2006 Scion tC

Based on 671 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Great car for anyone!

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, gas mileage, interior, sporty looks"

Cons: "No AUX port, slightly noisy engine"

"I'm a college kid, so I probably fit into the target market for this car, but I can see this being the perfect car for anyone. It has a Camry engine, so it's reliable. It has TONS of cargo space when you fold down the rear seats, with the ability to haul large, somewhat tall items. I usually get about 30 MPG highway and 24/25 city, which is higher than the estimates of 27/20, which I was delighted to find. The interior is well finished, especially for a car in this price range. Reliability, nicely-trimmed interior, good gas mileage, sporty looks... What more can you really ask of a car? Complaints? Well the only thing I can say is I was surprised to find that it didn't have an AUX port for MP3 players to connect to the stereo (that feature arrived in the 2006 models). Also, the car is geared for high RPM, presumably to give it a sporty feel, but the high engine revs can get somewhat annoying in stop-and-go traffic. I'm all about a good engine note, but a 4-cylinder Toyota engine is not exactly what I'd like to hear loudly. Overall, a fantastic little reliable car, with very good interior trim considering the price! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!"

Good Buy For The Money

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"This car is awesome. Fun to drive and catches eyes on the road. This car has great handling and is easy to drive. Alot of safety features to keep you comfortable driving it. The additional options are great and some really set the car off. I have the carbon fiber, pedestal spoiler, illumination kit, fog lights, and mud guards. I recommend the mud guards because Toyota paint chips very easily and the tires do stick out past the wheel wells so the 30 dollars is worth it. But for the money you cant beat this car. I drove a Tiburon and a Civic and neither compare to this car. If your looking for a coupe with a reasonable price this is the way to go."

Bought both my teenage girls a TC

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

"Bought my 17 year old a 2005 with 60k miles on it for Christmas. 2 years later buying my other daughter a 2006 with 80k miles. Both my girls LOVE these cars. I would highly recommend the TC? (It's also fun to drive for us Moms)."

So happy with this vehicle! LOVE IT!

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "fun car, good gas milage, super cute!"

Cons: "loud when driving on freeway."

"This was the first car I bought on my own 2 years ago after owning a 2001 jeep grand cherokee laredo and its perfect. Today actually I got into my first accident (wasnt my fault) I was rear ended and my back bumper was the only thing that was affected where the guy who hit me owned a kia and his car was totaled. Good gas milage, awesome sunroof and moonroof combo, good stereo system, and surprisingly a lot of space inside for such a small car. The only things that I would say kinda stink is on long car trips the seats can be a tad uncomfortable, and its absolutely impossible to talk on the phone and drive because its so loud when on the highway. Nothing too bad just little stuff. Anyways like I said its perfect to me, couldnt have asked for a better vehicle."

Nice daily driver

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "reliability, sporty for an affordable price."

Cons: "very few"

"Very nice daily driver, very reliable. Stops on a dime. Driving experience is enjoyable. Good for a small family. Entertainment center is well designed. Handling is sporty."