2008 Scion tC

Based on 672 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

70,000 miles

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"2005 scion. so far 70,000 miles and no p;roblems at all. I wasted money on getting the extended warranty because I have only had to do oil changes and wiper blades on this thing."

Good But Pretty Average

By on Friday, January 02, 2009

"I bought this car used in 2006 but it was pretty new (only one year old) and low mileage. It had barely been touched. Mechanically, Ive had absolutely no problems with it. It's held up well. Also, it drives really well- good acceleration. Pretty good mileage. I think the only problem I have with it is it's interior quality. The black interior requires a lot of maintenance. Also, the sterio area scratches easily and isn't the best quality. Overall, I would say this car is good and is worth the money but I wouldn't call it excellent."

Great All-In-One Car!

By on Sunday, September 21, 2008

"Bought mine last year, new, and love it. You can customize it to your likes, with tons of aftermarket and factory parts available. It already comes with great features and lots for luxury. Very reliable engine, have 26K miles on it so far, and runs the same as when I bought it."

Great car for 17k

By on Monday, September 15, 2008

"I bought my 2008 TC new in August 08. There are many good things about this car: A feature-packed car for the cost. iPod control is good, but not while driving. VVT-i engine is powerful and smooth. Fairly quiet for a sporty car. Rear-seat passengers get decent legroom. Looks great. But a couple of issues to know going in: The subwoofer ouput can't be reduced very far without fading out the front speakers. The hatchback divider will gouge the thin fabric of the C-pillar if removed too many times. Mileage in the mid-20s is low for a car this small. Silver painted console pieces scratch easily."

I wouldn't sell this car for the world!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"It took me two months of research to finally get to this vehicle as a Best Buy. I compared it with the Mazda 3 and the Honda Civic 2006 models at that time (2005). You definitely get more than what you pay for comparing it to those other vehicles. The Pure Price System is great because it leaves no room for negotiation; everybody gets a great price. I've taken this car all over the US and I've even driven it in NY winter snow! Its a great car, cheap to maintain and cheap to insure. If you are looking for a car within the $15k-$20k range, look no further!"

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"This was my first new vehicle purchase and I have not been happier. I've never had a car that was as much fun and had as much value as this car. Very little maintainence is needed other than the regular oil changes. Fun car to drive and lots of safety."

A fun car to own and drive!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great reliability, great look, fun."

Cons: "Rear latch for hatch not firmly attached."

"I bought this car after reading reviews and it seemed that others who bought it loved it. I tried it for a day and loved it myself. Very reliable, sporty, spacious for car its size, and a very good investment. No maintenance issues at all. Rarely wants oil. A good drive. Rear latch to open hatchback is not designed well and tends to break with extended use (cost me $50 to have dealership fix) but no other problems."

I love my car

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Cons: "Only plastic piece on the lift gate-breaks easy"

"I bought the 7 year warranty - but I should have saved my money - this car hasn't needed anything but tires in 7 years! I love to drive it and with the seats down - is better than any station wagon - you wouldn't believe what I have transported in this - a full sized 4 drawer file cabinet - just for starters. When I moved - I got 12 boxes on one layer."

Great car for young drivers

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "looks, stereo, features, sunroof, fun to drive"

Cons: "minor issues, road noise, horsepower"

"This is my first car and I absolutely love it. Mine is a 2005 scion tc release series 1.0 and it is a gorgeous car. The interior is also quite nice and I love the seats and the features. This car is definitely not a race car/sports car, but I didn't get it for that reason. I just wanted a reliable car that's somewhat fun to drive to get me through high school and college and this car is perfect. 5 spd manual is great. I had some problems with the hatch and it wouldn't stay open so we had to replace some parts but that's a minor issue. I would definitely recommend this car."

Love my Scion TC

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "no compass"

"No complaints. Have been very impressed with its starting especially with the 10-degree weather we've been having lately. Of course a new battery does help. All in all, I love my baby!"

Scion Tc great value for the price!

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage"

Cons: "low headroom back seat"

"I have had my Scion Tc for 4.5 years. I have had a great experience with the car. Extremely reliable. Very little maintenance. The only consistent complaint I had was from passengers who said the headroom in the back seat is too low for someone who is tall sitting in the back. Additionally, it is the same in the front passengers seat. If you are 5"11 or taller, it is best to actually sit in the front and back to check your comfort level. The only feature I don't care for on the car is the electric lock that is build into the part that sits above the spot for the license plate. It is VERY easy to push on that button and while lifting up after it unlocks, you can easily break the pins that keep it in and it will come out, making your hatchback very hard to open. Not a fan of the design of this feature. But after 5 years, it has only come off 2x...so I guess that is not bad. On the plus side, my car gets amazing gas mileage. I can drive about 380 miles on a tank of gas if taking a long trip, which of course is great gas mileage. It is less if you are zipping around the city, but still it is definitely not a gas guzzler. Overall, I would definitely buy a Scion Tc again and would recommend it to anyone."

amazingly reliable and fun to drive

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

"Very reliable and sporty to drive. The only con is the low ride lets you feel every bump on the road."

No Regrets... Love this Car!!!!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Looks, Gas Mileage, Reliability... etc"

Cons: "I don't have any."

"I love this Car. I ordered it online and it was exactly what I wanted when I got it. I have been driving it for 7 years and have not had any problems with it. It is very reliable and efficient. I still get 27mpg average."

ok vehicle

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "fast, cool, appealing"

Cons: "small"

"i bought this car off the showroom floor and its looked amazing and cool. i've driving it some good distances and its not a car that i want to be in for long trips or stuck in traffic very uncomfortable and small. its fast especially the 5 speed and it turns heads and can be accessorized well. def not a family car."

A must have car

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "dependable"

"I love my Scion Tc. It is very reliable. I haven't had any major problems with it. As long as I keep the basic maintenance up i.e. oil charge, tune up, change air filter, it will run for a long time. I have 149000 miles on my car and it still runs wonderful."

Great car!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "great price and fun to drive!"

Cons: "uncomfortable seats"

"I bought this car new in April of 2007. It has been a wonderful car. I have a sunroof, spoil and hook-up for my ipod. I know that other reviews said they didn't have this feature--it depends on the specific features of each car. I would recommend this car to anyone that is single. It has been very reliable car and I drive a lot with my job. It has a lot of storage space and the interior is very nice for the price of the car. My interior was much better than my mom's 2007 toyota rav 4. My only complaint would be the seats, since they are not that comfortable."

It runs great with no problems

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"I bought this car in 2009, i have no problems with it, i only have it changed oil, and replacing my first new tired at 30k miles. I will tell my friends and family to look for another Tc too."

LOVE IT! Best car ever!

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "Great price for what you get, extremely reliable, comfortable, looks great!"

"I purchased this vehicle in 2006. This car has been extremely reliable to me. I have never had any proplems with the engine or anything mechanical going bad. During the really cold months, when there was ice on the car (very unusual for florida), I went to open my trunk and I broke the handle. Luckily, I had the extended warranty and I was able to get the part and have it fixed for free. Other than my odd hercules moment, nothing has ever been wrong with this vehicle. It moves great, it's a quick, little car, it's very comfortable (I drive 6.5 hour trips sometimes), I love how the steering wheel is sport-like meaning, you don't have to move it much to make the car move and it has a pretty good sound system. I got the upgraded 17' rhims which I love and it just looks like a suped up car without having to put all of this extra money into it. It has two awesome moon roofs (one opens, one doesn't) which gives you great views. I have never been happier with a car!"

Responsive, reliable

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "affordable, reliable, fun to drive"

"I've had this for car for 115,000miles and I've never had to do anything more than oil change"

manual trans

By on Wednesday, December 01, 2010

"I have 2006 tc n im replacing clutch 2nd time once at 32k n now at 68k ????"

Release Series 5.0

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"I absolutely LOVE my Release Series 5.0. My only gripe is that the center caps on the rims (red TRD symbol) began to fade noticeably thoughout the first 6 months. Possibly from salt and cold weather exposure from a short visit to my parents in Kentcuky. I live in florida. one more thing, the dash got a wrinkled spot in it, I believe it was from extreme heat exposure in the hot humid Florida climate, but upon return to the dealership, Toyota gladly, and with no charge, replaced both of the items. Other than that, it runs amazing. It is the most comfortable car that I've been in, and that says a lot for the long drives that I occasionally take to KY. The RS 5.0 has a beautiful color scheme and interior really sets it apart from all other Scion's.. My car is the envy of all my friends and I can't wait to get back from Iraq and relax in my ride."

Best Entry Level New Car

By on Monday, June 28, 2010

"I bought my tc in the fall of 2004 and now in 2010 and 130k later it still runs like a champ! I installed the turbonetics turbo kit around 55k and it never uses any oil. (Running synethic) But with the turbo kit, a good set of tires and a coilover suspension i've been about to take cars of twice the price in terms of handeling and performance."

Love my 2009 Scion tC

By on Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I have owned my little Scion tC for almost two years. It has everything I wanted in a car and I feel like a million dollars driving it. It's zippy, has great steering and control and looks sleak and also slightly feisty. Never had any mechanical problems or failures. I would recommend this car to anyone. Matter of fact, my daughter loves my Scion almost as much as I do and, if she could, would get one for herself. Back seat is plenty roomy enough for people and I have no troubles climbing in and out of the back seat area either when I put the baby in and out of the baby's car seat. Plenty of room in hatchback area for tons of groceries, shopping bags or luggage. All in all, extremely happy and satisfied with my Scion. If you're thinking about buying one, go for it. You won't be disappointed!! :)"

Simply Amazing

By on Thursday, October 15, 2009

"Okay people here's my 2 cents. It has STANDARD front and back disc brakes with ABS. The motor is actually a 4 Cylinder Camry motor from Toyota. The speaker system is awesome for stock speakers. Great suspension, Great Turning Radius, Nice Huge Moon Roof. Great on gas. Usually 300+ miles to a 13 or 14 gallon tank. Great Power. Just an over all awesome car. One of the things I liked about it is you have to release the gas can from inside the car. For all you people worried about past gf and bfs putting sugar in your tank or something... problem solved. You guys cant find a better car on the market. If i had to search for something about it I didn't like.... i guess maybe the orange gauges? other than that it would take too long to find anything else. Get one of these cars guys and gals... its truly a non-regrettable investment."

Great ride, Great price

By on Thursday, August 06, 2009

"Had the car for 70,000 miles now. Bought in Nov 2005. Never had a problem with it. After-market leather seats from dealer are like factory. Engine runs great (Camry engine, I think). Paint in great shape. Goes through tires about every 35k miles (normal). 5-speed never misses. Replaced headlights once. Live in South Fla near ocean, never have a problem with corrosion from salt or fading from sun. My next car will be more luxurious, but for $16k, it's the best deal I ever got, and it's still worth $10k private sale. By my math, that's less than $2k a year in cost (about $150/month)"