2012 Scion tC

Based on 85 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Best Bang for your $'s 4 $ure

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, features, Sounds + + + + + +"

Cons: "None really 4 this price 4-Sure"

"The Scion tC is a great Touring Coupe for the price & all the features it contains. I love the driver's seating positions and the way the engine & transmission performs. Decent MPG's + the reliability of the Toyota's four cylinder proven engine. Has great torque & performance is above average for this class. It's just not for young adults. I'm in my 70's and enjoy the way this tC handles, performs for it's low purchase price compared to it's competition. A person must drive one to really find out what a great vehicle the Scion tC is on the road. It is the best in it's class to me. I love it. Try one & see for yourself."

No Complaints!

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Reason: End of Lease

"I just traded in my 2011 Scion tC back to the dealership due to my lease ending, and my need to go from a 2-door to a 4-door. If I was still able to keep a 2-door car, I would have bought this car once my lease ended. I had it for 3 years, and I cannot think of a complaint about it. It is fun to drive, had no mechanical issues at all, and was a pleasure to lease. The exterior design is a great upgrade from 2010, especially the 18" wheels. The interior is more spacious than you would originally think too. Plenty of leg room in the front and back seats, and a good amount of cargo space with the seats folded down (fit a +6' Christmas tree multiple years). The USB/iPod connectivity is great (although more common in other vehicles now in 2014), and the Pioneer sound system is excellent. The fuel mileage is as advertised. I got down around 23/24 mpg city in the snow with winter tires on, and as high as 35 mpg on a day trip going mostly highway. The seats are comfortable; not the most comfortable but definitely above average. The interior material seemed a little on the cheap side and the MSRP seemed like it could of been a little cheaper in 2011, but those are the only negatives I can think of. It was overall fun to drive and an extremely reliable car over the 3 years I leased it."

Fantastic car

By on Monday, February 9, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, price, utility, reliable."

"Absolutely love this car. Great engine and transmission, good MPG I usually always get 28 or better in mixed driving. Lots of interior space for small car, including the back seat and trunk. Blast to drive, big 18" 225/45R18 tires give lots of grip and solid ride. Responsive steering, nicely weighted, ride is a good balance between stiff and comfort."

I love this car

By on Sunday, March 27, 2016

Pros: "She makes that monthly pmt. easier to look at."

"I am 58 years old and it makes me feel like a kid again. It is fun to drive and handles every so well. She is a great car to look at and a very fair price. I love the six speed and free two year oil changes. She just had her first oil change after four months. If I had to do it again I wouldn't change a thing, I'd buy it again. I read a lot of reviews when buying or traveling, but I rarely wright one. I love this car."

Fun and peppy!

By on Friday, June 5, 2015

Pros: "Great handling and sound system"

Cons: "I am questioning the durability of the paint"

"Have had this for two months now and love it. I have the 6 speed manual and it is great. You can have fun off the line by turning off the traction "nanny" with the touch of a button. Corners are fun when come from 100+ mph into tight off ramps. Performance really happens in the 4-6000rmp range. Only draw back is that is is a little sluggish in the 2-4000rmp range. Speakers and interior are wonderful with controls on the steering wheel. With bluetooth for my Pandora off my phone I really don't miss passing up the Bespoke Audio. *Only major issue* The paint is not very durable to small pebbles and such. I did not get the optional front applique and wish I had. I have noticed many small chips in the paint where a very small rock was kicked out of a tire. I would recommend getting the applique for the front bumper and hood."