2005 Scion tC

Based on 673 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Best Car I've ever owned,

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pros: "Too many to mention."

Cons: "Long reach to the steering wheel for tall people."

"I'd like to say that it's the best car on the market dollar for dollar, but that's not doing it justice. I've had this car for 5 years and haven't had any issues at all. It still drives like new and I don't have any trouble driving it for a 12 hr drive cross country. I'm 46 yrs old, 6'2", 265 pounds, and I drive like I'm 16 with an attitude. It's not a Cadillac, but that's not what I bought it for. After changing tires to Goodyear Eagle GT's, it corners like it's on rails. The only thing I think could be improved is the steering wheel position as it's a reach for someone with the seat in the full back position. But, even with that, it's no problem to drive it like a race car for 12 hours."

Best car ever!

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"I'm not the typical Tc driver since I am a 32 year old, married female, but here I am- and I LOVE this car. It's the best car I've ever owned, most people can't believe it's already 4 years old since it handles like new, has no rattles and squeaks that come with used cars, and looks so sharp. It's super functional, whether I'm hauling the groceries, picking up family at the airport, or hauling my 3 large dogs around- this car never ceases to get comments "Wow- there IS a lot of room in there!" I once put a 7 foot Christmas tree, still boxed, in the car- with the hatch down, and 2 adults with ease. Show me another small hatch that can do that- with the Toyota reliability to back it up. Awesome- I hope I never have to give this car up- that will be a sad day indeed."

happy with car

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"I have been happy for what I got for the money. It offers a lot of features for the price you pay. The only thing I have hated about the car is cost of parts. It seems like everything I looked at needing to replace what at least twice the cost of other vehicles. For example, I had a crack in the windshield and it usually would have been around $500 to replace but on the tC the glass is cut very wierd (it slopes down on the passenger side) and the cost to replace was over $1000. I have learned to live with a cracked windshield. My friend bottomed my car out and the price to fix the plastic clips securing the bumper were way to pricey so I learned to live with the bumper sticking out (no one but me notices it though) There are numerous issues like these. I will admit that I am rough on cars so I do not place any fault on Toyota for these but I believe when they make cars they really need to think of replacement parts. I again think this is a great car for the money just hate that everything is so expensive if you need to replace or repait anything."

70,000 miles

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"2005 scion. so far 70,000 miles and no p;roblems at all. I wasted money on getting the extended warranty because I have only had to do oil changes and wiper blades on this thing."

Good But Pretty Average

By on Friday, January 02, 2009

"I bought this car used in 2006 but it was pretty new (only one year old) and low mileage. It had barely been touched. Mechanically, Ive had absolutely no problems with it. It's held up well. Also, it drives really well- good acceleration. Pretty good mileage. I think the only problem I have with it is it's interior quality. The black interior requires a lot of maintenance. Also, the sterio area scratches easily and isn't the best quality. Overall, I would say this car is good and is worth the money but I wouldn't call it excellent."

Great All-In-One Car!

By on Sunday, September 21, 2008

"Bought mine last year, new, and love it. You can customize it to your likes, with tons of aftermarket and factory parts available. It already comes with great features and lots for luxury. Very reliable engine, have 26K miles on it so far, and runs the same as when I bought it."

Great car for 17k

By on Monday, September 15, 2008

"I bought my 2008 TC new in August 08. There are many good things about this car: A feature-packed car for the cost. iPod control is good, but not while driving. VVT-i engine is powerful and smooth. Fairly quiet for a sporty car. Rear-seat passengers get decent legroom. Looks great. But a couple of issues to know going in: The subwoofer ouput can't be reduced very far without fading out the front speakers. The hatchback divider will gouge the thin fabric of the C-pillar if removed too many times. Mileage in the mid-20s is low for a car this small. Silver painted console pieces scratch easily."

I wouldn't sell this car for the world!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"It took me two months of research to finally get to this vehicle as a Best Buy. I compared it with the Mazda 3 and the Honda Civic 2006 models at that time (2005). You definitely get more than what you pay for comparing it to those other vehicles. The Pure Price System is great because it leaves no room for negotiation; everybody gets a great price. I've taken this car all over the US and I've even driven it in NY winter snow! Its a great car, cheap to maintain and cheap to insure. If you are looking for a car within the $15k-$20k range, look no further!"

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"This was my first new vehicle purchase and I have not been happier. I've never had a car that was as much fun and had as much value as this car. Very little maintainence is needed other than the regular oil changes. Fun car to drive and lots of safety."

Fantastic car, I under estimated it's nice looks

By on Monday, December 21, 2015

Pros: "Great exterior design that never outdates"

Cons: "none, maybe burgandy is a boring color"

"I picked up my manual transmission stock burgandy 2007 scion TC at a carmax in california in 2010. At the time it had 27k miles on it and as of Dec 2015 it's at an even steven 40k miles. I have to say, for all this time, the only thing I changed was the brake pads and now the tires. What a durable vehicle! For a long time I thought there was something wrong because it seemed too fast. The acceleration was so jumpy that my tires would always squeal from stop to first gear, which I hate. Also, I found out recently, no other scion TC I've seen has black leather seats. Mine does and it's a privilege to have this unique feature. Also, the only other panoramic roof (the black top) vehicle I know other than a scion TC is a Tesla Model S, which I know I won't be able to afford in my lifetime. Anyways, I have to say that this model scion TC (the bubble car) as people say, is the most eye pleasing to me. The newer scions were always ugly in my book, and I'm very grateful now that I chose this vehicle. These days, whenever I go for a standard oil change at Toyota, I now get offers and comments about if I'm interested in selling my car. And this is coming from the people who work there! The resale value for this is just fantastic. Reminds me of a Honda Civic but better. Now I know I will take extra good care for my TC."