2009 Scion tC

Based on 660 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Excellent car overall

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable, comfortable ride and sporty."

Cons: "Key fob buttons wear out pre maturely."

"Most dependable car I have ever owned. I ordered the car with the optional automatic trans, 18" wheels, lip spoiler and the subwoofer sound system.. Power windows, power locks, power moonroof (the whole roof is glass) and many other features are standard. When I picked up my brand new 2006 Scion tC, it had 1 mile on the odometer. Now I have close to 121,000 miles on it and it has never failed. All I did was change the oil every 5,000 miles and the rest was normal maintenance. I plan to put another 80,000 miles on this car because it is that good.The Scion tC is comfortable and handles well and accelerates very well making it a great all-around car."

been an amazing car

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "great price to feature ratio, fun to drive"

"zero major repairs - only general maintenance has had to be performed."

Love this car

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "strong fun car"

Cons: "needs mp3 connector for radio"

"No problems what so ever. take care of it and it will take care of you."

I have gotten older, it is harder to get in/out.

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

"Car was used as second vehicle in household, but it has become hard to get in and out of at this time. It only has 8000 miles and runs great with the large 4 cyl.and auto trans."

Hate to lose it :(

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "No major issues or expenses since 2007!"

"The only, ONLY reason I need to trade in this car is because it's a stick shift and the amount of hill driving I'll be doing for my new job would turn into a nightmare. I purchased this car for my husband, then took it as my own 5 years later when I traded in my other care for his new SUV. I was ECSTATIC to get this car as a hand me down and for it to become my daily driver. It is the first car I owned past making payments and I'm going to miss it something terribly. Maybe I'll sell it to my brother instead of trading it in for something else, he drove it once and fell it love with it. He's a mechanic, so I'd guess that's a standing ovation. There are very few downsides to this car and I'm sure they all just come from age, most of them. 1) The back panel cover for the hatch release came loose and occasionally I have to stick it back in place. 2) After years of heavy use I need to trigger the hatch release twice before the hatch door can be opened. This happened before the paneling became loose and likely caused it by me pulling up on the hatch door before it's latch was fully released. 3) Pulling up the emergency brake can he heard though the stereo, it causes feedback through the speakers. Only when it's actually being engaged/disengaged, not the whole time it's on. I've only noticed it when I have the stereo on AUX input. The AUX jack is inside the center console behind the eBrake so I'm guessing that over time a barrier between the two has become flabby. 4) The center console light has malfunctioned and turns off when I turn on my headlights. The dealership said this was a common glitch and offered to fix it (for a price). The car was out of warranty when this happened and it wasn't worth spending what it would cost to replace."