2009 Scion tC

Based on 675 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Best car ever!

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"I'm not the typical Tc driver since I am a 32 year old, married female, but here I am- and I LOVE this car. It's the best car I've ever owned, most people can't believe it's already 4 years old since it handles like new, has no rattles and squeaks that come with used cars, and looks so sharp. It's super functional, whether I'm hauling the groceries, picking up family at the airport, or hauling my 3 large dogs around- this car never ceases to get comments "Wow- there IS a lot of room in there!" I once put a 7 foot Christmas tree, still boxed, in the car- with the hatch down, and 2 adults with ease. Show me another small hatch that can do that- with the Toyota reliability to back it up. Awesome- I hope I never have to give this car up- that will be a sad day indeed."

happy with car

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"I have been happy for what I got for the money. It offers a lot of features for the price you pay. The only thing I have hated about the car is cost of parts. It seems like everything I looked at needing to replace what at least twice the cost of other vehicles. For example, I had a crack in the windshield and it usually would have been around $500 to replace but on the tC the glass is cut very wierd (it slopes down on the passenger side) and the cost to replace was over $1000. I have learned to live with a cracked windshield. My friend bottomed my car out and the price to fix the plastic clips securing the bumper were way to pricey so I learned to live with the bumper sticking out (no one but me notices it though) There are numerous issues like these. I will admit that I am rough on cars so I do not place any fault on Toyota for these but I believe when they make cars they really need to think of replacement parts. I again think this is a great car for the money just hate that everything is so expensive if you need to replace or repait anything."

70,000 miles

By on Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"2005 scion. so far 70,000 miles and no p;roblems at all. I wasted money on getting the extended warranty because I have only had to do oil changes and wiper blades on this thing."

Good But Pretty Average

By on Friday, January 2, 2009

"I bought this car used in 2006 but it was pretty new (only one year old) and low mileage. It had barely been touched. Mechanically, Ive had absolutely no problems with it. It's held up well. Also, it drives really well- good acceleration. Pretty good mileage. I think the only problem I have with it is it's interior quality. The black interior requires a lot of maintenance. Also, the sterio area scratches easily and isn't the best quality. Overall, I would say this car is good and is worth the money but I wouldn't call it excellent."

Great All-In-One Car!

By on Sunday, September 21, 2008

"Bought mine last year, new, and love it. You can customize it to your likes, with tons of aftermarket and factory parts available. It already comes with great features and lots for luxury. Very reliable engine, have 26K miles on it so far, and runs the same as when I bought it."

Great car for 17k

By on Monday, September 15, 2008

"I bought my 2008 TC new in August 08. There are many good things about this car: A feature-packed car for the cost. iPod control is good, but not while driving. VVT-i engine is powerful and smooth. Fairly quiet for a sporty car. Rear-seat passengers get decent legroom. Looks great. But a couple of issues to know going in: The subwoofer ouput can't be reduced very far without fading out the front speakers. The hatchback divider will gouge the thin fabric of the C-pillar if removed too many times. Mileage in the mid-20s is low for a car this small. Silver painted console pieces scratch easily."

I wouldn't sell this car for the world!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"It took me two months of research to finally get to this vehicle as a Best Buy. I compared it with the Mazda 3 and the Honda Civic 2006 models at that time (2005). You definitely get more than what you pay for comparing it to those other vehicles. The Pure Price System is great because it leaves no room for negotiation; everybody gets a great price. I've taken this car all over the US and I've even driven it in NY winter snow! Its a great car, cheap to maintain and cheap to insure. If you are looking for a car within the $15k-$20k range, look no further!"

By on Friday, July 6, 2007

"This was my first new vehicle purchase and I have not been happier. I've never had a car that was as much fun and had as much value as this car. Very little maintainence is needed other than the regular oil changes. Fun car to drive and lots of safety."

A fun car to own and drive!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great reliability, great look, fun."

Cons: "Rear latch for hatch not firmly attached."

"I bought this car after reading reviews and it seemed that others who bought it loved it. I tried it for a day and loved it myself. Very reliable, sporty, spacious for car its size, and a very good investment. No maintenance issues at all. Rarely wants oil. A good drive. Rear latch to open hatchback is not designed well and tends to break with extended use (cost me $50 to have dealership fix) but no other problems."

I love my car

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Cons: "Only plastic piece on the lift gate-breaks easy"

"I bought the 7 year warranty - but I should have saved my money - this car hasn't needed anything but tires in 7 years! I love to drive it and with the seats down - is better than any station wagon - you wouldn't believe what I have transported in this - a full sized 4 drawer file cabinet - just for starters. When I moved - I got 12 boxes on one layer."