2014 Scion iQ Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,554 - $15,139.

10/5.8

8.3

Based on 33 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Cute car that served it's purpose

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pros: "Cute car"

Cons: "no power, noisy, drives like a go-cart"

"This car served it's purpose -- a low cost emergency replacement vehicle. Additionally, it convinced me of one thing for certain... I will NEVER own a car with a CVT again. It has zero power in the 30-50 MPH range which makes merging into highway traffic a challenge. At highway speeds the engine is running at 4K-5K RPM which makes for a very noisy ride. An hour on the freeway and I'm ready to cut off my ears. As far as fuel economy I don't get within 10 MPG of it's rating. Scion did some computer monitored drive test and said it's performing as designed. And, the steering is very tight so it drives like a go-cart. Very disappointed with the vehicle; I was hoping for just a bit more. But, it is cute and gets lots of attention."

Love my iQ!

By on Saturday, April 04, 2015

Pros: "Cute. Fun to drive. Reliable. 11 air bags!"

Cons: "No armrest. No spare tire."

"So I recently purchased my iQ and let me tell you that I am obsessed with it. I love driving it! Sure, it isn't the fastest car I have driven and yea, the back seat and lack of trunk space took some getting used to BUT it doesn't bother me at all anymore. Less junk in my car and no chauffering people around right?!? Did I mention it is wicked cute?! Well it is! And it is fun to drive. Gotta love saving money on gas! My VW Passat seemed to just eat the gas and cost me an arm and a leg. But this little guy makes my wallet so happy. My cons in the car are minimal and seem to be similar to most people who have this car. But otherwise I am in love. Way to go Scion!"

JUNK!

By on Monday, January 19, 2015

Pros: "11 air bags"

Cons: "all of the above! tiny piece of Junk!"

"Toyota says this car gets 36mpg. Yea Right! More like 25mpg!! Seating for 2 only. Bluetooth on Radio Never stays connected to the cell phone. You feel like and Ant on the street."

This is a fun economical car

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pros: "Small size, great mileage."

Cons: "No spare tire."

"I took ownership to a new iQ in October 2014. From day one I was pleased with this vehicle. The car is fun to drive, and handles extremely well. The MPG have been about 40 - 42 , including NYC rush hour driving. I have no complaints yet. The CVT is much better than I read in car reviews. I hope Toyota will continue to offer a similar car in the future. If you think this car is too small, do yourself a favor and take a test drive. You will be pleasantly suprised."

Fun to drive!

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great turning radius, good looking"

Cons: "very small, no leather seats"

"This car is a head turner. And it makes people smile! It is fun to drive, easy on the wallet and great in tight spaces. I can fit my groceries and everyday items in it easily."

Good Things Come in Small Packages

By on Saturday, October 04, 2014

Pros: "Frugal to buy and operate, easy to park"

Cons: "Choppy ride on concrete freeways"

"I was originally looking for a small used car, like a Hyundai or Kia. I live in Seattle where parking can be limited. After an exhaustive search I came across my 2012 Scion iQ with less than 1200 miles for the same price as a either of the aforementioned vehicles...and it had the remained of its warranty (5 years). It turns out the iQ was exactly what I was looking for. I'm single and primarily need it to run errands on the weekend...and mostly NOT freeway (too much traffic). The iQ has a stylish appearance both inside and out (more so than my 2005 Subaru Forester). Its extremely maneuverable and a blast to drive. Kudos to Toyota for bringing this vehicle stateside. Too bad they're stopping production after the current model year. Get one while you can."

Great buy for the money!

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Great price, highly likeable and useful"

Cons: "Could use more storage in front - no glove compart"

"As long as you don't need the extra space of a trunk, the car has it all. Two rear seats with belts, headrests, and airbags make it usable for passengers. With the rear seats folded down there is much usable storage and carrying space. The driver/front passenger cabin is huge and gives no feeling of cramping or tight enclosure. Just like driving a full size car. Mileage of 37 mpg. average is honest. Highway even better. Parking tricks are amazing!"

Great Small Car

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Makes you smile!"

Cons: "None so far!"

"I bought a used 2012 iQ and have had it for two months and so far have enjoyed the little car. I am a 6'2" 250lb man in my late 40's and have absolutely no problem getting in and out of this car and am very comfortable riding and driving it. I have driven mini vans for many years with my last one being a fully loaded Chrysler T&C. When I decided to purchase a newer vehicle I took a hard look at how I used a vehicle daily and 99% of my time is back and forth to work and stopping at the grocery store a few times a week with other errands mixed in here and there. At this stage of my life it made economical sense to go with something smaller and so far I have had no regrets. My wife and I are both comfortable in the car and there is plenty of cargo space for groceries or our small dogs when they go with us. The car has plenty of pep and I must say is a lot of fun to drive. I do get alot of stares and a ton of questions from people and alot of them are shocked when I tell them I enjoy the car and they look in and see how much room I have when seated in it. My gas bill has been reduced by 2/3 and that is with me having a bit of a lead foot with the air on. Of course when you compare it to my van there is things I gave up but I knew that when I bought it and comparing them would be like comparing apples to oranges. I owned a few smaller cars when I was younger so I knew what I was getting into buying a small car but I must say the iQ beats those other cars hands down. I will have to wait and see how it does this winter but with its width and wheel size and based on other reviews I don't expect there to be much of an issue. So far the car has exceeded my expectations and I have absolutely no regrets!"

Cute little run about car.

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

"I love my little Scion IQ. It was rated by CR pretty low, but mostly for being low on pep, but I have yet to have that problem at all. I got it before my grandkids started "arriving"so I'll have to sell it pretty soon. Not much room in the back, but that shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone. It's peppy enough for me, plenty of room for driver and passenger, turns on a dime, easy to park. Get's good gas mileage, but because the gas tank is so small, you still have to fill it up comparibly to larger cars, but it's so cheap to do so. I wish they had the old gas meter. It shows you by increments and I never have been able to figure out how long you can go on the empty square, but, just keep it filled up and that won't be a problem. All in all it's a really great little car. Probably not a good car for an overly shy person, because you get lot's of looks, especially smiles. I get at least one compliment every time I drive it. Of cours, I got the "Hot Lava" color and then had an orange scrol design put on both the car doors. It is SO cute and the funny thing is, I get at least as many compliments from men as I do women."

Fantastic car for city driving.

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "MPG, parking, turning, effecient as a 2 seater"

Cons: "no nicnac space, ineffecient int. lighting"

"MPG is 47 with AC off, 38 with Ac on. My driving is 50/50 highway/city. Shortest turning circle in the industry. Negotiating parking lots and making U-turn's are a snap. Adequate power, excellent rear vision, great maneuverability, large front passenger space. With back seat down, very efficient cargo space. Needs better interior lighting, cruise control and center arm rest. Short length makes for extra space in garage."