2008 Scion tC

Based on 652 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

I have gotten older, it is harder to get in/out.

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

"Car was used as second vehicle in household, but it has become hard to get in and out of at this time. It only has 8000 miles and runs great with the large 4 cyl.and auto trans."

Hate to lose it :(

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "No major issues or expenses since 2007!"

"The only, ONLY reason I need to trade in this car is because it's a stick shift and the amount of hill driving I'll be doing for my new job would turn into a nightmare. I purchased this car for my husband, then took it as my own 5 years later when I traded in my other care for his new SUV. I was ECSTATIC to get this car as a hand me down and for it to become my daily driver. It is the first car I owned past making payments and I'm going to miss it something terribly. Maybe I'll sell it to my brother instead of trading it in for something else, he drove it once and fell it love with it. He's a mechanic, so I'd guess that's a standing ovation. There are very few downsides to this car and I'm sure they all just come from age, most of them. 1) The back panel cover for the hatch release came loose and occasionally I have to stick it back in place. 2) After years of heavy use I need to trigger the hatch release twice before the hatch door can be opened. This happened before the paneling became loose and likely caused it by me pulling up on the hatch door before it's latch was fully released. 3) Pulling up the emergency brake can he heard though the stereo, it causes feedback through the speakers. Only when it's actually being engaged/disengaged, not the whole time it's on. I've only noticed it when I have the stereo on AUX input. The AUX jack is inside the center console behind the eBrake so I'm guessing that over time a barrier between the two has become flabby. 4) The center console light has malfunctioned and turns off when I turn on my headlights. The dealership said this was a common glitch and offered to fix it (for a price). The car was out of warranty when this happened and it wasn't worth spending what it would cost to replace."

Great First Car!!!

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Great price, Fun to drive, Roomy."

Cons: "Front wheel drive, semi weak engine (165hp)"

Still for sale :)

"Highly recommend this car if it is going to be a first car. I have a 2007 5 Speed and these cars are perfect to customize to your own taste. These cars look great with any rim and body kits look great. Because they are so common it is easy to get a great price and they hold value very well."

Still for sale :)

May Never Sell

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Maintenance Free, Fun, Sporty"

Cons: "Minor Rattles"

"This car has been a great car, purchased it brand new back in 2004 and its still runs like the day I drove it off the lot. Minus a couple squeaks and rattles (normal for 10 yr old vehicle) this is a diehard, reliable vehicle. Starts every day and has NEVER had any type of mechanical issue. Put the right tires on and this beast will blaze through snow covered roads! Hearing about issues other car owners go through with their cars, I consider myself lucky to own a vehicle like this. Because of that, I may never sell it."

great car to drive, not so great in an accident

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "awesome to drive"

Cons: "safety not so great"

"LOVED driving this car but was recently in a minor accident with it and the body didn't hold up very well. Will definitely miss that car."

Very reliable fun daily driver

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, easy to work on, very reliable"

Cons: "rattles, rattles rattles."

"I have owned this vehicle the last 55,000 miles and love it! The only thing outside of routine maintenance I have had to do is replace the waterpump. That costed me $60 dollars and an hour or two in the garage with a friend. Other than that this vehicle has been dead reliable and runs great all the time every time. Never had an issue starting, never had any sensors go bad, nothing. The interior isn't the best. It tends to shake and rattle, but after a few weeks driving you don't really notice it. This car is great for someone who likes to do custom work to it. I put in a subwoofer and sound system in my tc and it took me no time at all to put it in. They designed this car with simplicity in mind. All the panels come off easy, all parts that need to be accessed for maintenance are easy to get to. Working on it is simple as can be. The rear seat is really roomy too if you put down the back seats. I can fit my 125 pitbike (kids dirtbike) back there no problem. One last thing to mention is that the fuel mileage (MPG's) that the car is rated for it not true. The car gets much better gas mileage than what it says on here. I drive pretty quick and average 27mpgs for most tanks. I have gotten up to 32mpgs out of a tank fully loaded down on the interstate."

Great car. Especially the 5 speed.

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Great value, well built-solid feel, made in Japan."

Cons: "Visability. You need to check your blind spots."

"Fun to drive and with the standard features feels like a more expensive car than it is. Very solid feeling platform with good handling and pick up. Sounds aggressive as the rpms increase."

awesome car easy to modify

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "performance, modifications"

Cons: "n/a"

"daily driver very good on gas decent performance drives smooth extremely reliable."

315,000 and still running strong.

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Great car for a great price."

"Before I bought the tC I checked out the Civic, Focus, Neon, Cobalt, Sentra, and a few others. I ended up liking the standard options of the tC as well as the looks the best. I bought this car with 1 mile on it and other than being in two accidents this car hasn't had any issues. When it comes time to get a new car, it will be another Scion tC."

A fun car to own and drive!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great reliability, great look, fun."

Cons: "Rear latch for hatch not firmly attached."

"I bought this car after reading reviews and it seemed that others who bought it loved it. I tried it for a day and loved it myself. Very reliable, sporty, spacious for car its size, and a very good investment. No maintenance issues at all. Rarely wants oil. A good drive. Rear latch to open hatchback is not designed well and tends to break with extended use (cost me $50 to have dealership fix) but no other problems."