2005 Scion tC

Based on 670 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

manual trans

By on Wednesday, December 01, 2010

"I have 2006 tc n im replacing clutch 2nd time once at 32k n now at 68k ????"

Release Series 5.0

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"I absolutely LOVE my Release Series 5.0. My only gripe is that the center caps on the rims (red TRD symbol) began to fade noticeably thoughout the first 6 months. Possibly from salt and cold weather exposure from a short visit to my parents in Kentcuky. I live in florida. one more thing, the dash got a wrinkled spot in it, I believe it was from extreme heat exposure in the hot humid Florida climate, but upon return to the dealership, Toyota gladly, and with no charge, replaced both of the items. Other than that, it runs amazing. It is the most comfortable car that I've been in, and that says a lot for the long drives that I occasionally take to KY. The RS 5.0 has a beautiful color scheme and interior really sets it apart from all other Scion's.. My car is the envy of all my friends and I can't wait to get back from Iraq and relax in my ride."

Best Entry Level New Car

By on Monday, June 28, 2010

"I bought my tc in the fall of 2004 and now in 2010 and 130k later it still runs like a champ! I installed the turbonetics turbo kit around 55k and it never uses any oil. (Running synethic) But with the turbo kit, a good set of tires and a coilover suspension i've been about to take cars of twice the price in terms of handeling and performance."

Love my 2009 Scion tC

By on Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I have owned my little Scion tC for almost two years. It has everything I wanted in a car and I feel like a million dollars driving it. It's zippy, has great steering and control and looks sleak and also slightly feisty. Never had any mechanical problems or failures. I would recommend this car to anyone. Matter of fact, my daughter loves my Scion almost as much as I do and, if she could, would get one for herself. Back seat is plenty roomy enough for people and I have no troubles climbing in and out of the back seat area either when I put the baby in and out of the baby's car seat. Plenty of room in hatchback area for tons of groceries, shopping bags or luggage. All in all, extremely happy and satisfied with my Scion. If you're thinking about buying one, go for it. You won't be disappointed!! :)"

Simply Amazing

By on Thursday, October 15, 2009

"Okay people here's my 2 cents. It has STANDARD front and back disc brakes with ABS. The motor is actually a 4 Cylinder Camry motor from Toyota. The speaker system is awesome for stock speakers. Great suspension, Great Turning Radius, Nice Huge Moon Roof. Great on gas. Usually 300+ miles to a 13 or 14 gallon tank. Great Power. Just an over all awesome car. One of the things I liked about it is you have to release the gas can from inside the car. For all you people worried about past gf and bfs putting sugar in your tank or something... problem solved. You guys cant find a better car on the market. If i had to search for something about it I didn't like.... i guess maybe the orange gauges? other than that it would take too long to find anything else. Get one of these cars guys and gals... its truly a non-regrettable investment."

Great ride, Great price

By on Thursday, August 06, 2009

"Had the car for 70,000 miles now. Bought in Nov 2005. Never had a problem with it. After-market leather seats from dealer are like factory. Engine runs great (Camry engine, I think). Paint in great shape. Goes through tires about every 35k miles (normal). 5-speed never misses. Replaced headlights once. Live in South Fla near ocean, never have a problem with corrosion from salt or fading from sun. My next car will be more luxurious, but for $16k, it's the best deal I ever got, and it's still worth $10k private sale. By my math, that's less than $2k a year in cost (about $150/month)"

LOVE IT

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"I love this car. I bought it brand new in 2005 when there was a 6 month wait for it. I love it. No complaints. Very fast for the money. I even was in a car accident going 80mph on the highway. I was hit by a SUV and flung off the side of the highway and no one was injured and there was a very minor dent considering how hard I was hit. The officer said that any other vehicle would have flipped but the TC didn't. Very safe!"

The real review

By on Thursday, April 02, 2009

"This is my 3rd vehicle my previous one was a cobalt Lt. The Tc has all standard features at a great price. It is nice to not see everybody having your car.(the cobalt) It has good acceleration for a four cylinder. Everything is great. I drove the Honda civic ex, and a Mitsubishi eclipse gs and a mit. lancer. The scion was the most fun and had the best price. If you are undecided about buying don't be."

Lovin the tC

By on Friday, March 20, 2009

"I love this car! It handles very well, gets GREAT gas milage and it's pretty fast. Plus it's so cute!"

solid car

By on Thursday, March 19, 2009

"this is a good car with solid handling peppy but powerless engine. Very fun on back roads, could use a lot more power on the highway."

Love It!

By on Saturday, September 06, 2008

"I have had my car for 3 plus years. I am a real estate agent and theres lots of room in the back for my signs. My husband is 6'2'' and he fits comfortably in the drivers seat. He drives a SUV so we take my car on road trips and long drives because of the good gas mileage. Getting ready to sell it to my 17 year old bro and he is thrilled. I see all kinds of people driving TC's, older gals, teenagers, business people like myself. It works for lots of lifestyles, love it love it love it!"

Great car!

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"I own a 2008 Scion TC. It's the first brand new car I purchased. I love everything about this car. I find it very comfortable(haven't been on very long trips in it yet). It has great pick up for only being a four cylinder and also has great gas milage. I have almost 5k miles on it and nothing has gone wrong yet. I've read reviews on people saying things have gone wrong, maybe this year they have changed some things. I don't know. Overall, I love this car and I had looked at many cars(civic, jetta, cobalt, mazda3,), this was the best out of all, III think."

Great Vaule..Great Price...

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"The Tc is the best car for the money. It comes with every single airbag you want, including knee airbags. Cd player that plays everything:WMA, MP3, and has a aux for your ipod. Also has driver and passenger one touch up and down windows, which comes in handy. The comfort is average, about as confortable a a civic. Other then that I would recomend this vehicle to a friend. One other thing scion is big on aftermarket, so there is a ton of parts to make your scion original."

Awesome Car

By on Saturday, October 13, 2007

"I just purchased a black 2008 tC and love it. It is the best car i have owned. Great performance, and great power for being a 4cyl. Handles well in rough weather. Waiting to see how it handles in the snow. Gets great MPG. And what they have done to the 2008 is awesome."

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"I love this car. This was the first car I ever bought brand new. It had five miles on it when we left the dealer and that was my test ride. The car has great power and great style. It scares me reading these reviews! I have had no problems at all with my TC. I was rearended twice with it by a Subaru Outback and I hit a Blazer in front of me and the subaru was hurting compared to my car it took the hit so well the police couldn't believe I was fine. And I was hit at 45 miles per hour and was at a dead stop! I hopped out no problem! Other than oil changes and services. I travel 110 miles a day to and from work so it takes a beating I have kept it Toyota certfied and have it maintains very well. I had a great dealership whom takes care of everything for me. The only small problems were the trunk shock went on me causing the trunk to not stay up and the same day it went the dealer and was fixed so the dealers have the parts and knowledge of them. Other than that I put new tires on the factory ones which were not cheap and front brakes like I said I drive far and I am an aggressive driver. It is great my mom is looking forward to inheriting it in a couple months. I would have bought another Scion but baby seats don't agree! A lexus 310 is next for my same toyota quality! I have had the car 2 years and 9 months and will keep the car when I buy my new car I love it that much! I have 65000 miles on it and going strong! No rattles No paint chipping. Sounds like some of these poor people got the bad one of the batch! Good luck fellow Scion riders and be safe!"

Way to go Scion

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"My tC is the first brand new vehicle I have ever owned and I'm glad I bought it. Although I was originally planning to use it for my job (at the time), I wish I would have opted for the manual trans. instead of the auto. Other than that, I believe the vehicle is top notch all the way. I have had no major repairs done on it aside from the transmission seal that needed to be replaced about 6 months after I bought it. But it's been fine since then. Plus, any of my co-workers that have ridden in the back seat will tell you how surprised they were with the amount of room they had, even with the front seats moved back almost as far as they can go. Since it is a small coupe though, long trips seem to take forever. Although it has a good ride and feel, you feel cramped after driving a couple hundred miles and just need to step out and stretch. Gas mileage is awesome, especially for a car with some kick to it. Right now, that means a lot! For me, the tC is the best model from Scion and I hope they continue to make more vehicles just like it!"

Best car I have had

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"I have had 24 brand new cars 13 of which were from 15 to 19 yrs old. my grandfather worked for GM but this scion tc is superbad all the options, and runs like a great import tuner with some mods done to it. if you have a chance to get one GET IT!!!!"

Nice...very nice

By on Sunday, July 01, 2007

"I had not heard much about Scion before getting my old car smashed by a trash truck! Afterwards, I was in the market for a fun, fuel effecient, and comfortable car. Luckily, I found the Scion tC. The car is quick, manuverable, and an incredible joy to drive. With the price tag attached to this great car, you can't beat the value. Buy now!"

Wasn't mine but I love riding in it

By on Thursday, May 14, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "smooth make, fun to drive,sound system,sunroof"

Cons: "bad on gas, stuck seats,no removable cup holders"

"I met my fiance (at the time) in this car. He drove a stick version and thought he was too cool. This car drives smooth with no alterations made. The sound system is factory made and the seats are made for fast movement based on the way it hugged your body. I eventually co-owned the car and drove it more over the years. It was my first stick to drive and the car kindly bared with me why I made a couple of mistakes. I loved that it came with an alarm system and key wireless system, also the trunk was just right for all my weekend outings. This car has grown with me but my next purchase of a Scion will be a four door. It's more convenient for the twin kiddies we are about to raise."

I love my car

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Cons: "Only plastic piece on the lift gate-breaks easy"

"I bought the 7 year warranty - but I should have saved my money - this car hasn't needed anything but tires in 7 years! I love to drive it and with the seats down - is better than any station wagon - you wouldn't believe what I have transported in this - a full sized 4 drawer file cabinet - just for starters. When I moved - I got 12 boxes on one layer."

I love my car

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Cons: "Only plastic piece on the lift gate-breaks easy"

More comfortable seats then a Camry.

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "Reasonable economy, winter perf."

Cons: "Only 27 mpg., 18" wheels fragile."

"2door Camry-like car. stiffer suspension. Changing to steel wheels makes it a better daily driver. Wife does not like the 2-door entry ease."

I LOVE my car!!!

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "great price, cute, easy to drive, small"

Cons: "sometimes it can be too small for taller passenger"

"I absolutely love this car! I bought it when I was in high school and now I have it in college! It is small so I would recommend it for smaller girls or guys! it drives great and I have never had any problems with it!! Its so reliable! I hope to keep this car for a very long time!"

i love my scion!!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "gas milege, easy on the eye"

Cons: "cheap interior, squeeky interior"

"I love this car so much. Gets fantastic gas mileage"

very good reliable car

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride, reliable, sound system, fun to drive"

Cons: "poor tire quality"

"the car is very reliable and drives smoothly and packed with a great stock sound system. The only complaint i have is that one of the tires wore down very quickly especially on the inside tread. Other than that this car is fantanstic i have driven from sacramento to st. louis and from sac to seattle with no issues whatsoever."