2012 Scion tC

Based on 85 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Love this car!

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "Great price for looks, space, & standard features"

Cons: "Dark interior (especially w/ tinted windows)"

"I love this car! I previously always owned Volkswagens as I have always loved them but after owning 6 of them, the constant issues and all-out problems got tiring. I decided to give a Japanese car a try for their known reliability and the 2012 Scion tC was definitely the best bang for the buck and the best looking in my opinion. The standard features like panoramic sunroof, pioneer sound system, 18" wheels, and safety features was very impressive. It drives and handles the road very well and I average 27mpg in mixed driving. On a road trip to North Carolina and back, I averaged 36 mpg both ways...extremely impressed with a car that can get that kind of mileage and still have some power to have fun with. I compared it mainly to the Mazda 3 and found it to be more versatile and have a better value for the money. Plus I got free maintenance for 2 years/25,000 miles which after spending ridiculous amounts of money on VW service, was a welcome blessing. People have complemented me on it numerous times and friends cant believe how roomy it is inside. The only thing I'd changed about the Scion is the interior...complaing about the hard plastics(look at any other car in the price range,they all use hard plastics) I just wish there were different colors/trims instead of mainly charcoal grey and a dark silver trim. Otherwise I cannot say enough how much I love this car and how impressed I am with Toyota products now. Do yourself a favor and at least check this car out in your search."

release 7.0

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "looks,interior,ride,sporty,well equiped"

Cons: "mpg could be a little better"

"love this car! looks awesome! real head turner!"

Fun Value

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

Pros: "beats my friends camero 2ss around town"

Cons: "no tonneau cover available"

"For the money you cant beat it. Atleast if you get a stick. The automatic doesnt have as much punch to it. But, I can tell you that it is a great overall car. The interior space is great being 6'3" and still having room is a huge bonus. You can even put another 6 footer in back. The fit and finish isnt what I hoped for out of Toyota but it is better than most. The handling in this car is excellent. It grips hard turns at high speeds and just begs to be pushed harder. After owning a Imprezza and making trips through the mountains many times I didnt expect the TC to be able to keep up yet to my suprise it beat it. What can I say its a whole lot of car for $20k brand new"

Excellent Car!

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "beautifully elegant, fun to drive, excellent value"

Cons: "not a coast to coast driver. sporty seats stiff"

"I bought this vehicle brand new from the toyota dealership and I dont have one bad thing to say about this vehicle. Its built very strong, runs stronger and is very stylish and simply put a beautiful car and well worth the 20k I paid for it. If you want a car in this price range there is no competition. You have to see one to beleive it. The 2 door "hatch" feature makes you wounder why we don't see any more cars designed in the same manner! Love this car and would reccomend it to everyone!"

Best car i have owned

By on Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"This is my fourth brand new car, and it has everything i have been looking for, sporty, yet refined and has a very powerful 2.5ltr engine that has alot of power.. the car has a SUPER good stock stereo, no need to change and they come with 8 airbags and 18" alloy wheels that look great as well as a really cool glass roof and opening sunroof in the front! I would buy another in a heartbeat!"

Amazing for the price!

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good power, good sound"

Cons: "Needs more tint on windows."

Day after purchase, now has the factory spoiler option.

"Keep in mind that this car is less than $20,000 (sticker price anyway). It has a great sporty feel, and i believe the six speed manual transmission is geared great for everyday driving. The power comes on strong, as if you want you can spin up through third gear. Factory exhaust has a very nice sporty sound without being loud. Gas mileage is very respectable for my driving conditions (27 in the city/country mix). Seats and interior are comfortable. Heats up quickly in the winter. The factory audio system sounds very good, i just recommend a small sub woofer in the back to achieve tighter bass; the factory speakers are a bit muddy at times. Tinted windows would be a plus, probably a future upgrade. Panoramic sunroof is nice, does make noise in sub-freezing temps. That is to be expected, as the cold metal car body flexes more than the big sheet of glass on top. This isn't something to worry or view as negative in my opinion, its just simple physics. This car was an excellent purchase in my opinion and i couldn't be happier. Like I said, for its price its a very good deal."

Day after purchase, now has the factory spoiler option.

Best vehicle ever!

By on Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pros: "handles well, great price, great stereo"

Cons: "cheap interior, door rattled, had to fix it."

"This car is so much fun to drive. The sound system comes stock with pioneer speakers(no subwoofer unfortunatly). It handles well, doesnt have the most power for a little car with a sports look, but I have been tuning mine and I have to say it has a lot of potential for more horsepower. I would definately recommend this car over its other competitors."

Decent Vehicle for the Money

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The car the first day I got it (Jan 2011)

"I got this car as a college gift because my dad wanted me in a new Toyota or Honda. So out of the two I decided to get this Scion. At first it was cool, looked really aggressive compared to the previous year tc's. Overall, for a 4-cylinder, power wasn't too bad. The 6-Speed manual isn't a bad touch either. The seats are super comfy too. The only problems that I have with this car is that (1) the interior quality is terrible. Within weeks I had scratches all over the door panels and inner panels of my car. (2) The paint quality isn't that great. I got a bunch of scratches on it from washing it my first time. (3) Finally, it doesn't have that get up and go that you would like in a performance vehicle. Overall, it is reliable and get's me from point A to point B. Gas mileage is decent."

The car the first day I got it (Jan 2011)

I loved my Scion tC

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pros: "Has a lil power... handles well... good on gas..."

Cons: "In 4 years paint started to wear away in spots"

My Scion saved my life!!!!

"I used to own a 2006 Scion tC. I put a lil over 100,000 miles on it until some idiot rear ended me on the highway... I lost control, flew up a dirt embankment, rolled 3 times and slid a long ways upside down on the highway before I came to a stop. AND I WALKED AWAY!!! My Scion saved my life. I never had any maintenance issues... All I did was change the oil every 5000 miles... I'm buying another one ASAP!!!"

My Scion saved my life!!!!

fun to drive!!

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "SO fun to drive. Sun roof is ideal since car is sm"

Cons: "mp3 player (not an Apple) didn't trnsmit thru syst"

"low maintenance. Just oil changes and tires. no mechanical issues. Only desire is for speed and a trunk/ hatch cover (for stuff in the trunk.)"