2006 Scion tC

Based on 669 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Perfect Car!!

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pros: "Great car for money."

"I love this car!!! I'm 6'6, and I fit perfectly and extremely comfortable in this car surprisingly. Runs smooth, quick and zippy. Great features, love the radio cover, easy maintenance, very customizable for cheap. Back seats are extremely comfortable as well. Just very little. Overall perfect car. Shakes a little bit when at lights, but nothing bad at all."

Great Reliable Car!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Pros: It's made by Toyota so mechanically it's a great car. It has a timing chain instead of a timing belt so you don't have to worry about changing it out. The 5 speed manual is alot of fun to drive. Super cold A/C. I love the sunroof that covers the whole top of the car and flips open. Gets reasonable gas mileage approx 26 mpg on average. Comfortable and roomy yet sporty. I love the cupholders in the back seat. They are off to the sides and not in your way. I also love that I can get a sporty looking car that has 3 seatbelts in the back that all have sholder belts. I can fit all three of my kids in the back with my two oldest on the sides and the baby and his carseat in the middle. Cons: You can hear alot of road noise once you get up to highway speeds and it can be difficult to see out of when backing up. The black interior and glass top causes the car to get very warm inside if it's setting in the sun but the A/C cools it down fast. Overall I think this car is an amazing value and I love mine."

Love My Tc!!!!

By on Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, great handling, rear seats recline, roomy!!"

Cons: "Tall people have some difficulty sitting in the back seat!"

"It's so fun to drive. I love my manual powertrain!! So far for 52,000 miles, I haven't had to change my brakes and no mechanical problems!"

Best Car I've ever owned,

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pros: "Too many to mention."

Cons: "Long reach to the steering wheel for tall people."

"I'd like to say that it's the best car on the market dollar for dollar, but that's not doing it justice. I've had this car for 5 years and haven't had any issues at all. It still drives like new and I don't have any trouble driving it for a 12 hr drive cross country. I'm 46 yrs old, 6'2", 265 pounds, and I drive like I'm 16 with an attitude. It's not a Cadillac, but that's not what I bought it for. After changing tires to Goodyear Eagle GT's, it corners like it's on rails. The only thing I think could be improved is the steering wheel position as it's a reach for someone with the seat in the full back position. But, even with that, it's no problem to drive it like a race car for 12 hours."

Best car ever!

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"I'm not the typical Tc driver since I am a 32 year old, married female, but here I am- and I LOVE this car. It's the best car I've ever owned, most people can't believe it's already 4 years old since it handles like new, has no rattles and squeaks that come with used cars, and looks so sharp. It's super functional, whether I'm hauling the groceries, picking up family at the airport, or hauling my 3 large dogs around- this car never ceases to get comments "Wow- there IS a lot of room in there!" I once put a 7 foot Christmas tree, still boxed, in the car- with the hatch down, and 2 adults with ease. Show me another small hatch that can do that- with the Toyota reliability to back it up. Awesome- I hope I never have to give this car up- that will be a sad day indeed."

happy with car

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"I have been happy for what I got for the money. It offers a lot of features for the price you pay. The only thing I have hated about the car is cost of parts. It seems like everything I looked at needing to replace what at least twice the cost of other vehicles. For example, I had a crack in the windshield and it usually would have been around $500 to replace but on the tC the glass is cut very wierd (it slopes down on the passenger side) and the cost to replace was over $1000. I have learned to live with a cracked windshield. My friend bottomed my car out and the price to fix the plastic clips securing the bumper were way to pricey so I learned to live with the bumper sticking out (no one but me notices it though) There are numerous issues like these. I will admit that I am rough on cars so I do not place any fault on Toyota for these but I believe when they make cars they really need to think of replacement parts. I again think this is a great car for the money just hate that everything is so expensive if you need to replace or repait anything."

70,000 miles

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"2005 scion. so far 70,000 miles and no p;roblems at all. I wasted money on getting the extended warranty because I have only had to do oil changes and wiper blades on this thing."

Good But Pretty Average

By on Friday, January 02, 2009

"I bought this car used in 2006 but it was pretty new (only one year old) and low mileage. It had barely been touched. Mechanically, Ive had absolutely no problems with it. It's held up well. Also, it drives really well- good acceleration. Pretty good mileage. I think the only problem I have with it is it's interior quality. The black interior requires a lot of maintenance. Also, the sterio area scratches easily and isn't the best quality. Overall, I would say this car is good and is worth the money but I wouldn't call it excellent."

Great All-In-One Car!

By on Sunday, September 21, 2008

"Bought mine last year, new, and love it. You can customize it to your likes, with tons of aftermarket and factory parts available. It already comes with great features and lots for luxury. Very reliable engine, have 26K miles on it so far, and runs the same as when I bought it."

Great car for 17k

By on Monday, September 15, 2008

"I bought my 2008 TC new in August 08. There are many good things about this car: A feature-packed car for the cost. iPod control is good, but not while driving. VVT-i engine is powerful and smooth. Fairly quiet for a sporty car. Rear-seat passengers get decent legroom. Looks great. But a couple of issues to know going in: The subwoofer ouput can't be reduced very far without fading out the front speakers. The hatchback divider will gouge the thin fabric of the C-pillar if removed too many times. Mileage in the mid-20s is low for a car this small. Silver painted console pieces scratch easily."

I wouldn't sell this car for the world!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"It took me two months of research to finally get to this vehicle as a Best Buy. I compared it with the Mazda 3 and the Honda Civic 2006 models at that time (2005). You definitely get more than what you pay for comparing it to those other vehicles. The Pure Price System is great because it leaves no room for negotiation; everybody gets a great price. I've taken this car all over the US and I've even driven it in NY winter snow! Its a great car, cheap to maintain and cheap to insure. If you are looking for a car within the $15k-$20k range, look no further!"

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"This was my first new vehicle purchase and I have not been happier. I've never had a car that was as much fun and had as much value as this car. Very little maintainence is needed other than the regular oil changes. Fun car to drive and lots of safety."

It's a great car at a great price.

By on Thursday, May 21, 2015

Pros: "picks up speed kick, GPS option, rims, ALL of IT"

Cons: "no 4-wheel drive, winter tires a must"

"I bought mine in Dec 2007 and I have enjoyed driving it since them. It is a great car. I had the GPS (about 2k) added and it has been a great add on to have. It is a bit costly to updates, the CD costs about $300 but it's worth it. The car has Iphone hook ups as well as for AUX, so you have options. The interior is beautiful, very sporty and comfortable. The interior design is pretty nice for the price. I love about the Scion TC that it's a smooth ride, it doesn't take much to make it go, unlike Nissan Altima Coupe and even some Acuras. I previously owned Paseo, which was the car line before Celica. These cars are long lasting. There has not been any mechanical problems just regular wear and tear. Winter tires are a must though, if you want to survive the NE winter."

A fun car to own and drive!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great reliability, great look, fun."

Cons: "Rear latch for hatch not firmly attached."

"I bought this car after reading reviews and it seemed that others who bought it loved it. I tried it for a day and loved it myself. Very reliable, sporty, spacious for car its size, and a very good investment. No maintenance issues at all. Rarely wants oil. A good drive. Rear latch to open hatchback is not designed well and tends to break with extended use (cost me $50 to have dealership fix) but no other problems."

I love my car

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Cons: "Only plastic piece on the lift gate-breaks easy"

"I bought the 7 year warranty - but I should have saved my money - this car hasn't needed anything but tires in 7 years! I love to drive it and with the seats down - is better than any station wagon - you wouldn't believe what I have transported in this - a full sized 4 drawer file cabinet - just for starters. When I moved - I got 12 boxes on one layer."

Great car for young drivers

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "looks, stereo, features, sunroof, fun to drive"

Cons: "minor issues, road noise, horsepower"

"This is my first car and I absolutely love it. Mine is a 2005 scion tc release series 1.0 and it is a gorgeous car. The interior is also quite nice and I love the seats and the features. This car is definitely not a race car/sports car, but I didn't get it for that reason. I just wanted a reliable car that's somewhat fun to drive to get me through high school and college and this car is perfect. 5 spd manual is great. I had some problems with the hatch and it wouldn't stay open so we had to replace some parts but that's a minor issue. I would definitely recommend this car."

Love my Scion TC

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "no compass"

"No complaints. Have been very impressed with its starting especially with the 10-degree weather we've been having lately. Of course a new battery does help. All in all, I love my baby!"

Scion Tc great value for the price!

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage"

Cons: "low headroom back seat"

"I have had my Scion Tc for 4.5 years. I have had a great experience with the car. Extremely reliable. Very little maintenance. The only consistent complaint I had was from passengers who said the headroom in the back seat is too low for someone who is tall sitting in the back. Additionally, it is the same in the front passengers seat. If you are 5"11 or taller, it is best to actually sit in the front and back to check your comfort level. The only feature I don't care for on the car is the electric lock that is build into the part that sits above the spot for the license plate. It is VERY easy to push on that button and while lifting up after it unlocks, you can easily break the pins that keep it in and it will come out, making your hatchback very hard to open. Not a fan of the design of this feature. But after 5 years, it has only come off 2x...so I guess that is not bad. On the plus side, my car gets amazing gas mileage. I can drive about 380 miles on a tank of gas if taking a long trip, which of course is great gas mileage. It is less if you are zipping around the city, but still it is definitely not a gas guzzler. Overall, I would definitely buy a Scion Tc again and would recommend it to anyone."

amazingly reliable and fun to drive

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

"Very reliable and sporty to drive. The only con is the low ride lets you feel every bump on the road."

No Regrets... Love this Car!!!!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Looks, Gas Mileage, Reliability... etc"

Cons: "I don't have any."

"I love this Car. I ordered it online and it was exactly what I wanted when I got it. I have been driving it for 7 years and have not had any problems with it. It is very reliable and efficient. I still get 27mpg average."

ok vehicle

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "fast, cool, appealing"

Cons: "small"

"i bought this car off the showroom floor and its looked amazing and cool. i've driving it some good distances and its not a car that i want to be in for long trips or stuck in traffic very uncomfortable and small. its fast especially the 5 speed and it turns heads and can be accessorized well. def not a family car."

A must have car

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "dependable"

"I love my Scion Tc. It is very reliable. I haven't had any major problems with it. As long as I keep the basic maintenance up i.e. oil charge, tune up, change air filter, it will run for a long time. I have 149000 miles on my car and it still runs wonderful."

Great car!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "great price and fun to drive!"

Cons: "uncomfortable seats"

"I bought this car new in April of 2007. It has been a wonderful car. I have a sunroof, spoil and hook-up for my ipod. I know that other reviews said they didn't have this feature--it depends on the specific features of each car. I would recommend this car to anyone that is single. It has been very reliable car and I drive a lot with my job. It has a lot of storage space and the interior is very nice for the price of the car. My interior was much better than my mom's 2007 toyota rav 4. My only complaint would be the seats, since they are not that comfortable."

It runs great with no problems

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"I bought this car in 2009, i have no problems with it, i only have it changed oil, and replacing my first new tired at 30k miles. I will tell my friends and family to look for another Tc too."

LOVE IT! Best car ever!

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "Great price for what you get, extremely reliable, comfortable, looks great!"

"I purchased this vehicle in 2006. This car has been extremely reliable to me. I have never had any proplems with the engine or anything mechanical going bad. During the really cold months, when there was ice on the car (very unusual for florida), I went to open my trunk and I broke the handle. Luckily, I had the extended warranty and I was able to get the part and have it fixed for free. Other than my odd hercules moment, nothing has ever been wrong with this vehicle. It moves great, it's a quick, little car, it's very comfortable (I drive 6.5 hour trips sometimes), I love how the steering wheel is sport-like meaning, you don't have to move it much to make the car move and it has a pretty good sound system. I got the upgraded 17' rhims which I love and it just looks like a suped up car without having to put all of this extra money into it. It has two awesome moon roofs (one opens, one doesn't) which gives you great views. I have never been happier with a car!"