2008 Scion tC

Based on 665 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

I love this car so much!

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

"I bought my 2006 scion tc 2 1/2 years ago. I get the oil changed on time and she just keeps chugging along! I have not had ONE issue with this car. This car is reliable, comfortable and definitely fun to drive. The exterior isn't as strong as it could be(dents easily, mirror broke off just by hitting a picket fence at 4 MPH) but it's worth how reliable everything else is."

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive/ Great price with options"

Cons: "Fuel system may be a flaw on this one."

"Just bought my 2008 TC with 45k! She runs great. A little issue with the fuel cap making the check engine light come on. I hear this problem is common for the 08'. Hoping she is going to be great little car. I'll keep everyone posted!"

I LOVE ALL ABOUT THIS CAR

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

"THIS CAR IS OUTSTANDING CAR FOR ME, I LOVE ALL ABOUT TC SCION!"

Wish I test drove a few more.

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "Awesome Sound, Good Design, great interior space"

Cons: "Blind Spots merging on highways, deep bucket seats"

"I bought a 2006 Scion, it is compact and has a lot of interior space, but the driving force of the car is the quality of sound it provides for music. I found this car most enjoyable when listening to music, sun roof open, windows down on my way to where ever.... however there are a lot of blind spots in the 2006 TC and when on the highway merging can be difficult if your a shorter person and skip over the basics. On that note I am 5'10 and my to rest my elbow out the window I actually need to lift my arm, so if you plan on driving this car and your shorter then 5'10 I suggest bring some phone books with you. Awesome side detail is that if you pull the back seat and passenger side seat I am able to fit my 10ft kayak in the car, all I do is use some rope to tie down the trunk to pinch it in. I would image the later versions of this car being fine tuned, and in that case I wish I waited to see how the TC turned out. After this ride I am going back to a truck."

Scion tc 2006

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "Lots of space for the size car"

Cons: "Gas. Old be better"

"I like this car. Made a few upgrades intake muffler and lowered it. Handles we'll and got take off."

Best car I ever owned

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "price, fun to drive, safety, low cost of ownership"

Cons: "road noise"

"After owning the Saturn, Jetta and Saab, I finally found the most reliable and maintenance free car I ever owned. For a little hatchback has surprisingly a lot of cargo room. Decent pickup for the low-power engine but you'd never know it. Seats are incredibly comfortable even the rear seats. All seats cradle you like a race car driver. All I ever I had to do between 65k miles and 126k miles was basic brake maintenance and oil changes. Some minor rattles you can feel the road at high speeds but that's what's expected from stiff suspension. Safety is amazing and airbags are quick and surprisingly soft. Easy to walk away from without a scratch when you need to...I'll miss you :)"

Cons: "Only plastic piece on the lift gate-breaks easy"

"I bought the 7 year warranty - but I should have saved my money - this car hasn't needed anything but tires in 7 years! I love to drive it and with the seats down - is better than any station wagon - you wouldn't believe what I have transported in this - a full sized 4 drawer file cabinet - just for starters. When I moved - I got 12 boxes on one layer."

Cons: "Only plastic piece on the lift gate-breaks easy"

Bought both my teenage girls a TC

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

"Bought my 17 year old a 2005 with 60k miles on it for Christmas. 2 years later buying my other daughter a 2006 with 80k miles. Both my girls LOVE these cars. I would highly recommend the TC? (It's also fun to drive for us Moms)."

Great car for young drivers

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "looks, stereo, features, sunroof, fun to drive"

Cons: "minor issues, road noise, horsepower"

"This is my first car and I absolutely love it. Mine is a 2005 scion tc release series 1.0 and it is a gorgeous car. The interior is also quite nice and I love the seats and the features. This car is definitely not a race car/sports car, but I didn't get it for that reason. I just wanted a reliable car that's somewhat fun to drive to get me through high school and college and this car is perfect. 5 spd manual is great. I had some problems with the hatch and it wouldn't stay open so we had to replace some parts but that's a minor issue. I would definitely recommend this car."

I love this car so much!

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, RELIABLE, would buy again"

Cons: "mpg is so so, kinda small backseat"

"I have owned this car since I bought it used with 30K miles. I LOVE this car, it now has almost 200,000 miles and has never once left me stranded or broken down on the side of the road. Before owning this car I drove a big pickup but had to give it up because of gas prices. I loved it from the start. When I first bought it, if you stepped on the gas it would literally make your head head the headrest. I love the sunroof. I have made many long journeys in this car and it has been a great, reliable car. The brakes are a bit finicky BUT if you stick to genuine Toyota parts or OEM standard parts you will be OK. This car definitely does not like cheap replacement parts, haha. Even now with 195k miles, I cam still pass newer cars going up a mountain with no problem. Drives like a dream on the freeway and it so much fun to drive, even in traffic. This car is an excellent example of Toyota's legendary reliability!"

luv it

By on Monday, August 05, 2013

Pros: "cute fast and dependable"

Cons: "no room to take suitcases"

"I have never had a problem it stops on a dime you can go around turns so easy it runs fast and smooth it is a very safe car with lots of little things inside for conveniance love the radio I love every thing about it .no room for a large purse"

Love - Hate relationship

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

"I had friends who owned Toyotas and swear by them. This was my first. Like the looks, handling and reliability. Beyond that this car has been a serious disappointment. Road noise has been nearly unbearable despite changing tires several times. Driving in the rain, you can actually hear the spray hitting the rear inner fenders. The interior trim has squeeked, rattled or completely fallen off. Especially trim around rear hatch glass. The reclining rear seats are a great idea for anyone over five feet in height and rear leg room is awesome. The Flint mica paint is beautiful in the sun light but I swear rain drops will chip it. The engine really runs great, as long as you don't turn on the A/C. God bless Toyota for hiring engineers who know the benefits of using a timing chain and not a rubber band. Hello Mitsubishi, are you listening? The high end Pioneer stereo and Bazooka subwoofer was the best option I had on it. Just ask my 16 year old son. I paid 175.00 for the fog light option but when one lamp needs to be replaced due to a broken lens, Toyota wants 191.00 for a single lamp!! The manual transmission has a great gear ratio and the short throw shifter won't give you tennis elbow. Only irritation from the squeaky linkage. The TRD exhaust has a great "boy racer" sound when spinning the four bang into the upper rpm's. This car has some really good point and some really bad points. Unfortunately, the bad ones far out number the good and this will be my first and last Toyota."

The engine , the style, mileage is good ...

By on Sunday, June 09, 2013

"It's like a snap on model car, it has had several annoying things go wrong , the sunroof sticks , the latch on the trunk broke off, the molding on the rear window has come off , window went off track, cruise control has a short,And to top it all off it won't pass California SMOG,It has 3 cats @700$+ apiece It;s a cute car, drives great, I bought it in May 06 picked it up on 6-6-06, I believe it came w/ gremlins ............."

Great car

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Everything is great"

Cons: "Glass roof"

"This is a great over all car I have owned mine for a little over 2 months the only thing I hate about it is that it gets really hot on the inside my friend was telling me that he had a thermometer on the inside of his car it was 90 degrees outside and it melted the thermometer on the inside at 140 degrees"

I consider my car as one of my best friends!

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, customizeability, fun"

Cons: "tires are always needing replacing"

"I bought my TC with 11 miles on it in September of 2005 and now (03/28/2013) I have 186,000 miles on it and have not once taken it to the shop for any repairs other than replacing tires. Mind you, I am not that good with being on time with maintenance, even once pushing 5,000 miles OVER the 5,000 miles for oil change mark. I absolutely love my car and will buy newer models from now on. Til this day, I keep getting compliments from strangers for my car. :)"

So happy with this vehicle! LOVE IT!

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "fun car, good gas milage, super cute!"

Cons: "loud when driving on freeway."

"This was the first car I bought on my own 2 years ago after owning a 2001 jeep grand cherokee laredo and its perfect. Today actually I got into my first accident (wasnt my fault) I was rear ended and my back bumper was the only thing that was affected where the guy who hit me owned a kia and his car was totaled. Good gas milage, awesome sunroof and moonroof combo, good stereo system, and surprisingly a lot of space inside for such a small car. The only things that I would say kinda stink is on long car trips the seats can be a tad uncomfortable, and its absolutely impossible to talk on the phone and drive because its so loud when on the highway. Nothing too bad just little stuff. Anyways like I said its perfect to me, couldnt have asked for a better vehicle."

Better then my Ford Focus

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Love the pickup, Coupe is amazing, Fun to drive."

Cons: "Not enough cup holders, Tire pressure light"

"My husband bought me a 2005 used tC after I totaled my 2001 Ford Focus. When I got it, the car had 79,000 miles on it. took me awhile to get used to the touchiness of the gas petal. Had very few issues. The tire pressure gets confused after a tire rotation if the shop doesn't reset the computer correctly. My airbag light keeps coming on after the inner plastic wheel wells got messed up in my driveway. Had to get used to the blind spots since I am used to a 4 door car. And when it is really cold outside, the ignition gets sticky. Absolutely love cruise control! But I fully trust it to drive me from MD to FL to see my husband!"

Great car

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "great car good mp good reliabilty"

Cons: "backseat, noise, head room"

"My wife and i bought this car when it was 2 years old. It had 30 thousand miles on it then and since we have put 100 thousand on it. Car still runs great doesnt use oil, love the sportiness with the fuel mileage, which is about 31 hwy. I have a big truck so my wife drives it since i drive over 100 miles a day to work and she drives 20. We both love this car. Do wish it had more head room. I am 6 flat and I have problems getting in but once I am in plenty of room. More insulation in the rear underneath the cargo area would be great too since the toyota racing exhaust does get loud inside the cabin. The back seat is great but hard to get into and hard to put a car seat in"

Love my Scion TC

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "no compass"

"No complaints. Have been very impressed with its starting especially with the 10-degree weather we've been having lately. Of course a new battery does help. All in all, I love my baby!"

great value

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, small coupe but spacious, unique"

Cons: "cloth seats"

"this is my second scion tc. the first one I had was a 2006 and I got into an accident on the highway in which the car was totalled. However, I survived the accident after hitting a guardrail at 70 m.p.h. without the airbags deployed (there was a recall on the airbags that year) and walked away without a scratch. The car is extremely reliable as long as you take care of it, just like any other car."

I LOVE this car

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, cute, good get up and go."

Cons: "my sun roof is sometimes a little touchy?"

"I have had my Scion from the very beginning and loved every minute of it! Mine has been super relaible, fun to drive and I still get compliments at gas stations (and keep in mind this is the original model before all the fancy new stuff). 5 seatbelts made it great for hauling groups of friends (longer road trips were taller people in the backseat are a bit more challenging) around town in college and the hatch can fit tons (dressers, t.v.'s)when time to move. Also great engine that pics up speed off the line (so says my couple of speeding tickets). This car has gotten me from age 20-age 28 and we are a still great pair!"

Nice daily driver

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "reliability, sporty for an affordable price."

Cons: "very few"

"Very nice daily driver, very reliable. Stops on a dime. Driving experience is enjoyable. Good for a small family. Entertainment center is well designed. Handling is sporty."

Reliable, economical and SAFE

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"I bought this car for my daughter for her high school graduation in June 2012. It was a very reliable car and handled very well. We received a phone call last weekend from the California Hwy Patrol that our daughter was in a bad car wreck, she was fine but the car was totaled. She was going through the mountains at night on her way back to college after Thanksgiving break and while she was going through a tight turn a lifted truck coming towards her had their high beams on and it blinded her. When she was able to see the road again she was heading right into a guard rail (other side was a cliff ) she slammed on her breaks, hit black ice in which the back end of her car spun her 90 degrees sending her across the road and head on into the side of the mountain. The Hwy Patrolman told us that God, her seat belt and the fact that the car did what it was designed to do is what saved her life. He told us that he has been at a few wrecks that Scion TC's were involved in and every one of them came out that the driver suffered little to moderate injuries but the cars were totaled. My daughter only had bruises on her hip bones from the seat. We are so very thankful and in fact are currently looking for another TC."