2006 Scion tC

Based on 672 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Great car

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "drives well, good price"

Cons: "No updated features"

"Was one of the first to purchase this car back in 2004, loved it then, and still driving the same car with no major issues. I keep up with my maintenance as required and still driving strong."

I love my scion

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, fun to modify overall just a fun car"

"I've had my scion tC for a few years now and til this day I still get excited when I get behind the wheel of my tC. The car's bucket seats are comfortable, and the car itself is so compact, I definitely love the dual moon/sun roof, its perfect for driving with all my windows opened during the summer, its a great cruise car, fun to modify and very easy to modify, I've replaced my 07 tail lights with the unlimited scion tyc tail lights and swapped the baged grills to de-badged grills, I love this car, its fun, and if you're creative theres so much you can do with the tC, I've seen it done. Also I find that the tC has a very unique look, which I like a lot. I've had a few maintenance done to the car since I've had it but nothing major, it's a car so there will be minor fixes and replacements here and there, I love the small back seat windows, as well as the hatch coupe style of the car, I wasn't a big fan of the long antenna so I replaced mine with a s2k 7inch antenna, which works perfectly. The think I love most about the tC is its very easy to customize it to whatever look you want, although I'm not a big fan of the 2nd generation, there isn't much you can do with those. Over all the scion tC is a great car, fun to work with, fun to drive I'd recommend it for anyone whose on a budget when purchasing a car and for anyone who likes to customize cars."

Great car, with little cons...

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"I have owned my tC since September of 06, and I really like it but it does have a few cons. For example, I am 6'2'' and it is sometimes irritating when my head hits the roof. The engine also just lacks a little bit of power when accelerating. It seems like sometimes it holds back when initially accelerating, but once it gains it's momentum, it's great. Another annoyance, is the fact that the cabin gets very loud while driving highways speeds. If you blast the stereo, it's less noticeable, but it does make conversation with your passengers a little difficult. The only mechanical problem I've had is the back lighting behind the tachometer went out, which scion replaced. I do really love the car. The buying experience was not the least bit painful, and the price for what you get was amazing. It's very stylish and has great appeal. It's also very reliable, has low maintenance costs, and good fuel economy. It is a great and fun to car to drive! I especially love the futuristic styling with the Toyota reliability. I love my tC!!!"

best car ever

By on Monday, November 05, 2007

"i bought the extended warranty and it was a waste of money because absolutely nothing has gone wrong with the car. i've had it since november of '04 and 75,000 miles later no problems at all!"

Hate to lose it :(

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "No major issues or expenses since 2007!"

"The only, ONLY reason I need to trade in this car is because it's a stick shift and the amount of hill driving I'll be doing for my new job would turn into a nightmare. I purchased this car for my husband, then took it as my own 5 years later when I traded in my other care for his new SUV. I was ECSTATIC to get this car as a hand me down and for it to become my daily driver. It is the first car I owned past making payments and I'm going to miss it something terribly. Maybe I'll sell it to my brother instead of trading it in for something else, he drove it once and fell it love with it. He's a mechanic, so I'd guess that's a standing ovation. There are very few downsides to this car and I'm sure they all just come from age, most of them. 1) The back panel cover for the hatch release came loose and occasionally I have to stick it back in place. 2) After years of heavy use I need to trigger the hatch release twice before the hatch door can be opened. This happened before the paneling became loose and likely caused it by me pulling up on the hatch door before it's latch was fully released. 3) Pulling up the emergency brake can he heard though the stereo, it causes feedback through the speakers. Only when it's actually being engaged/disengaged, not the whole time it's on. I've only noticed it when I have the stereo on AUX input. The AUX jack is inside the center console behind the eBrake so I'm guessing that over time a barrier between the two has become flabby. 4) The center console light has malfunctioned and turns off when I turn on my headlights. The dealership said this was a common glitch and offered to fix it (for a price). The car was out of warranty when this happened and it wasn't worth spending what it would cost to replace."