2014 Scion iQ Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,378 - $15,013.

10/5.8

8.4

Based on 35 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

fat man lil car

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "can turn around anywere"

Cons: "should be faster than 105mph"

"cool looking fun to drive anywere i had my car about 5 months . great on gas handles pretty good . i also did some upgrades like the cold air filter adds 3/5 more mpg and the 2 12inch infinity subwoofers give it a great stereo sound to cover the road noise. did i also mention im 6ft 400lbs and i fit just fine and comfy . got about 10,000 miles already waiting for snow to fall and see how much fun im gunna have"

Surprised By The Pep!!

By on Friday, October 05, 2012

I want this car

Pros: "Peppy! Very Sporty!! Super Affordable!!"

Cons: "Wish There Was More Room For Passengers"

"Oh my goodness!! I test drove one of these cuties last week and I am in the process of buying one! It handles well and it has lots of pep. I have a larger Toyota (SUV) and my larger vehicle takes longer to get up and go than this little vehicle. The gas mileage is a huge deciding factor for me. Going from what I am currently getting (14 MPG) to close to 40 MPG is going to be a huge savings. I have no doubts regarding the quality of anything made from Toyota. I have owned Toyota my entire life and would not own anything else. The longevity and dependability of Scion and Toyota is a comfort. The safety airbags are great too! More airbags in this car than in my SUV. The warranty is great too! Can't wait for my little car to come in so that I can drive it home! Small is "in" and big is out!!!"

First Car I've Liked Enough to Name:Mighty Mouse

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "Low cost, fun to drive, fun to park"

Cons: "No armrest. Poor headlights and poor heater."

Mighty Mouse meets Ford 150

"After a lot of thought it was time for the Lexus to go. 20 mpg in a 12 year old car that only ran on premium unleaded fuel just didn't add up for me. I drove a Smart car in England a couple of years ago but it was too small inside and the semi automatic trans was a pain. I almost went and looked at a Smart car when I remembered that Toyota had come out with the Scion IQ last year so I started doing my research. The car magazines were not kind to it saying that it was slow and the CVT transmission didn't ever seem to be in the right gear, etc, etc. I guess maybe Toyota didn't pay enough to advertise in these magazines because they could not have been driving an IQ. One test drive was all it took for me. The car is a ball in town because of its short size and speedy throttle response. It holds it own in traffic light drag races and on the Interstates cruising comfortably in the fast lane at 80 and it is not disturbed by the wake coming from tractor trailers. The IQ is BIG inside and comfortable for two. Yes it has two back seats but they are better left folded down. Store stuff under them before you fold them down. Toyota designed this car from the inside out first making sure that larger Americans like me could fit in it. I'm 5'11 and 240 lbs and it fits me fine. If there were two of me sitting in a Smart Car we'd be rubbing shoulders. Not in the IQ. Plenty of room for 2 full sized adults. With back seats folded flat there is plenty of room in the back for our two Scottish terriers. First Car I've ever owned that I liked enough to give it a name: Mighty Mouse because it drives and handles above its weight class. 1500 Mile Report This car is the most fun I've had in a car in years! Its getting 33 mpg with me at the helm with my foot to the floor most of time. I bet if I took it easy I could easily get it over 40 mpg. Every time I say to myself that I'm going to take it easy on this tank of gas and see how high I can get the mileage to go to I wind up reverting back to my normal driving style. Maybe it will be different when I grow up!(Current age:60). The IQ is staying rattle free in spite of the pounding it gets on our wonderful PA roads. It's not using any oil and starts up immediately on cold days and defrosters front and rear do a great job. Too bad the exterior rear view mirrors don't have defrosters in them. 12K mile Report See 1500 mile report. All is well, better actually. Installed a TRD Rear Anti Sway Bar and Sylvania headlight bulbs. Forget the Magazines for test results. Here's the real world: 0 to 60MPH ~7 seconds Top Speed 105 mph. Ignition cuts out after that. Speeds over 90 mph require a lot of concentration because the car is short and things happen very fast at high speeds. Here's a short list of what Toyota should add to the IQ: Exterior Rearview Mirror Defrosters Brighter Headlight Bulbs. Replaced mine with Sylvania Silverstar Ultras. Rear Anti Sway Bar. Go into a turn too fast and get ready for some big time lean. Whoppee!! Toyota has one as a dealer installed option but it should be standard. A glove box. Come on Toyota. There's room for one and the one sore point on this car is there are not enough places to store things up front. The sliding drawer under the passenger seat is a cute idea but its not big enough. Better interior lighting. The dinky light up front is not bright enough for anything and there is no light in the rear. Installing aftermarket battery powered LED lamps is a solution but really....Come on Toyota. The Scion brand is a premium brand and these features should be in the IQ for the price charged."

Mighty Mouse meets Ford 150

LOVE my IQ

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Wonderful interior. Great seats. Makes me smile."

Cons: "Rear windshield wiper only wipes half a window."

"I love this car. I traded in my Toyota Yaris for the IQ. The IQ is as wide as my Yaris was. The car still has me in training as far as gas mileage but I was only looking for 30 mpg anyway as I have a lead foot. I am sure when the engine is broken in and I have learned to drive more eco friendly the mpg will get better. I LOVE the seats. They sit up nice and high. The inside has a really nice finish. Looks a LOT nicer than my Yaris. I am up and down the highway to work and the IQ has no problem keeping up. It is the PERFECT commuter car."

Happy

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Great Mileage, Conversation Starter"

Cons: "No Center Armrest, No cruise."

"Im mid 50s, 6 foot and better than 200 lbs and this car fits me fine! I've never had a car that was more fun to drive! People watch me get out of it, and immediately walk over and look at the inside of the car. I can see it on their face. You got out of that? Kids are grown up and gone, Just me, the wife, and a big old dog. We have a new Subaru Forester as well. I figured we'd take the Forester on our weekend getaways, but almost always take the IQ. I put the rear seats down the day I bought it. So, every morning, I open the rear hatch, toss my briefcase in the back, and drive to work. I pay zero attention to the economy guage, I just drive the way I want to. The average MPG is almost always 35, and, if we go for a lazy cruise into the mountains, sometimes it averages 37 MPG. Only thing its missing is a center armrest and cruise. I suppose those will be available soon."