2005 Scion tC

Based on 675 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Great car

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "drives well, good price"

Cons: "No updated features"

"Was one of the first to purchase this car back in 2004, loved it then, and still driving the same car with no major issues. I keep up with my maintenance as required and still driving strong."

I love my scion

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, fun to modify overall just a fun car"

"I've had my scion tC for a few years now and til this day I still get excited when I get behind the wheel of my tC. The car's bucket seats are comfortable, and the car itself is so compact, I definitely love the dual moon/sun roof, its perfect for driving with all my windows opened during the summer, its a great cruise car, fun to modify and very easy to modify, I've replaced my 07 tail lights with the unlimited scion tyc tail lights and swapped the baged grills to de-badged grills, I love this car, its fun, and if you're creative theres so much you can do with the tC, I've seen it done. Also I find that the tC has a very unique look, which I like a lot. I've had a few maintenance done to the car since I've had it but nothing major, it's a car so there will be minor fixes and replacements here and there, I love the small back seat windows, as well as the hatch coupe style of the car, I wasn't a big fan of the long antenna so I replaced mine with a s2k 7inch antenna, which works perfectly. The think I love most about the tC is its very easy to customize it to whatever look you want, although I'm not a big fan of the 2nd generation, there isn't much you can do with those. Over all the scion tC is a great car, fun to work with, fun to drive I'd recommend it for anyone whose on a budget when purchasing a car and for anyone who likes to customize cars."

Hate to lose it :(

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "No major issues or expenses since 2007!"

"The only, ONLY reason I need to trade in this car is because it's a stick shift and the amount of hill driving I'll be doing for my new job would turn into a nightmare. I purchased this car for my husband, then took it as my own 5 years later when I traded in my other care for his new SUV. I was ECSTATIC to get this car as a hand me down and for it to become my daily driver. It is the first car I owned past making payments and I'm going to miss it something terribly. Maybe I'll sell it to my brother instead of trading it in for something else, he drove it once and fell it love with it. He's a mechanic, so I'd guess that's a standing ovation. There are very few downsides to this car and I'm sure they all just come from age, most of them. 1) The back panel cover for the hatch release came loose and occasionally I have to stick it back in place. 2) After years of heavy use I need to trigger the hatch release twice before the hatch door can be opened. This happened before the paneling became loose and likely caused it by me pulling up on the hatch door before it's latch was fully released. 3) Pulling up the emergency brake can he heard though the stereo, it causes feedback through the speakers. Only when it's actually being engaged/disengaged, not the whole time it's on. I've only noticed it when I have the stereo on AUX input. The AUX jack is inside the center console behind the eBrake so I'm guessing that over time a barrier between the two has become flabby. 4) The center console light has malfunctioned and turns off when I turn on my headlights. The dealership said this was a common glitch and offered to fix it (for a price). The car was out of warranty when this happened and it wasn't worth spending what it would cost to replace."

I consider my car as one of my best friends!

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, customizeability, fun"

Cons: "tires are always needing replacing"

"I bought my TC with 11 miles on it in September of 2005 and now (03/28/2013) I have 186,000 miles on it and have not once taken it to the shop for any repairs other than replacing tires. Mind you, I am not that good with being on time with maintenance, even once pushing 5,000 miles OVER the 5,000 miles for oil change mark. I absolutely love my car and will buy newer models from now on. Til this day, I keep getting compliments from strangers for my car. :)"

Great car

By on Monday, February 4, 2013

Pros: "great car good mp good reliabilty"

Cons: "backseat, noise, head room"

"My wife and i bought this car when it was 2 years old. It had 30 thousand miles on it then and since we have put 100 thousand on it. Car still runs great doesnt use oil, love the sportiness with the fuel mileage, which is about 31 hwy. I have a big truck so my wife drives it since i drive over 100 miles a day to work and she drives 20. We both love this car. Do wish it had more head room. I am 6 flat and I have problems getting in but once I am in plenty of room. More insulation in the rear underneath the cargo area would be great too since the toyota racing exhaust does get loud inside the cabin. The back seat is great but hard to get into and hard to put a car seat in"