board that translates into the driver side as well. The sun roof rattles like it's falling apart when it's not open all the way or closed all the way. Some rattle noises coming from the passenger area leaning towards the back seat. Something rattles when the door in closed from inside the car. Sounds like it's coming from the back. Car sorta wants to drift to the right. Almost all the time. Pitch of the road doesn't matter. Fuel ecomomy is getting up there. I'm up to an average 20 within 200 miles. Alpine radio sets its self back to 0 some times. Bass and treble settings etc. Subwoofer has to be turned off. Way too much. Unless you like that sort of thing."

Love this car!

By on Friday, December 11, 2015

Pros: "Good price, love the sporty look"

Cons: "Wish it was a little better on gas"

"Used to have a Chevy Cruze. I've never hated a car so much in my life. It left me stranded 3 times and what kind of new car already needs a water pump? I've always liked the design of the tC. Bought my tC in March of 2014. With regular maintenance (oil changes, rotating tires) i haven't had any problems. Perfect for work and school. I love driving my car. Handles turns really well too."

Awesome

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Nice to drive"

Cons: "Some people don't like that it feels small"

"I love this car. I was just curious as to its current value if I were to sell it. Many people compliment the car and say how cute it is....Since I am female, I suppose."

I love my 2012 scion tc release series.

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "Convinent, smooth to drive"

Cons: "Expensive ha but hey Im only 19 with a $22,000 car"

"I just bought the yellow 2012 scion tc release series car. I love the puts to start and the trd package.. I have the rear spoiler. Love the car! My sister had a 2008 scion Xbox that she bought new and just traded that in for a 2012 scion Xb.. We love our scions!"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next