2007 Scion tC

Based on 653 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

luv it

By on Monday, August 05, 2013

Pros: "cute fast and dependable"

Cons: "no room to take suitcases"

"I have never had a problem it stops on a dime you can go around turns so easy it runs fast and smooth it is a very safe car with lots of little things inside for conveniance love the radio I love every thing about it .no room for a large purse"

Love - Hate relationship

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

"I had friends who owned Toyotas and swear by them. This was my first. Like the looks, handling and reliability. Beyond that this car has been a serious disappointment. Road noise has been nearly unbearable despite changing tires several times. Driving in the rain, you can actually hear the spray hitting the rear inner fenders. The interior trim has squeeked, rattled or completely fallen off. Especially trim around rear hatch glass. The reclining rear seats are a great idea for anyone over five feet in height and rear leg room is awesome. The Flint mica paint is beautiful in the sun light but I swear rain drops will chip it. The engine really runs great, as long as you don't turn on the A/C. God bless Toyota for hiring engineers who know the benefits of using a timing chain and not a rubber band. Hello Mitsubishi, are you listening? The high end Pioneer stereo and Bazooka subwoofer was the best option I had on it. Just ask my 16 year old son. I paid 175.00 for the fog light option but when one lamp needs to be replaced due to a broken lens, Toyota wants 191.00 for a single lamp!! The manual transmission has a great gear ratio and the short throw shifter won't give you tennis elbow. Only irritation from the squeaky linkage. The TRD exhaust has a great "boy racer" sound when spinning the four bang into the upper rpm's. This car has some really good point and some really bad points. Unfortunately, the bad ones far out number the good and this will be my first and last Toyota."

The engine , the style, mileage is good ...

By on Sunday, June 09, 2013

"It's like a snap on model car, it has had several annoying things go wrong , the sunroof sticks , the latch on the trunk broke off, the molding on the rear window has come off , window went off track, cruise control has a short,And to top it all off it won't pass California SMOG,It has 3 cats @700$+ apiece It;s a cute car, drives great, I bought it in May 06 picked it up on 6-6-06, I believe it came w/ gremlins ............."

Great car

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Everything is great"

Cons: "Glass roof"

"This is a great over all car I have owned mine for a little over 2 months the only thing I hate about it is that it gets really hot on the inside my friend was telling me that he had a thermometer on the inside of his car it was 90 degrees outside and it melted the thermometer on the inside at 140 degrees"

I consider my car as one of my best friends!

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, customizeability, fun"

Cons: "tires are always needing replacing"

"I bought my TC with 11 miles on it in September of 2005 and now (03/28/2013) I have 186,000 miles on it and have not once taken it to the shop for any repairs other than replacing tires. Mind you, I am not that good with being on time with maintenance, even once pushing 5,000 miles OVER the 5,000 miles for oil change mark. I absolutely love my car and will buy newer models from now on. Til this day, I keep getting compliments from strangers for my car. :)"

So happy with this vehicle! LOVE IT!

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "fun car, good gas milage, super cute!"

Cons: "loud when driving on freeway."

"This was the first car I bought on my own 2 years ago after owning a 2001 jeep grand cherokee laredo and its perfect. Today actually I got into my first accident (wasnt my fault) I was rear ended and my back bumper was the only thing that was affected where the guy who hit me owned a kia and his car was totaled. Good gas milage, awesome sunroof and moonroof combo, good stereo system, and surprisingly a lot of space inside for such a small car. The only things that I would say kinda stink is on long car trips the seats can be a tad uncomfortable, and its absolutely impossible to talk on the phone and drive because its so loud when on the highway. Nothing too bad just little stuff. Anyways like I said its perfect to me, couldnt have asked for a better vehicle."

Better then my Ford Focus

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Love the pickup, Coupe is amazing, Fun to drive."

Cons: "Not enough cup holders, Tire pressure light"

"My husband bought me a 2005 used tC after I totaled my 2001 Ford Focus. When I got it, the car had 79,000 miles on it. took me awhile to get used to the touchiness of the gas petal. Had very few issues. The tire pressure gets confused after a tire rotation if the shop doesn't reset the computer correctly. My airbag light keeps coming on after the inner plastic wheel wells got messed up in my driveway. Had to get used to the blind spots since I am used to a 4 door car. And when it is really cold outside, the ignition gets sticky. Absolutely love cruise control! But I fully trust it to drive me from MD to FL to see my husband!"

Great car

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "great car good mp good reliabilty"

Cons: "backseat, noise, head room"

"My wife and i bought this car when it was 2 years old. It had 30 thousand miles on it then and since we have put 100 thousand on it. Car still runs great doesnt use oil, love the sportiness with the fuel mileage, which is about 31 hwy. I have a big truck so my wife drives it since i drive over 100 miles a day to work and she drives 20. We both love this car. Do wish it had more head room. I am 6 flat and I have problems getting in but once I am in plenty of room. More insulation in the rear underneath the cargo area would be great too since the toyota racing exhaust does get loud inside the cabin. The back seat is great but hard to get into and hard to put a car seat in"

Love my Scion TC

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "no compass"

"No complaints. Have been very impressed with its starting especially with the 10-degree weather we've been having lately. Of course a new battery does help. All in all, I love my baby!"

great value

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, small coupe but spacious, unique"

Cons: "cloth seats"

"this is my second scion tc. the first one I had was a 2006 and I got into an accident on the highway in which the car was totalled. However, I survived the accident after hitting a guardrail at 70 m.p.h. without the airbags deployed (there was a recall on the airbags that year) and walked away without a scratch. The car is extremely reliable as long as you take care of it, just like any other car."

I LOVE this car

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, cute, good get up and go."

Cons: "my sun roof is sometimes a little touchy?"

"I have had my Scion from the very beginning and loved every minute of it! Mine has been super relaible, fun to drive and I still get compliments at gas stations (and keep in mind this is the original model before all the fancy new stuff). 5 seatbelts made it great for hauling groups of friends (longer road trips were taller people in the backseat are a bit more challenging) around town in college and the hatch can fit tons (dressers, t.v.'s)when time to move. Also great engine that pics up speed off the line (so says my couple of speeding tickets). This car has gotten me from age 20-age 28 and we are a still great pair!"

Nice daily driver

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "reliability, sporty for an affordable price."

Cons: "very few"

"Very nice daily driver, very reliable. Stops on a dime. Driving experience is enjoyable. Good for a small family. Entertainment center is well designed. Handling is sporty."

Reliable, economical and SAFE

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"I bought this car for my daughter for her high school graduation in June 2012. It was a very reliable car and handled very well. We received a phone call last weekend from the California Hwy Patrol that our daughter was in a bad car wreck, she was fine but the car was totaled. She was going through the mountains at night on her way back to college after Thanksgiving break and while she was going through a tight turn a lifted truck coming towards her had their high beams on and it blinded her. When she was able to see the road again she was heading right into a guard rail (other side was a cliff ) she slammed on her breaks, hit black ice in which the back end of her car spun her 90 degrees sending her across the road and head on into the side of the mountain. The Hwy Patrolman told us that God, her seat belt and the fact that the car did what it was designed to do is what saved her life. He told us that he has been at a few wrecks that Scion TC's were involved in and every one of them came out that the driver suffered little to moderate injuries but the cars were totaled. My daughter only had bruises on her hip bones from the seat. We are so very thankful and in fact are currently looking for another TC."

Perfect Car!!

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pros: "Great car for money."

"I love this car!!! I'm 6'6, and I fit perfectly and extremely comfortable in this car surprisingly. Runs smooth, quick and zippy. Great features, love the radio cover, easy maintenance, very customizable for cheap. Back seats are extremely comfortable as well. Just very little. Overall perfect car. Shakes a little bit when at lights, but nothing bad at all."

Scion Tc great value for the price!

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage"

Cons: "low headroom back seat"

"I have had my Scion Tc for 4.5 years. I have had a great experience with the car. Extremely reliable. Very little maintenance. The only consistent complaint I had was from passengers who said the headroom in the back seat is too low for someone who is tall sitting in the back. Additionally, it is the same in the front passengers seat. If you are 5"11 or taller, it is best to actually sit in the front and back to check your comfort level. The only feature I don't care for on the car is the electric lock that is build into the part that sits above the spot for the license plate. It is VERY easy to push on that button and while lifting up after it unlocks, you can easily break the pins that keep it in and it will come out, making your hatchback very hard to open. Not a fan of the design of this feature. But after 5 years, it has only come off 2x...so I guess that is not bad. On the plus side, my car gets amazing gas mileage. I can drive about 380 miles on a tank of gas if taking a long trip, which of course is great gas mileage. It is less if you are zipping around the city, but still it is definitely not a gas guzzler. Overall, I would definitely buy a Scion Tc again and would recommend it to anyone."

Electrical issues

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Nothing inside works properly"

"Mechanically the car is fine, it's a Toyota . That's where it ends. Radio magically goes off a station periodically, sun roof sometimes sticks, seats don't always want to move. AND, it has a plastic piece under the front end. If you pull up to a curb, it trashes it. I replaced it the first time and then decided to just let it be torn up. I dislike this car and am trading it in for the much better RAV4,"

Great vehicle overall!!!!

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

"I bought this car with only 6 miles on it which were my original test drive miles. This is an excellent car overall. I have had some issues with the gas cap stripping so I have had to replace it (Cost about $20). Also where the trunk pops open in the back where the license plate is that has broken off because it was cold and I guess I was a little rough when opening it? I dont know when looking at the piece it was only held on with a few PLASTIC clips so that part is flimsy. The car drives great no problems gets up to speed really well, is very quiet at times I almost think I stalled it or something because its so quiet. This car is nice and spacious. The back seats recline so someone tall will not hit there head on the celing. I love the standard double sunroof. It has stock 17inch rims which are great for looks but suck when it comes to tire wear. They are low profile Z rated tires so you only get about a year out of a tire which stinks and the tires run anywhere from $90 to $200 a tire and then about $10 to $15 bucks more to mount and balance each tire. I love the look of this car it is very sharp and people are always asking me "what kinda car is this" because it hasnt been on the market that long and scion is fairly a newer brand so I just say its made by Toyota. This car is really a great car, it cost about $21000 after tags and taxes and adding a few things on such as a rear spoiler, BRAND NEW I think thats an excellent investment. It has every thing fully loaded stock such as power windows, locks and mirrors, tilt stearing wheel, a pioneer head unit/cd player with mp3 and satilite capabilities. The speakers and sound are really great it sounds like a aftermarket system when it bumps to the base. The gas caps has an automatic popper so no one can pull open your gas tank. It doesnt however have a trunk popper in the car or on the key you have to always manually open the trunk, which is probably why that thing has broken from all the pulling on it when opening the trunk. Also it come standard with a security system and all these air bags for safety so its not much to insure the car. Over all this car is great for everyone, it comes fully loaded right off the lot and is really great for its price. I havent had any issues at all with this car besides the gas cap and trunk handle area like I mentioned before. So if your interested in this car you should definately go for it you wont we dissapointed. Oh and if your afraid it may be too small go check it out because the inside is VERY spacious and if you have children it is very easy to get a carseat in and out with no problems. Not much trunk space though but the back seats fold down so that makes up for it, I literally have moved 2 times with this car and have packed it to the max and it truely is amazing how much stuff fits inside with the seats down. Good luck on your car shopping I hope this has helped you along your travels."

amazingly reliable and fun to drive

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

"Very reliable and sporty to drive. The only con is the low ride lets you feel every bump on the road."

More comfortable seats then a Camry.

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "Reasonable economy, winter perf."

Cons: "Only 27 mpg., 18" wheels fragile."

"2door Camry-like car. stiffer suspension. Changing to steel wheels makes it a better daily driver. Wife does not like the 2-door entry ease."

What an amazing car!

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun sport coupe, sun roof"

Cons: "Nothing at all!"

"This car has been through harsh winters and hot summers from Chicago all the way to the East Coast to the Plains. It has been a great car with amazing mileage. It costs less to maintain as well."

Fun little car, could use some improvements

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, Versitile, Panoramic roof"

Cons: "Low MPG for a 4 cyc, Not good for winter, Rattles"

"Bought new back in 2007, mainly due to it's looks and handling. The car can take corners like a high end sports car. Ride isn't very smooth with the sports tuned suspension with sports tires. Being a 5 year car, it already starts to have some issues. A loud clunking sound when going up the driveway and sometimes taking a full turn slowly. Rattles also developed in the interior front center and rear somewhere. A little disappointed with it's factory equipped 4 speed automatic that is choppy. I wished it had a 5 speed automatic that is smoother and produce better mpg. I have been getting 25 mpg pretty consistently on mainly highway driving. The plastic interior tends to scratch easily as well. Besides the sports handling, this car does offer versatility. I have been able to transport large items with it's folded down back seats. Some of the items I have transported with this car: 75 gallon fish tank, stand of the fish tank separately, 6 foot tall bookshelf from Ikea in box, treadmill with the trunk opened, gas grill in box. The back seats can also be reclined for added comfort. Not the best car to be driven in Minnesota winter either. With it's low stance and sports set up, it is definitely a challenged to go over snow banks. Also, the heat and AC seems to take awhile to take on full effect."

I LOVE my car!!!

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "great price, cute, easy to drive, small"

Cons: "sometimes it can be too small for taller passenger"

"I absolutely love this car! I bought it when I was in high school and now I have it in college! It is small so I would recommend it for smaller girls or guys! it drives great and I have never had any problems with it!! Its so reliable! I hope to keep this car for a very long time!"

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Monday, June 18, 2012

Pros: "Great value overall."

Cons: "A little loud because of the sun/moon roof"

"I bought this car during the summer of 2005, it was a 2006 model. I commute everyday to work on it, approximately 80 miles total. I have put approximately 178,000 miles and have not had a major problem with it. The main work that it has needed has been the normal oil changes, replace tires several times, replaced the shocks, water pump, wheel alignment, door locks motor and engine gaskets. Besides that, I havent had any issues (knock on wood). I recommend this car to everyone who is looking for value. I have the manual transmission and enjoy driving it. It can be a little noisy but it is because of the sun roof and moon roof."

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CAR!!!

By on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive! Sporty!"

My car(:

"Got this car for a graduation present after driving a 1993 mitsubishi mirage! Wouldn't trade if for anything! Perfect car for me!"

My car(:

What a great car!

By on Monday, April 09, 2012

Pros: "Resale value, panoramic sunroof, quality, safe"

Cons: "Could use more horse power"

"I ended up buying the TC for my very first car only because my brother had one and I really liked the hatch aspect and the over look of the car. I'm so glad I have made that choice. This car is such a joy to drive and for the price you just can't beat it. It has been very good to me. I ended up replacing the stock head unit with a newer navigation blu-tooth system and I'm glad I did. It makes me love my car that much more. Maintenance wise, there is not much to it. Just change your oil and make sure you check all the fluids from time to time. The ride is smooth, the engine is for the most part quiet and even though I think it could use some more horse power, it does the job nicely. Although this car has been nothing but a joy to own, I'm keeping my eye out for the scion FRS. If it is made with the same detail as the TC's the FRS will be such a beautiful car. Either way the TC still has a great look to it and the resale value is very good. Plus its a toyota, it will last through all your adventures with you. :) Hope this finds you well, have fun with your TC's everyone!"

See if you qualify for