2006 Scion tC

Based on 661 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Great car

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "reliability"

Cons: "less warmth during winter driving."

"Its an excellent car, reliable and strong on the roads. Ideal for the free ways. Wish it warms up faster during winter driving"

reliable, sporty drive

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "good value , only oil changes , normal maintenance"

Cons: "nylon seat material color fades with time"

"Sporty, easy handling on the road, great pick up with manual shift and fun to drive. Engine is flawless, no fail . Electronics in vehicle very good, power moon roof, windows always work. Reliable and enjoyable ride."

Solid & Reliable

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "Lots of standard features for the money."

Cons: "Paint quality could be better."

"I have had this car since it was new. The only problems I have had are having to replace the drivers front tire a few times due to improper alignment from the factory, O2 sensor went out at about 85,000 miles (approx. $350 to replace at the dealer), rear hatch handle/latch bracket broke off (Toyota recall and fixed for free, even after warranty was way over). The paint(black)on the back hatch has faded prematurely, the rest of the car still looks as you would expect for a car this age, almost like new. But nothing else at all, not a sticky switch, not a interior seam separating, absolutely nothing. I'm very happy with it considering how reasonably priced it was."

Nothing I Would Change About This Car

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

"This car has been the best little car. I love the features: it has a great stereo system, moonroof, power windows and locks, auxiliary jack and cruise control. It gets great gas mileage, is fun to drive and a perfect size for my needs. My tc is getting high in mileage but has retained its value well and the repairs I have had to make have been very reasonably priced. There is nothing I would change about this car."

Overall a great choice for the price

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "Looks, runs, drives, feels, and performs great"

Cons: "Quality could be better"

"I bought this car March 2014 with 57,000 miles. Now with 65,000, I feel it's time to write a review. Overall I love this car. You get the reliability of a toyota but you get the style of the scion. Comfort is amazing with the seats, great support, the blind spots aren't bad, stock stereo is good. I have the flint mica color and it shines great! However no car is perfect and this one isn't either. My biggest complaint: the wheels. No, I don't mean the look and style. I think we can all agree these wheels look awesome but the quality is terrible. I live in mass and potholes are a part of life here (sigh) and I've bent TWO WHEELS in the past 6 months.. Mind you, its not even winter yet... So I decided to pick up a set of 4 stock wheels and tires for $200 and that basically solved that problem! The other issue is it's a cheap tc. What this means is the interior may look cool, but it's cheap. Plastic everywhere. Bad quality wheels. Remember this is an 18k car new so you can't complain because you signed up for this. So do i like this car? No. I love it. It's extremely reliable aside the wheels, gets 28 mpg all day long mixed driving, looks mint, drives even better, and people with 150k al say they replace a clutch at most. I'm looking foreward to at least 2 more years with this car, and maybe more if it lets me. Hope this helps"

I like this car, very reliable.

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Great on gas,fun to drive,kind of fast car,spaciou"

Cons: "Front wheel drive"

"Somewhat fast. I've had problems with it probably because it's a salvage car but nothing with the engine. Engine is still running strong. I've only had problems with the stabilizer bar and the shocks. Other than that. Awesome car."

Excellent car overall

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable, comfortable ride and sporty."

Cons: "Key fob buttons wear out pre maturely."

"Most dependable car I have ever owned. I ordered the car with the optional automatic trans, 18" wheels, lip spoiler and the subwoofer sound system.. Power windows, power locks, power moonroof (the whole roof is glass) and many other features are standard. When I picked up my brand new 2006 Scion tC, it had 1 mile on the odometer. Now I have close to 121,000 miles on it and it has never failed. All I did was change the oil every 5,000 miles and the rest was normal maintenance. I plan to put another 80,000 miles on this car because it is that good.The Scion tC is comfortable and handles well and accelerates very well making it a great all-around car."

been an amazing car

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "great price to feature ratio, fun to drive"

"zero major repairs - only general maintenance has had to be performed."

Love this car

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "strong fun car"

Cons: "needs mp3 connector for radio"

"No problems what so ever. take care of it and it will take care of you."

I have gotten older, it is harder to get in/out.

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

"Car was used as second vehicle in household, but it has become hard to get in and out of at this time. It only has 8000 miles and runs great with the large 4 cyl.and auto trans."

Hate to lose it :(

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "No major issues or expenses since 2007!"

"The only, ONLY reason I need to trade in this car is because it's a stick shift and the amount of hill driving I'll be doing for my new job would turn into a nightmare. I purchased this car for my husband, then took it as my own 5 years later when I traded in my other care for his new SUV. I was ECSTATIC to get this car as a hand me down and for it to become my daily driver. It is the first car I owned past making payments and I'm going to miss it something terribly. Maybe I'll sell it to my brother instead of trading it in for something else, he drove it once and fell it love with it. He's a mechanic, so I'd guess that's a standing ovation. There are very few downsides to this car and I'm sure they all just come from age, most of them. 1) The back panel cover for the hatch release came loose and occasionally I have to stick it back in place. 2) After years of heavy use I need to trigger the hatch release twice before the hatch door can be opened. This happened before the paneling became loose and likely caused it by me pulling up on the hatch door before it's latch was fully released. 3) Pulling up the emergency brake can he heard though the stereo, it causes feedback through the speakers. Only when it's actually being engaged/disengaged, not the whole time it's on. I've only noticed it when I have the stereo on AUX input. The AUX jack is inside the center console behind the eBrake so I'm guessing that over time a barrier between the two has become flabby. 4) The center console light has malfunctioned and turns off when I turn on my headlights. The dealership said this was a common glitch and offered to fix it (for a price). The car was out of warranty when this happened and it wasn't worth spending what it would cost to replace."

Great First Car!!!

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Great price, Fun to drive, Roomy."

Cons: "Front wheel drive, semi weak engine (165hp)"

Still for sale :)

"Highly recommend this car if it is going to be a first car. I have a 2007 5 Speed and these cars are perfect to customize to your own taste. These cars look great with any rim and body kits look great. Because they are so common it is easy to get a great price and they hold value very well."

Still for sale :)

May Never Sell

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Maintenance Free, Fun, Sporty"

Cons: "Minor Rattles"

"This car has been a great car, purchased it brand new back in 2004 and its still runs like the day I drove it off the lot. Minus a couple squeaks and rattles (normal for 10 yr old vehicle) this is a diehard, reliable vehicle. Starts every day and has NEVER had any type of mechanical issue. Put the right tires on and this beast will blaze through snow covered roads! Hearing about issues other car owners go through with their cars, I consider myself lucky to own a vehicle like this. Because of that, I may never sell it."

great car to drive, not so great in an accident

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "awesome to drive"

Cons: "safety not so great"

"LOVED driving this car but was recently in a minor accident with it and the body didn't hold up very well. Will definitely miss that car."

Very reliable fun daily driver

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, easy to work on, very reliable"

Cons: "rattles, rattles rattles."

"I have owned this vehicle the last 55,000 miles and love it! The only thing outside of routine maintenance I have had to do is replace the waterpump. That costed me $60 dollars and an hour or two in the garage with a friend. Other than that this vehicle has been dead reliable and runs great all the time every time. Never had an issue starting, never had any sensors go bad, nothing. The interior isn't the best. It tends to shake and rattle, but after a few weeks driving you don't really notice it. This car is great for someone who likes to do custom work to it. I put in a subwoofer and sound system in my tc and it took me no time at all to put it in. They designed this car with simplicity in mind. All the panels come off easy, all parts that need to be accessed for maintenance are easy to get to. Working on it is simple as can be. The rear seat is really roomy too if you put down the back seats. I can fit my 125 pitbike (kids dirtbike) back there no problem. One last thing to mention is that the fuel mileage (MPG's) that the car is rated for it not true. The car gets much better gas mileage than what it says on here. I drive pretty quick and average 27mpgs for most tanks. I have gotten up to 32mpgs out of a tank fully loaded down on the interstate."

Great car. Especially the 5 speed.

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Great value, well built-solid feel, made in Japan."

Cons: "Visability. You need to check your blind spots."

"Fun to drive and with the standard features feels like a more expensive car than it is. Very solid feeling platform with good handling and pick up. Sounds aggressive as the rpms increase."

awesome car easy to modify

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "performance, modifications"

Cons: "n/a"

"daily driver very good on gas decent performance drives smooth extremely reliable."

315,000 and still running strong.

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Great car for a great price."

"Before I bought the tC I checked out the Civic, Focus, Neon, Cobalt, Sentra, and a few others. I ended up liking the standard options of the tC as well as the looks the best. I bought this car with 1 mile on it and other than being in two accidents this car hasn't had any issues. When it comes time to get a new car, it will be another Scion tC."

A fun car to own and drive!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great reliability, great look, fun."

Cons: "Rear latch for hatch not firmly attached."

"I bought this car after reading reviews and it seemed that others who bought it loved it. I tried it for a day and loved it myself. Very reliable, sporty, spacious for car its size, and a very good investment. No maintenance issues at all. Rarely wants oil. A good drive. Rear latch to open hatchback is not designed well and tends to break with extended use (cost me $50 to have dealership fix) but no other problems."

Loving every second of every mile

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, fun to drive, handles well, gas mileage"

Cons: "transmission may need replacing sooner than others"

"I've owned my Scion tC for approximately 14 hours, and have fallen in love with it. The car drives superbly. The handling is quick and responsive, the acceleration is powerful and chilling. The car runs smoothly, shifts smoothly, and provides for an excellent ride. I bought the car (2007, 108k miles, salvaged title) for $5500, and so far it seems to be worth every penny. The transmission, which my mechanic told me has about 25% life left, will nee replacing in a year or so. I believe this is common among Scions. Transmission usually needs replacing sooner than some makes and models. My mechanic told me it's about an $800 repair (with the car being FWD, most of that cost is labor). I went ahead and bought the car anyway, and love it so far. Would highly recommend."

Completely buried in repair bills

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking car"

Cons: "Seems to me, I've purchased a lemon."

"I purchased my 2005 Scion tC in 2012. It had about 97,000 miles on it and looked good overall. Within a few months, the catalytic converter went bad. One week after that, the water pump went out (it sounds like a percolator steroids when it starts going out). Five weeks after that, the clutch had to be replaced and just last week, the alternator. I bought the car for $6400, I have spent over $4300.00 in repair bills and the darn car STILL isn't fixed (or paid for). I've put less than 10,000 miles on it during the less than two years I've owned it. I am, to say the very least, totally disgusted with this vehicle. I cannot afford to get another and actually had to go back to work (after being retired for a year) just to pay the repair bills. I don't know how the previous owner took care of the car, but I know this....I will NEVER purchase a used car again. I'm considering painting 'THIS CAR IS A LEMON" on the hatchback window."

I love this car so much!

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

"I bought my 2006 scion tc 2 1/2 years ago. I get the oil changed on time and she just keeps chugging along! I have not had ONE issue with this car. This car is reliable, comfortable and definitely fun to drive. The exterior isn't as strong as it could be(dents easily, mirror broke off just by hitting a picket fence at 4 MPH) but it's worth how reliable everything else is."

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive/ Great price with options"

Cons: "Fuel system may be a flaw on this one."

"Just bought my 2008 TC with 45k! She runs great. A little issue with the fuel cap making the check engine light come on. I hear this problem is common for the 08'. Hoping she is going to be great little car. I'll keep everyone posted!"

I LOVE ALL ABOUT THIS CAR

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

"THIS CAR IS OUTSTANDING CAR FOR ME, I LOVE ALL ABOUT TC SCION!"

Wish I test drove a few more.

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "Awesome Sound, Good Design, great interior space"

Cons: "Blind Spots merging on highways, deep bucket seats"

"I bought a 2006 Scion, it is compact and has a lot of interior space, but the driving force of the car is the quality of sound it provides for music. I found this car most enjoyable when listening to music, sun roof open, windows down on my way to where ever.... however there are a lot of blind spots in the 2006 TC and when on the highway merging can be difficult if your a shorter person and skip over the basics. On that note I am 5'10 and my to rest my elbow out the window I actually need to lift my arm, so if you plan on driving this car and your shorter then 5'10 I suggest bring some phone books with you. Awesome side detail is that if you pull the back seat and passenger side seat I am able to fit my 10ft kayak in the car, all I do is use some rope to tie down the trunk to pinch it in. I would image the later versions of this car being fine tuned, and in that case I wish I waited to see how the TC turned out. After this ride I am going back to a truck."