2011 Scion tC

Based on 86 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

I'm too old

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Lease price is excellent, good torque"

Cons: "Too low to the ground, must drive fast"

"There is a reason Scion is marketed to people a lot younger than me. While this car is fun to drive, I'm so glad we just leased it. I do not enjoy falling into it and I hate how low to the ground it is. If I didn't have to drive in Seattle traffic- slow and weather issues, I know I would enjoy this as a daily driver much more. Really, it is torture putzing through traffic when it deserves to be driven fast and furious. Really, I am just too old for this car. I hope the next person to get this one really enjoys it."

Great young drivers car

By on Friday, May 20, 2016

Pros: "the stereo is unlike an car of its caliber"

Cons: "sun roof is not the best quality."

"The car is a great car for a young driver. Great in the city, car is very agile and quick of the start. The coupe hatchback is an unbelievable feature, makes it very easy to move and store things. Over all great car, highly recommend it for an young driver. Not the best MPG."

Love my tC

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "Amazing exterior, good power, great sound system"

Cons: "Cheapy plastic used for interior finishings."

"I have had this car for several months now and I am loving it. I don't understand why all the professional reviews list performance as one of its cons -saying it doesnt match the cars sporty looks. So if the car didn't look so good, it would have a better performance rating? C'mon now! This car has more horse power and is faster 0-60 than ANY other car in the price range. It's not a sports car but it is quick and gets decent gas mileage- I get about 27mpg with pretty aggresive acceleration. The exterior looks amazing in my opinion. The sound system is great- better than any other car I test drove and almost as good as the BOSE system I had in my old Mercedes E350. Even though it looks like a coupe it is a hatchback so you can fold forward the back seats for TONS of cargo room. The interior materials are cheap plastic, I wish Scion would have spent another 500-1000 bucks to have some soft touch materials."

Perfect for a fun daily driver

By on Friday, October 7, 2011

Pros: "Price, Fun to Drive, Easy to Upgrade/Mod, Looks"

Cons: "Hard Plastic Interior, Road Noise"

"The only reason I dont give it 5/5 for comfort is the center armrest. It is too low and made of hard plastic. This is easy to change by ordering a aftermarket padded cover. Quality I gave 4/5 because Toyota had to cut costs on the car with a PANORAMIC roof, a 6 speed trany, and a torqu-ie engine somewhere, and they did it on the materials in the interior. I am not complaining, just trying to give a honest review. Everything else is great, its a blast to drive, its very good looking, its shockingly roomy."

No Complaints!

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Reason: End of Lease

"I just traded in my 2011 Scion tC back to the dealership due to my lease ending, and my need to go from a 2-door to a 4-door. If I was still able to keep a 2-door car, I would have bought this car once my lease ended. I had it for 3 years, and I cannot think of a complaint about it. It is fun to drive, had no mechanical issues at all, and was a pleasure to lease. The exterior design is a great upgrade from 2010, especially the 18" wheels. The interior is more spacious than you would originally think too. Plenty of leg room in the front and back seats, and a good amount of cargo space with the seats folded down (fit a +6' Christmas tree multiple years). The USB/iPod connectivity is great (although more common in other vehicles now in 2014), and the Pioneer sound system is excellent. The fuel mileage is as advertised. I got down around 23/24 mpg city in the snow with winter tires on, and as high as 35 mpg on a day trip going mostly highway. The seats are comfortable; not the most comfortable but definitely above average. The interior material seemed a little on the cheap side and the MSRP seemed like it could of been a little cheaper in 2011, but those are the only negatives I can think of. It was overall fun to drive and an extremely reliable car over the 3 years I leased it."