2012 Scion tC

Based on 86 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

2013 Scion TC

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, great sound system, Sporty, good gas milage"

Cons: "None!"

"I recently bought my 2013 Scion TC. I havent driven A manual transmission in over 4yrs and I absolutley LOVE to drive my 6sp. Its roomy than most would think. I compared the back seat leg room with our 2010 4 door Kia Forte and its about the same. I can not wait to add a few upgrades for more hp!"

2nd tc I've owned- no regrets! Great car for price

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive, very safe, holds value"

Cons: "Interior needs improvement"

"I have owned my 2012 tc since September of last year. Before this tc I owned a 2007 tc. I was in an accident"

2011 Style Change

By on Sunday, October 17, 2010

"The new 2011 is a little more responsive (Performance) than the 2010 model. We really like the new styling with the low profile tires and windows and increased back seat head room. This with the added knee bag and other safety feature make this car a great buy."

3rd Times a Charm- Saved My Life

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY"

Cons: "Wish there was way to open hatchback from inside."

"I purchased a 2006 used Scion TC in 2008. I LOVED that car. I had no issues out of it at all. It was Silver 5 speed, handled perfectly. In 2011, we were hit with a hail storm that totaled it sitting in the driveway. I was devasted. I ended up purchasing a 2011 Scion TC, Cement 6 speed. I did notice a sound randomly in the dash two times in the 1 year and a half, but did not last long and Toyota noted it in my file. Unfortunately, I recently was in a collision were someone pulled out in front of me. It was a bigger SUV. From the look of my car, I should not have walked out of the accident. I was wearing my seatbelt thankfully and all my airbags deployed as they should. I walked away with minor bumps and bruises. I am now waiting for the total report so that I can purchase my 2013. Yes, the interior is plastic and could be better... but when it comes down to it. I don't care if my car inside is plastic [it is still nice and works great] as long as the outside does its job. It is a fantastic car. Heat and AC are both fantastic. The five star safety rating is well deserved! Love the room."

Holds its value, Sporty and Reliable!

By on Friday, August 2, 2013

Pros: "Price, Highest Residual Value, Features, Design"

Cons: "they dont come in pairs haha"

"I researched cars for 4 months before deciding on the tC. I do my homework. I read every consumer report on every vehicle along with expert reports on many different websites. It comes down to the tC flat out beating the competition...for a better price...that holds its value better than any other vehicle in its class and beyond. I bought the Release 10 series special edition. Mine is number 2187 of 3500. Best decision of my life. Its design exterior/interior is incredible, driver focused, functional and with tons of flare. Everyone tells me my car is sharp and sexy. The tC also adds the uniqueness of the hatchback with tons of storage! making it the ultimate adventure mobile. It is not loud, it drives so smooth. And all cars take about 4-6000 miles to break in and they do even better! I cant imagine this car getting any better. My advice from the undecisive researher I am, GET THIS CAR.oh and the sounds system....IS WICKED! Bass will knock you out of the car, and sound quality is flawless."

Love it!

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"I bought my 2011 tC a week ago yesterday, I traded in my 2004 4Runner. I really love the car it drives great, I have a automatic but the automatics come with the tiptronic shifting which is nice and works well. wasnt crazy about the dashboard when i saw the pics online from the pics it looks cheap but in person it didnt look cheap at all and was actually very nice. I still get good MPG even when I drive it aggressively. Good stereo system (mine came with the opt. alpine system). The a car comes standard with 8 air bags, sunroof and nice deep bucket seats which are comfortable. The interior is surprisingly big. Im 22, and drive alot for work. Overall for me 2011 tC is a great price, alot of fun to drive and all aroud a good car, i hope to have it for a long time."

fun safe nice-looking car

By on Monday, January 7, 2013

Pros: "audio, body style, many awesome standard features!"

Cons: "rear view is slightly limited"

Just had a washing

"I just bought a 2013 tc in October 2012. I had it for a few months now and I really enjoy it. It is a really good looking car, audio is good enough you won't need any upgrades. I got the bespoke audio and it really makes the car look more sophisticated. It's quick and smooth ride make it fun to drive. Get the tint and spoiler and fog lights for a more aggressive look in my opinion. I often find myself just taking the tC out for a spin after its all clean and shiny."

Just had a washing

Fun to drive, 6spd is a must ..

By on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pros: "cool looking , fun to drive, toyoya quality"

Cons: "carpet , plastic inside , road noise ."

"I bought this car in march 2013 . I like the looks of the car , the glass roof of the car adds some cool factor. The car has a cool stance body flares as you move to the back of the car. This car is white and the dark grey wheels go well together . The color of the interior is black and dark grey. The steering wheel in this car is crazy cool ! I has a leather wrapped "Indy" style with bottom of the wheels is flat and its has a wide grip it look and feels great. Also the steering wheel has radio controls place at fingers reach . This car has electronic steering. No power steering pump, its does have a little different feel to it . After a some getting used to it , I like it ! The car handles quite well , there is no body roll under heavy cornering , the stability control and traction controls are cool feature you don't see on 20 thousand dollar car. but with the electric steering cant "feel" as much so be careful you can spin out. 4 wheel disc anti lock brakes work very well the car will stop when and where you want it to. Motor is peppy , fuel economy is not that great , if you drive normal and ease up to speed you can stretch out the fuel economy , but if you don't then you will not get posted miles per gallon that's on the window sticker. A turbo would be nice or a V6 as a option . The inside of the car is a area that needs improvement . The dash has a sports car feel all round gauge cluster , no real gauges all "idiot" lights , needs temp gauge and oil pressure gauge . The sound sys is great 300w pioneer with cd and blue tooth. it does crank , no matter what style of music you listen to . The carpet in this car is cheap floor mats a must , this car needs more insolation lots of road noise. Just turn up the radio . The arm rest is not padded , but that kind of works for me , if it was padded then you will put elbow marks in it or it will crack . no pad no elbow marks or cracks .The back seat does have room for adults to sit or kids . I fold them down , helps keep the sun off of them . I like the styling of the front end of the car the head lights are cool , small compact small turn signal lamps as well , rear of the car I would like smaller round tail lamps , think they are to big . I would also like to dual exhaust . This is a review from a owner not a journalist . If you want a car that not everyone has and it has Toyota quality and good price and its worth every dollar. I say buy , you will not find a better car for the price."

great value for the money

By on Monday, July 9, 2012

Pros: "Sporty, bulletproof reliability, comfy, affordable"

Cons: "Exhaust note, prefer quieter exhaust"

"the tC has very comfortable seating. I like the styling. Yes, there is a lot of plastic inside - but to those who raise this as an issue I have to ask - didn't you notice that before you bought it? If you want soft leather on the dash, you must pay an extra $5,000 or more for another vehicle, duh. So for the price, this is a great value. I have had a Celica in the past, so the hatchback is like old times, very useful. I know Toyota spent a lot of money on the exhaust note, frankly I would prefer quiet vs the note."

best car i've owned in 40 yrs of driving

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pros: "very quick and fun to drive"

Cons: "could use an in-dash 6cd changer ---"

"sporty fun vehicle --- it is without a doubt the best car for the money i've owned --- i have the 2012 tc rs7 with upgraded sound system from oem audio --- the stock sound system was great, but the upgrade is awesome and worth the money.....i constantly get complimented on it..."