2011 Scion tC

8.4

Based on 81 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

3rd Times a Charm- Saved My Life

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY"

Cons: "Wish there was way to open hatchback from inside."

"I purchased a 2006 used Scion TC in 2008. I LOVED that car. I had no issues out of it at all. It was Silver 5 speed, handled perfectly. In 2011, we were hit with a hail storm that totaled it sitting in the driveway. I was devasted. I ended up purchasing a 2011 Scion TC, Cement 6 speed. I did notice a sound randomly in the dash two times in the 1 year and a half, but did not last long and Toyota noted it in my file. Unfortunately, I recently was in a collision were someone pulled out in front of me. It was a bigger SUV. From the look of my car, I should not have walked out of the accident. I was wearing my seatbelt thankfully and all my airbags deployed as they should. I walked away with minor bumps and bruises. I am now waiting for the total report so that I can purchase my 2013. Yes, the interior is plastic and could be better... but when it comes down to it. I don't care if my car inside is plastic [it is still nice and works great] as long as the outside does its job. It is a fantastic car. Heat and AC are both fantastic. The five star safety rating is well deserved! Love the room."

Holds its value, Sporty and Reliable!

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

Pros: "Price, Highest Residual Value, Features, Design"

Cons: "they dont come in pairs haha"

"I researched cars for 4 months before deciding on the tC. I do my homework. I read every consumer report on every vehicle along with expert reports on many different websites. It comes down to the tC flat out beating the competition...for a better price...that holds its value better than any other vehicle in its class and beyond. I bought the Release 10 series special edition. Mine is number 2187 of 3500. Best decision of my life. Its design exterior/interior is incredible, driver focused, functional and with tons of flare. Everyone tells me my car is sharp and sexy. The tC also adds the uniqueness of the hatchback with tons of storage! making it the ultimate adventure mobile. It is not loud, it drives so smooth. And all cars take about 4-6000 miles to break in and they do even better! I cant imagine this car getting any better. My advice from the undecisive researher I am, GET THIS CAR.oh and the sounds system....IS WICKED! Bass will knock you out of the car, and sound quality is flawless."

fun safe nice-looking car

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "audio, body style, many awesome standard features!"

Cons: "rear view is slightly limited"

Just had a washing

"I just bought a 2013 tc in October 2012. I had it for a few months now and I really enjoy it. It is a really good looking car, audio is good enough you won't need any upgrades. I got the bespoke audio and it really makes the car look more sophisticated. It's quick and smooth ride make it fun to drive. Get the tint and spoiler and fog lights for a more aggressive look in my opinion. I often find myself just taking the tC out for a spin after its all clean and shiny."

Just had a washing

Fun to drive, 6spd is a must ..

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "cool looking , fun to drive, toyoya quality"

Cons: "carpet , plastic inside , road noise ."

"I bought this car in march 2013 . I like the looks of the car , the glass roof of the car adds some cool factor. The car has a cool stance body flares as you move to the back of the car. This car is white and the dark grey wheels go well together . The color of the interior is black and dark grey. The steering wheel in this car is crazy cool ! I has a leather wrapped "Indy" style with bottom of the wheels is flat and its has a wide grip it look and feels great. Also the steering wheel has radio controls place at fingers reach . This car has electronic steering. No power steering pump, its does have a little different feel to it . After a some getting used to it , I like it ! The car handles quite well , there is no body roll under heavy cornering , the stability control and traction controls are cool feature you don't see on 20 thousand dollar car. but with the electric steering cant "feel" as much so be careful you can spin out. 4 wheel disc anti lock brakes work very well the car will stop when and where you want it to. Motor is peppy , fuel economy is not that great , if you drive normal and ease up to speed you can stretch out the fuel economy , but if you don't then you will not get posted miles per gallon that's on the window sticker. A turbo would be nice or a V6 as a option . The inside of the car is a area that needs improvement . The dash has a sports car feel all round gauge cluster , no real gauges all "idiot" lights , needs temp gauge and oil pressure gauge . The sound sys is great 300w pioneer with cd and blue tooth. it does crank , no matter what style of music you listen to . The carpet in this car is cheap floor mats a must , this car needs more insolation lots of road noise. Just turn up the radio . The arm rest is not padded , but that kind of works for me , if it was padded then you will put elbow marks in it or it will crack . no pad no elbow marks or cracks .The back seat does have room for adults to sit or kids . I fold them down , helps keep the sun off of them . I like the styling of the front end of the car the head lights are cool , small compact small turn signal lamps as well , rear of the car I would like smaller round tail lamps , think they are to big . I would also like to dual exhaust . This is a review from a owner not a journalist . If you want a car that not everyone has and it has Toyota quality and good price and its worth every dollar. I say buy , you will not find a better car for the price."

great value for the money

By on Monday, July 09, 2012

Pros: "Sporty, bulletproof reliability, comfy, affordable"

Cons: "Exhaust note, prefer quieter exhaust"

"the tC has very comfortable seating. I like the styling. Yes, there is a lot of plastic inside - but to those who raise this as an issue I have to ask - didn't you notice that before you bought it? If you want soft leather on the dash, you must pay an extra $5,000 or more for another vehicle, duh. So for the price, this is a great value. I have had a Celica in the past, so the hatchback is like old times, very useful. I know Toyota spent a lot of money on the exhaust note, frankly I would prefer quiet vs the note."

best car i've owned in 40 yrs of driving

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "very quick and fun to drive"

Cons: "could use an in-dash 6cd changer ---"

"sporty fun vehicle --- it is without a doubt the best car for the money i've owned --- i have the 2012 tc rs7 with upgraded sound system from oem audio --- the stock sound system was great, but the upgrade is awesome and worth the money.....i constantly get complimented on it..."

very smoooooth delivery of power with my manual tC

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "silky smooth manual transmission, great price"

Cons: "large blind spots"

"Recently bought a manual 2015 tC (trading-in my 280 hp WRX w 200K miles - which yes, was a different type of car, so I say this to give background on my experience). What impresses me most about the tC is the smoothness of the power delivery through a huge range of rpm. And you can get great gas mileage (around 30 mpg) with this car if you want - just drive at low rpm and this car will calmly and coolly be compliant. But this car is far from a dog, as there is always power there for the taking. Not completely slam-you-back in your seat power (like my WRX had at high rpms), but very responsive power that won't leave you feeling lacking unless you are looking for a sports car IMO. Every passenger has been impressed with the smooth ride and quick acceleration of my tC, even my teenage nephews when I startled them by zipping out from a light! All the cars I've owned have been manual, and this is far and away the easiest and smoothest manual I've ever driven. It is almost effortless. I am really enjoying this car so far. Very comfortable seats in the back too, with plenty of leg room for those of ANY size. Really like the sun roof too. Downsides - very poor visibility as you look over either shoulder behind you - large blind spots. I am getting used to being extra careful before switching lanes, etc. Also, don't really like how you get in reverse - as you have to pull up on a ring that is under the main knob on the stick. This is odd, I'd prefer a more typical reverse. Space in hatchback is rather small if not putting seats down (smaller than my WRX had, which surprised me)."

Excellent Sport Coupe

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Accelleration, handling, reliability, fuel mileage"

Cons: "Rear seat has no cup holders."

"My tC is a 2013 model. It has the manual transmission 6-speed. Ride quality is firm, but not abusive. Enough room for 4 adults comfortably. Fuel mileage is 34 hwy, and only regular fuel is required. Accelleration is very strong, about that of a Civic Si. Handling is very secure, with no body lean at all...a true sport coupe. Fit/finish is very good, typical of a Toyota product. The tC comes loaded with everything you could possible want, including dual sun-roofs. Short trips or long trips, this is a comfortable car with supportive seats and plenty of leg room for all. Reliability is top-notch. This car is an excellent value if you are in the market for a sport coupe."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, September 03, 2015

Pros: "Style, Roomy, Price, Fun to Drive"

Cons: "None!"

"I bought my car in December of 2014. I had test drove older model TC's but none were what I was really wanting. The day I test drove my 2015 TC, I drove it throught the parking lot and was sold. It handles SO well. It also feels very well grounded with water on the roads which is a huge plus for me. The seats are very comfortable in the car and the backseat is insanely spacious. My mother-in-law who is 6'1 easily fit back there with plenty of knee room. The dual sun/moon roof is my favorite feature about the car. The exhaust sounds somewhat aftermarket which I love, gives it some sound but isn't overly loud. The wheels also look aftermarket (another huge plus). I think the interior is perfect, it has a touchscreen radio, wrapped leather steering wheel and shifter. There is also a USB port to plug your phone charger in plus a cigarette lighter port for a GPS etc. This car has it all."

Awesome!

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Safe, Reliable, Fun"

Cons: "2010 was cramped."

"My scion also saved my life, it was totaled but I walked away from an accident where I wasnt wearing a seatbelt. I am also buying one again asap."

Fun and Sporty Vehicle

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, sporty, stylish"

Cons: "N/A"

"Bought my TC Special Edition (only 2200 made) in Sept 2012. Love this car. Toyota knows how to make a reliable vehicle that has style and is affordable. 2year maintenance plan covers oil change ( which your first is not until 10,000 miles) and tire rotation. Push start is nice along with navigation and back-up camera option. "High Voltage" color and painted black rims grab attention from people. Interior is good. Seats are comfy even on an 8 hour car trip. Drove the car 3200 miles across the country (Florida to Oregon) with no problems. Smooth ride (for having low profile tires) Handling corners is no problem. Surprising power hides under the hood and passing is a breeze. Eco mode gives you up to 35mpg no problem. Would buy another one."

hot car, really rides well.

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "cost effective"

Cons: "interior is a little cheap"

"excellent car, great handling and durability is good."

Great New Style

By on Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"I picked up my 2011 tC in February. Love its new aggressive styling and spunky 2.5L I-4 (180 HP). Low-slung seats and deep rake windshield make for a comfortable & sporty ride. Way to go, Scion!"

Good sporty car

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "quality and safety features"

Cons: "not enough power"

"Nice car rides nice has given me no problems. The interior could use a face lift use nicer materials. It has good pick up for a 4 cylinder however I think they would sell alot more of these cars if they put a 6 cylinder in them. I would say it needs a larger engine such a sleek head turning sporty looking car but not enough performance to match."

Good performance, good looks

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, steering, acceleration, reliable"

Cons: "Terrible paint quality"

"I purchased my 2014 tC in black back in August. This car is very fun to drive aggressively, or just taking it on a cruise. I had this car for about 8 months now and enjoy driving it everyday. The car is perfect on power for the average person and both transmissions offer great performance. The pioneer system is much better than other companies offer. The interior is very spacious, even for people sitting in the back seat. Nobody can believe how much leg room there is in the back even with the front seats moved back. The seats are comfortable and supportive for longer drives, and they hold you in tight when turning around corners. The only problem I have with the car is the POOR paint quality. My car is black and there are about 5-10 white chips on the hood, and my front bumper's clear coat has about 50 holes in it.I know cars get marked up, but this is just unacceptable for a car that isn't even a year old. I will have to get it repainted when it starts to look worse and get a quality job to avoid this problem in the future."

sometimes fun to drive, very practical, reliable

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "price, good driver, plenty of cargo room, reliable"

Cons: "no rear wiper, no lumbar support"

"good enough power, sure stance, good in long drives (700 miles), with proper tires good in snow, dependable"

I'm too old

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Lease price is excellent, good torque"

Cons: "Too low to the ground, must drive fast"

"There is a reason Scion is marketed to people a lot younger than me. While this car is fun to drive, I'm so glad we just leased it. I do not enjoy falling into it and I hate how low to the ground it is. If I didn't have to drive in Seattle traffic- slow and weather issues, I know I would enjoy this as a daily driver much more. Really, it is torture putzing through traffic when it deserves to be driven fast and furious. Really, I am just too old for this car. I hope the next person to get this one really enjoys it."

Price point champion- Get more for less

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pros: "$$$ v Performance, Fun Handling, Smile Factor, MPG"

Cons: "Head Room, Front View,"

"Review- Plenty of usable power, you really don't need more on the street. Handling is so fun. I drove an FRS and could have bought one. The tC was just more fun. I've read complaints that the car pushes and wondered if the reviewer drove FWDs much. Yes it pushes like most do. This characteristic exists from full throttle down to no throttle and reverses with brake application. It LOVES to trail brake and is SO much fun in that regard. You can quite deftly steer with the brakes into a corner and up to the apex and then steer out with the throttle. Wickedly balanced from my vantage. Doesn't get unsettled at high speed over bumps and the stock brakes hold up well considering they are stock brakes. When pushed really hard you can feel the complaint portion of the suspension and body which isn't unexpected. Body roll is predictable smooth. Weight transfers well. For the average driver you will be more than happy with the handling. If your a performance enthusiast you find a little more street than track day when the g's get into the .8 area. However, that is what makes this car so fun. Feeling the body roll, the weight loading on the outside front, the rear becoming light and slightly / compliantly stepping out, feeling it settle as you release the brake and transfer reward with throttle making the nose drift as the traction light blinks at you indicating maybe your being a little too brave. Needing to "catch" the whip of suspension unload in a tight cambered chicane with a quick lift of the throttle and snap of the steering wheel. SO MUCH FUN. The transmission performs well however wouldn't recommend the hammering the AT trans from the line. As with many 6 speed 1st is just a get you going gear so the differential to 2nd is quite steep. Under full throttle there is some slippage. For most drivers this won't be an issue or noticed. The down shift feature works great for what it is. Between 3k and 4.5k RPM it is very smooth. On either side of that it can be less smooth and for the reason already mentioned I don't ever use manual to down shift into 1st while moving. I do drive almost exclusively in manual mode though. Still if speed isn't your thing, then you will find the ride firm but not rough, cabin little noisy but not intrusive, the engine and trans smooth and functional for your everyday needs. Controls are reasonably placed and easy to navigate without looking at them. Seats are firm and supportive however I'd prefer a little more lateral support. Really I need a 4 point, not the cars fault. The radio has MP3 which is all I really cared about and is one of the better stock systems I've heard. If bass is your thing then it will suffice but you might want to add a sub as the stocker can only do so much. I think the doors are 8". However it is PERFECTLY balance so if you listen to a lot of different types of music and are not trying to break SPL records it performs quite well. The only thing I may do is add some stiffer sway bars and better shock / struts. I don't think this car needs a full coil overs, strut braces, or any of that other stuff. It's left a more than a couple shattered ego's behind where the road isn't straight as it sits now. If you are a drag racer, yeah um, so stay off my streets, keep it on the track and you don't want this car. For the cost of a turbo you can just buy a car with more power. If you are a weekend warrior (track days, cone racing etc..) it needs very little to be very good and is already a blast as it is. If your looking for a good looking reliable car for a great price then it will definitely fill that void if you don't mind the lack of leather seats and a plastic interior. =-) RE Cons: You can not fault a car for is plastic interior or lack of leather seats when that is neither within the market or price point. Simply put you can not get ANY new car with leather seats at this price point and 99% of all car's have plastic interiors now. Take car "FF" starting PP at $18K (2014 price). Once you add options to get a comparable sound system, 17" Wheel (best you can do) the price is becomes $24,680. For that price you get 160 hp. For about 21k with Scion you get 179 hp, MUCH better handling, better looks (IMO),18" wheels, a great sound system, and quality. Cons- I am a tad under 6" and tend to sit up straight when driving. My head almost touches the roof and when I am at a stoplight I have to duck down to see the light. I knew this when I bought it so not really a con I guess, but none the less something to keep in mind if you are thinking of purchasing and is something Scion could have engineered for without altering there objective."

Love my tC

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "Amazing exterior, good power, great sound system"

Cons: "Cheapy plastic used for interior finishings."

"I have had this car for several months now and I am loving it. I don't understand why all the professional reviews list performance as one of its cons -saying it doesnt match the cars sporty looks. So if the car didn't look so good, it would have a better performance rating? C'mon now! This car has more horse power and is faster 0-60 than ANY other car in the price range. It's not a sports car but it is quick and gets decent gas mileage- I get about 27mpg with pretty aggresive acceleration. The exterior looks amazing in my opinion. The sound system is great- better than any other car I test drove and almost as good as the BOSE system I had in my old Mercedes E350. Even though it looks like a coupe it is a hatchback so you can fold forward the back seats for TONS of cargo room. The interior materials are cheap plastic, I wish Scion would have spent another 500-1000 bucks to have some soft touch materials."

Perfect for a fun daily driver

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "Price, Fun to Drive, Easy to Upgrade/Mod, Looks"

Cons: "Hard Plastic Interior, Road Noise"

"The only reason I dont give it 5/5 for comfort is the center armrest. It is too low and made of hard plastic. This is easy to change by ordering a aftermarket padded cover. Quality I gave 4/5 because Toyota had to cut costs on the car with a PANORAMIC roof, a 6 speed trany, and a torqu-ie engine somewhere, and they did it on the materials in the interior. I am not complaining, just trying to give a honest review. Everything else is great, its a blast to drive, its very good looking, its shockingly roomy."

No Complaints!

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Reason: End of Lease

"I just traded in my 2011 Scion tC back to the dealership due to my lease ending, and my need to go from a 2-door to a 4-door. If I was still able to keep a 2-door car, I would have bought this car once my lease ended. I had it for 3 years, and I cannot think of a complaint about it. It is fun to drive, had no mechanical issues at all, and was a pleasure to lease. The exterior design is a great upgrade from 2010, especially the 18" wheels. The interior is more spacious than you would originally think too. Plenty of leg room in the front and back seats, and a good amount of cargo space with the seats folded down (fit a +6' Christmas tree multiple years). The USB/iPod connectivity is great (although more common in other vehicles now in 2014), and the Pioneer sound system is excellent. The fuel mileage is as advertised. I got down around 23/24 mpg city in the snow with winter tires on, and as high as 35 mpg on a day trip going mostly highway. The seats are comfortable; not the most comfortable but definitely above average. The interior material seemed a little on the cheap side and the MSRP seemed like it could of been a little cheaper in 2011, but those are the only negatives I can think of. It was overall fun to drive and an extremely reliable car over the 3 years I leased it."

Great blend of fun and practicality

By on Sunday, October 25, 2015

Pros: "Great price, unique sporty look, roomy and fun"

Cons: "Interior could be more luxurious"

"Let's keep things in perspective, this is a very well priced sports coupe that looks amazing and delivers enough driving fun. The back seat leg room is outstanding and the lift back hatch door not only looks cool but makes the car very capable of carrying large items. The aceleration and power are good enough for most average drivers who are just looking for a little extra driving fun. The TC is definitely more fun and capable than a base Civic or Corolla which would cost you about the same. I have seem 0-60 test videos where the TC has destroyed the FRS so it is definitely fast in a straight line thanks to high engine torque. Driving dynamics are not bad but they can be improved with better tires and a TRD front strut brace. I have to admit one thing Toyota has to improve is the TC's interior quality but given the other extras such as panoramic sun roof and 18 inch alloy wheels I can understand why they went cheap on the interior materials. Nevertheless it does not look terrible inside it just could be a little more luxurious. All in all I believe the TC to be good value, enough driving fun and most importantly very practical."

love it

By on Saturday, May 02, 2015

Pros: "sun roof, fun to drive, good on gas, comfortable,"

Cons: "no automatic lights"

"I bought the car brand new back in August--love at first sight! I was a little cautious about it only having the 4cyl engine (my last vehicle was a v6), but don't let the engine size fool you-it will get up and go! It's a very smooth riding and spacious car...YES, I said spacious! I love the panorama roof-might be my favorite thing about the car. I was thinking of upgrading the standard audio system before I actually purchased the car, but the standard system works great-very good quality music. I love that the tC is a hatchback, so trunk space is not an issue like a regular car. It gets good gas, steering wheel audio controls are amazing, and just overall perfect! I'm very happy with it!"

Best Bang for your $'s 4 $ure

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, features, Sounds + + + + + +"

Cons: "None really 4 this price 4-Sure"

"The Scion tC is a great Touring Coupe for the price & all the features it contains. I love the driver's seating positions and the way the engine & transmission performs. Decent MPG's + the reliability of the Toyota's four cylinder proven engine. Has great torque & performance is above average for this class. It's just not for young adults. I'm in my 70's and enjoy the way this tC handles, performs for it's low purchase price compared to it's competition. A person must drive one to really find out what a great vehicle the Scion tC is on the road. It is the best in it's class to me. I love it. Try one & see for yourself."

No Complaints!