2009 Scion tC

Based on 670 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

great, sleek, dependable car

By on Monday, April 02, 2007

"This is my first new vehicle and I love this car. Besides the sleek style (I get a lot of compliments), this winter was rough in Chicago and this car handles the snow great!! I would definitely buy this car again."

Best car I ever owned

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "price, fun to drive, safety, low cost of ownership"

Cons: "road noise"

"After owning the Saturn, Jetta and Saab, I finally found the most reliable and maintenance free car I ever owned. For a little hatchback has surprisingly a lot of cargo room. Decent pickup for the low-power engine but you'd never know it. Seats are incredibly comfortable even the rear seats. All seats cradle you like a race car driver. All I ever I had to do between 65k miles and 126k miles was basic brake maintenance and oil changes. Some minor rattles you can feel the road at high speeds but that's what's expected from stiff suspension. Safety is amazing and airbags are quick and surprisingly soft. Easy to walk away from without a scratch when you need to...I'll miss you :)"

great value

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, small coupe but spacious, unique"

Cons: "cloth seats"

"this is my second scion tc. the first one I had was a 2006 and I got into an accident on the highway in which the car was totalled. However, I survived the accident after hitting a guardrail at 70 m.p.h. without the airbags deployed (there was a recall on the airbags that year) and walked away without a scratch. The car is extremely reliable as long as you take care of it, just like any other car."

I LOVE this car

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, cute, good get up and go."

Cons: "my sun roof is sometimes a little touchy?"

"I have had my Scion from the very beginning and loved every minute of it! Mine has been super relaible, fun to drive and I still get compliments at gas stations (and keep in mind this is the original model before all the fancy new stuff). 5 seatbelts made it great for hauling groups of friends (longer road trips were taller people in the backseat are a bit more challenging) around town in college and the hatch can fit tons (dressers, t.v.'s)when time to move. Also great engine that pics up speed off the line (so says my couple of speeding tickets). This car has gotten me from age 20-age 28 and we are a still great pair!"

Best Car I have owned to date.

By on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Pros: "Solid feel, panoramic sunroof, audio system, clean maintenance record"

Cons: "for the 2007 model, side and curtain airbags were not standard."

"Honestly, this car is everything it should be... and then some. Since I was 16 to now 21 I have owned 6 cars and this one has been by far the best one I have ever owned. Not only are the looks simply amazing but the moment you step inside you will appreciate the detail that went into the entire car. The interior is wonderfully designed, very easy touch controls for the a/c unit and the fact that I can control my iPhone from the deck is awesome. My particular model has fog lights and custom LED tail lights that were bought at the dealership from day one. The panoramic sunroof is by far my favorite feature for this car. It really brings to life the sporty and elegant feel when your driving along the road. The engine is super quiet and powerful enough to get the job done. With the windows up and the sunroof closed, road noise is at a minimum. I have not heard one complaint from owners of this car. A very solid feel and built quietly. Scion/Toyota really hit the nail with the hammer on this one. I still get looks in my Tc and its 4 years old. I plan on keeping this car for a while as it is everything i have been looking for in a car and more. I would definitely recommend it to everyone as it not only captures the eyes of the young people but older generations as well. I hope this review finds you well, have fun with your TC's everyone! =]"