2008 Scion tC

Based on 654 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Cons: "Only plastic piece on the lift gate-breaks easy"

"I bought the 7 year warranty - but I should have saved my money - this car hasn't needed anything but tires in 7 years! I love to drive it and with the seats down - is better than any station wagon - you wouldn't believe what I have transported in this - a full sized 4 drawer file cabinet - just for starters. When I moved - I got 12 boxes on one layer."

Cons: "Only plastic piece on the lift gate-breaks easy"

Bought both my teenage girls a TC

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

"Bought my 17 year old a 2005 with 60k miles on it for Christmas. 2 years later buying my other daughter a 2006 with 80k miles. Both my girls LOVE these cars. I would highly recommend the TC? (It's also fun to drive for us Moms)."

Great car for young drivers

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "looks, stereo, features, sunroof, fun to drive"

Cons: "minor issues, road noise, horsepower"

"This is my first car and I absolutely love it. Mine is a 2005 scion tc release series 1.0 and it is a gorgeous car. The interior is also quite nice and I love the seats and the features. This car is definitely not a race car/sports car, but I didn't get it for that reason. I just wanted a reliable car that's somewhat fun to drive to get me through high school and college and this car is perfect. 5 spd manual is great. I had some problems with the hatch and it wouldn't stay open so we had to replace some parts but that's a minor issue. I would definitely recommend this car."

I love this car so much!

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, RELIABLE, would buy again"

Cons: "mpg is so so, kinda small backseat"

"I have owned this car since I bought it used with 30K miles. I LOVE this car, it now has almost 200,000 miles and has never once left me stranded or broken down on the side of the road. Before owning this car I drove a big pickup but had to give it up because of gas prices. I loved it from the start. When I first bought it, if you stepped on the gas it would literally make your head head the headrest. I love the sunroof. I have made many long journeys in this car and it has been a great, reliable car. The brakes are a bit finicky BUT if you stick to genuine Toyota parts or OEM standard parts you will be OK. This car definitely does not like cheap replacement parts, haha. Even now with 195k miles, I cam still pass newer cars going up a mountain with no problem. Drives like a dream on the freeway and it so much fun to drive, even in traffic. This car is an excellent example of Toyota's legendary reliability!"

luv it

By on Monday, August 05, 2013

Pros: "cute fast and dependable"

Cons: "no room to take suitcases"

"I have never had a problem it stops on a dime you can go around turns so easy it runs fast and smooth it is a very safe car with lots of little things inside for conveniance love the radio I love every thing about it .no room for a large purse"

Love - Hate relationship

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

"I had friends who owned Toyotas and swear by them. This was my first. Like the looks, handling and reliability. Beyond that this car has been a serious disappointment. Road noise has been nearly unbearable despite changing tires several times. Driving in the rain, you can actually hear the spray hitting the rear inner fenders. The interior trim has squeeked, rattled or completely fallen off. Especially trim around rear hatch glass. The reclining rear seats are a great idea for anyone over five feet in height and rear leg room is awesome. The Flint mica paint is beautiful in the sun light but I swear rain drops will chip it. The engine really runs great, as long as you don't turn on the A/C. God bless Toyota for hiring engineers who know the benefits of using a timing chain and not a rubber band. Hello Mitsubishi, are you listening? The high end Pioneer stereo and Bazooka subwoofer was the best option I had on it. Just ask my 16 year old son. I paid 175.00 for the fog light option but when one lamp needs to be replaced due to a broken lens, Toyota wants 191.00 for a single lamp!! The manual transmission has a great gear ratio and the short throw shifter won't give you tennis elbow. Only irritation from the squeaky linkage. The TRD exhaust has a great "boy racer" sound when spinning the four bang into the upper rpm's. This car has some really good point and some really bad points. Unfortunately, the bad ones far out number the good and this will be my first and last Toyota."

The engine , the style, mileage is good ...

By on Sunday, June 09, 2013

"It's like a snap on model car, it has had several annoying things go wrong , the sunroof sticks , the latch on the trunk broke off, the molding on the rear window has come off , window went off track, cruise control has a short,And to top it all off it won't pass California SMOG,It has 3 cats @700$+ apiece It;s a cute car, drives great, I bought it in May 06 picked it up on 6-6-06, I believe it came w/ gremlins ............."

Great car

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Everything is great"

Cons: "Glass roof"

"This is a great over all car I have owned mine for a little over 2 months the only thing I hate about it is that it gets really hot on the inside my friend was telling me that he had a thermometer on the inside of his car it was 90 degrees outside and it melted the thermometer on the inside at 140 degrees"