• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2007 Scion tC

Based on 657 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Overall a great choice for the price

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "Looks, runs, drives, feels, and performs great"

Cons: "Quality could be better"

"I bought this car March 2014 with 57,000 miles. Now with 65,000, I feel it's time to write a review. Overall I love this car. You get the reliability of a toyota but you get the style of the scion. Comfort is amazing with the seats, great support, the blind spots aren't bad, stock stereo is good. I have the flint mica color and it shines great! However no car is perfect and this one isn't either. My biggest complaint: the wheels. No, I don't mean the look and style. I think we can all agree these wheels look awesome but the quality is terrible. I live in mass and potholes are a part of life here (sigh) and I've bent TWO WHEELS in the past 6 months.. Mind you, its not even winter yet... So I decided to pick up a set of 4 stock wheels and tires for $200 and that basically solved that problem! The other issue is it's a cheap tc. What this means is the interior may look cool, but it's cheap. Plastic everywhere. Bad quality wheels. Remember this is an 18k car new so you can't complain because you signed up for this. So do i like this car? No. I love it. It's extremely reliable aside the wheels, gets 28 mpg all day long mixed driving, looks mint, drives even better, and people with 150k al say they replace a clutch at most. I'm looking foreward to at least 2 more years with this car, and maybe more if it lets me. Hope this helps"

I like this car, very reliable.

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Great on gas,fun to drive,kind of fast car,spaciou"

Cons: "Front wheel drive"

"Somewhat fast. I've had problems with it probably because it's a salvage car but nothing with the engine. Engine is still running strong. I've only had problems with the stabilizer bar and the shocks. Other than that. Awesome car."

Excellent car overall

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable, comfortable ride and sporty."

Cons: "Key fob buttons wear out pre maturely."

"Most dependable car I have ever owned. I ordered the car with the optional automatic trans, 18" wheels, lip spoiler and the subwoofer sound system.. Power windows, power locks, power moonroof (the whole roof is glass) and many other features are standard. When I picked up my brand new 2006 Scion tC, it had 1 mile on the odometer. Now I have close to 121,000 miles on it and it has never failed. All I did was change the oil every 5,000 miles and the rest was normal maintenance. I plan to put another 80,000 miles on this car because it is that good.The Scion tC is comfortable and handles well and accelerates very well making it a great all-around car."

been an amazing car

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "great price to feature ratio, fun to drive"

"zero major repairs - only general maintenance has had to be performed."

Love this car

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "strong fun car"

Cons: "needs mp3 connector for radio"

"No problems what so ever. take care of it and it will take care of you."

I have gotten older, it is harder to get in/out.

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

"Car was used as second vehicle in household, but it has become hard to get in and out of at this time. It only has 8000 miles and runs great with the large 4 cyl.and auto trans."

Hate to lose it :(

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "No major issues or expenses since 2007!"

"The only, ONLY reason I need to trade in this car is because it's a stick shift and the amount of hill driving I'll be doing for my new job would turn into a nightmare. I purchased this car for my husband, then took it as my own 5 years later when I traded in my other care for his new SUV. I was ECSTATIC to get this car as a hand me down and for it to become my daily driver. It is the first car I owned past making payments and I'm going to miss it something terribly. Maybe I'll sell it to my brother instead of trading it in for something else, he drove it once and fell it love with it. He's a mechanic, so I'd guess that's a standing ovation. There are very few downsides to this car and I'm sure they all just come from age, most of them. 1) The back panel cover for the hatch release came loose and occasionally I have to stick it back in place. 2) After years of heavy use I need to trigger the hatch release twice before the hatch door can be opened. This happened before the paneling became loose and likely caused it by me pulling up on the hatch door before it's latch was fully released. 3) Pulling up the emergency brake can he heard though the stereo, it causes feedback through the speakers. Only when it's actually being engaged/disengaged, not the whole time it's on. I've only noticed it when I have the stereo on AUX input. The AUX jack is inside the center console behind the eBrake so I'm guessing that over time a barrier between the two has become flabby. 4) The center console light has malfunctioned and turns off when I turn on my headlights. The dealership said this was a common glitch and offered to fix it (for a price). The car was out of warranty when this happened and it wasn't worth spending what it would cost to replace."

Great First Car!!!

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Great price, Fun to drive, Roomy."

Cons: "Front wheel drive, semi weak engine (165hp)"

Still for sale :)

"Highly recommend this car if it is going to be a first car. I have a 2007 5 Speed and these cars are perfect to customize to your own taste. These cars look great with any rim and body kits look great. Because they are so common it is easy to get a great price and they hold value very well."

Still for sale :)

May Never Sell

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Maintenance Free, Fun, Sporty"

Cons: "Minor Rattles"

"This car has been a great car, purchased it brand new back in 2004 and its still runs like the day I drove it off the lot. Minus a couple squeaks and rattles (normal for 10 yr old vehicle) this is a diehard, reliable vehicle. Starts every day and has NEVER had any type of mechanical issue. Put the right tires on and this beast will blaze through snow covered roads! Hearing about issues other car owners go through with their cars, I consider myself lucky to own a vehicle like this. Because of that, I may never sell it."

great car to drive, not so great in an accident

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "awesome to drive"

Cons: "safety not so great"

"LOVED driving this car but was recently in a minor accident with it and the body didn't hold up very well. Will definitely miss that car."