2009 Scion tC

Based on 657 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

I have gotten older, it is harder to get in/out.

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

"Car was used as second vehicle in household, but it has become hard to get in and out of at this time. It only has 8000 miles and runs great with the large 4 cyl.and auto trans."

Hate to lose it :(

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "No major issues or expenses since 2007!"

"The only, ONLY reason I need to trade in this car is because it's a stick shift and the amount of hill driving I'll be doing for my new job would turn into a nightmare. I purchased this car for my husband, then took it as my own 5 years later when I traded in my other care for his new SUV. I was ECSTATIC to get this car as a hand me down and for it to become my daily driver. It is the first car I owned past making payments and I'm going to miss it something terribly. Maybe I'll sell it to my brother instead of trading it in for something else, he drove it once and fell it love with it. He's a mechanic, so I'd guess that's a standing ovation. There are very few downsides to this car and I'm sure they all just come from age, most of them. 1) The back panel cover for the hatch release came loose and occasionally I have to stick it back in place. 2) After years of heavy use I need to trigger the hatch release twice before the hatch door can be opened. This happened before the paneling became loose and likely caused it by me pulling up on the hatch door before it's latch was fully released. 3) Pulling up the emergency brake can he heard though the stereo, it causes feedback through the speakers. Only when it's actually being engaged/disengaged, not the whole time it's on. I've only noticed it when I have the stereo on AUX input. The AUX jack is inside the center console behind the eBrake so I'm guessing that over time a barrier between the two has become flabby. 4) The center console light has malfunctioned and turns off when I turn on my headlights. The dealership said this was a common glitch and offered to fix it (for a price). The car was out of warranty when this happened and it wasn't worth spending what it would cost to replace."

Great First Car!!!

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Great price, Fun to drive, Roomy."

Cons: "Front wheel drive, semi weak engine (165hp)"

Still for sale :)

"Highly recommend this car if it is going to be a first car. I have a 2007 5 Speed and these cars are perfect to customize to your own taste. These cars look great with any rim and body kits look great. Because they are so common it is easy to get a great price and they hold value very well."

Still for sale :)

May Never Sell

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Maintenance Free, Fun, Sporty"

Cons: "Minor Rattles"

"This car has been a great car, purchased it brand new back in 2004 and its still runs like the day I drove it off the lot. Minus a couple squeaks and rattles (normal for 10 yr old vehicle) this is a diehard, reliable vehicle. Starts every day and has NEVER had any type of mechanical issue. Put the right tires on and this beast will blaze through snow covered roads! Hearing about issues other car owners go through with their cars, I consider myself lucky to own a vehicle like this. Because of that, I may never sell it."

great car to drive, not so great in an accident

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "awesome to drive"

Cons: "safety not so great"

"LOVED driving this car but was recently in a minor accident with it and the body didn't hold up very well. Will definitely miss that car."