2012 Scion tC

8.4

Based on 81 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Love it!

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"I bought my 2011 tC a week ago yesterday, I traded in my 2004 4Runner. I really love the car it drives great, I have a automatic but the automatics come with the tiptronic shifting which is nice and works well. wasnt crazy about the dashboard when i saw the pics online from the pics it looks cheap but in person it didnt look cheap at all and was actually very nice. I still get good MPG even when I drive it aggressively. Good stereo system (mine came with the opt. alpine system). The a car comes standard with 8 air bags, sunroof and nice deep bucket seats which are comfortable. The interior is surprisingly big. Im 22, and drive alot for work. Overall for me 2011 tC is a great price, alot of fun to drive and all aroud a good car, i hope to have it for a long time."

Super safe and fun to drive

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

"I recently wrecked my TC and totaled it. I walked away from the accident with only some bruises. I never would have thought that the vehicle was so safe. I will let everyone I know that Toyota makes a safe vehicle. It saved my life yesterday and I'm very thankful."

Thrill of a Sporty Car with Practicability

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "Bang for your Buck, Sporty but still Practical"

Cons: "No head room for Rear Passengers, heavy doors"

"I Bought my 2011 Scion TC in the beginning of August and after doing a lot of homework on what was available on the market I was sold as soon I took it for a test drive. If you are looking for the fun of a sports car with a tight budget or don't wanna make a lot of compromises that some sports cars force you to do, then the second generation TC is an excellent choice. The TC looks fantastic and nothing like a hatchback. Every time I open the hatch my friends are blown away by the amount of storage space the TC can accommodate. It's Great for college students hauling their stuff from home and to the dorm rooms every year. The 2.5 liter 6 speed 4 cylinder automatic isn't really pretty to look at under the hood as the engine wasn't given a cover, but in terms of reliability and performance you cannot beat it for the price. Driving long distances on the highway you will get over 31 MPG with the ECO setting that can be turned off and on from the gauge control's and it includes a AVG MPG display so you can track your fuel consumption. Where the TC impressed me is that if you also want a car that has emotion and feeling in the steering wheel it will impress you. We all like gas mileage and efficiency, but sometimes you just wanna have some fun behind the wheel! The Tectonic shiftier does take some getting used to but with some practice the car can really preform. On a "closed course" I managed to get up to 125 mph in the 5th gear before I had to slow down. Acceleration is great you can feel the pickup every time you press on the pedal makes blowing past those annoying semi's easy. Handling does take some getting used too while the car has great stability and grips the road sometimes the car feels a little heavy or stiff in the turns, but if you turn off the traction control it does help in those fun mountain roads. The interior is made of some kind of plastic and while it isn't the most pleasant thing to touch that doesn't really take away from the styling and the other features of the interior. The glove box sits high enough that it can be easily accessed while driving if needed and it won't hit your passenger in the knees when you open it. The Tc can sit 4 people comfortably, just make sure the rear passages are not too tall because head room isn't that great in the back, but there is plenty of leg room. Getting in and out of the TC is difficult sometimes especially for the rear passengers, because the doors are heavy and while the front driver and passenger seats do a great job at making you feel comfortable while driving they do have a tendency to get in the way at times and The front Seat belts are placed in an awkward positions making them hard to grab. The Sound system is a 300 watt Pioneer sound system and it works great. Comes with both a USB and AUX jack and you can access your Mp3 library from the stereo itself. You can play anything from Classical to Dub-step and it will sound great, but the plastic material of the interior means you are going to get a little rattling if you play your music loud like I do. Dynomat your doors if it bothers you. Air Condition works great, the Large sun roof is also a nice touch opens the car up on those beautiful days in the summer. If you like to do aftermarket upgrades the TC is one of the easiest cars to work on yourself. I added fog lights after I bought the car and they went in effortlessly. Overall its a great buy for someone who wants the thrill of a sports car but still wants to use it as a daily driver."

very good economy car

By on Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pros: "great handling"

Cons: "big blind spots"

"The car is great overall and i love it. Great for a dailt driver, has excellent gas milage. Looks beautiful and aggressive but not as aggressive as some may think. The one flaw i find is the car has a huge blind spot for when changing lanes. The two panes behind the rear windows are extremely wide and blocks a big portion of view when changing lanes."

This is a great vehicle

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Handles well, roomier than my SC 400, fuel economy"

Cons: "some road noise at highway speeds."

"We are in our 40's, we have just over 20000 miles on our scion. Not one issue since ownership of our vehicle at all. We have been driving Toyota's since 1989. We are getting around 29 mpg so far. I have added a stealth box for more sound. Our car is lowered 3" with the TRD 19" rims, cement grey is our color. We get a ton of compliments on our car my wife and I fight over who is going to drive all or the time. This is a 2011 scion TC bought about 3.5 months ago.."