2014 Scion iQ Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,378 - $15,013.

10/5.8

8.4

Based on 35 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Smart Choice for a day to day car!!!

By on Monday, August 06, 2012

Pros: "It is all I expected it to be and more"

Cons: "I wish it came in Manual Transmission."

"Last November I was in London and saw the Cygnet [Aston Martin's version] at Harrod's Men's Dept. Ask if I could have that unit shipped and they laughed. Last February, we went to Chicago Auto Show and saw this car at the Scion Exhibit. Immediately captured my attention since we were looking for a day to day car to run errands, and save mileage in the sports car. So we went in for a drive test, researched the unit extensively online and biught one in Apil 23, 2012. Took it on a road trip to Utah from Chicago with the Dog and luggage, the three of us. Our Dog, 40 lbs SCWT. We had a great time and we only spent around 220 on gas!!!!! Overall, this is an amazing little car. Performs very well and it is roomy inside. I like my alloy wheels, and rear spoiler plus a couple more interior accessories. Before passing judgement on the car, go for a test drive. And bring some friends along for the ride."

PERFECT BROOKLYN CAR.

By on Thursday, May 10, 2012

"This car has changed my life. I NEVER have to worry about finding street parking! It's UNBELIEVABLE. Plus it's great on gas. This is THE perfect city car - whether driving in the city or on the Turnpike. It's not small on the inside. And it's surprisingly peppy -- way more solid than I expected. My former cars were Volvos and I'm very picky. This is a great vehicle. It's not luxe per se, but it's a remarkable piece of engineering. It's like a whole new species of transportation - somewhere between a full-sized car and a Vespa."

My Favorite Car!

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and fun to park"

Cons: "Not enough power"

"After a lot of thought it was time for the Lexus to go. 20 mpg in a 12 year old car that only ran on premium unleaded fuel just didn't add up for me. I almost went and looked at a Smart car when I remembered that Toyota had come out with the Scion IQ last year so I started doing my research. The car magazines were not kind to it saying that it was slow and the CVT transmission didn't ever seem to be in the right gear, etc, etc. I guess maybe Toyota didn't pay enough to advertise in these magazines because they could not have been driving an IQ. One test drive was all it took for me. The car is a ball in town because of its short size and speedy throttle response and holds it own on the Interstates cruising comfortably in the fast lane at 80 and it is not disturbed by the wake coming from tractor trailers. The IQ is BIG inside and comfortable for two. Yes it has two back seats but they are better left folded down. Store stuff under them before you fold them down. Toyota designed this car from the insde out first making sure that larger Americans like me could fit in it. I'm 5'11 and 240lbs and it fits me fine. If there were two of me sitting in a Smart Car we'd be rubbing shoulders. Not in the IQ. Plenty of room for 2 full sized adults. With back seats folded flat there is plenty of room in the back for our two Scottish terriers."

2014 Scion IQ is my idea of a sports car

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Like a little sports car but at a smaller price"

Cons: "Could use cruise control."

"Not sure why all the bad reviews. I think America just isn't ready for micro cars. I really like my little car. I am 6'2", 195 lbs and it fits me as well as any full size car. It drives sporty - peppy and responsive. Really glad I got this instead of a Smart or Fiat. Too bad Toyota is thinking of ending the car after 2014."

Best

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Fun"

"I love this little car. It is so much fun to drive and get 35mpg. Lots of room for two people. It is my work car. My friends can't believe that it has so much room and they love to ride in it."