2012 Scion iQ

Based on 37 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

My Favorite Car!

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and fun to park"

Cons: "Not enough power"

"After a lot of thought it was time for the Lexus to go. 20 mpg in a 12 year old car that only ran on premium unleaded fuel just didn't add up for me. I almost went and looked at a Smart car when I remembered that Toyota had come out with the Scion IQ last year so I started doing my research. The car magazines were not kind to it saying that it was slow and the CVT transmission didn't ever seem to be in the right gear, etc, etc. I guess maybe Toyota didn't pay enough to advertise in these magazines because they could not have been driving an IQ. One test drive was all it took for me. The car is a ball in town because of its short size and speedy throttle response and holds it own on the Interstates cruising comfortably in the fast lane at 80 and it is not disturbed by the wake coming from tractor trailers. The IQ is BIG inside and comfortable for two. Yes it has two back seats but they are better left folded down. Store stuff under them before you fold them down. Toyota designed this car from the insde out first making sure that larger Americans like me could fit in it. I'm 5'11 and 240lbs and it fits me fine. If there were two of me sitting in a Smart Car we'd be rubbing shoulders. Not in the IQ. Plenty of room for 2 full sized adults. With back seats folded flat there is plenty of room in the back for our two Scottish terriers."

2014 Scion IQ is my idea of a sports car

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Like a little sports car but at a smaller price"

Cons: "Could use cruise control."

"Not sure why all the bad reviews. I think America just isn't ready for micro cars. I really like my little car. I am 6'2", 195 lbs and it fits me as well as any full size car. It drives sporty - peppy and responsive. Really glad I got this instead of a Smart or Fiat. Too bad Toyota is thinking of ending the car after 2014."

Best

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Fun"

"I love this little car. It is so much fun to drive and get 35mpg. Lots of room for two people. It is my work car. My friends can't believe that it has so much room and they love to ride in it."

First Car I've Liked Enough to Name:Mighty Mouse

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "Low cost, fun to drive, fun to park"

Cons: "No armrest. Poor headlights and poor heater."

Mighty Mouse meets Ford 150

"After a lot of thought it was time for the Lexus to go. 20 mpg in a 12 year old car that only ran on premium unleaded fuel just didn't add up for me. I drove a Smart car in England a couple of years ago but it was too small inside and the semi automatic trans was a pain. I almost went and looked at a Smart car when I remembered that Toyota had come out with the Scion IQ last year so I started doing my research. The car magazines were not kind to it saying that it was slow and the CVT transmission didn't ever seem to be in the right gear, etc, etc. I guess maybe Toyota didn't pay enough to advertise in these magazines because they could not have been driving an IQ. One test drive was all it took for me. The car is a ball in town because of its short size and speedy throttle response. It holds it own in traffic light drag races and on the Interstates cruising comfortably in the fast lane at 80 and it is not disturbed by the wake coming from tractor trailers. The IQ is BIG inside and comfortable for two. Yes it has two back seats but they are better left folded down. Store stuff under them before you fold them down. Toyota designed this car from the inside out first making sure that larger Americans like me could fit in it. I'm 5'11 and 240 lbs and it fits me fine. If there were two of me sitting in a Smart Car we'd be rubbing shoulders. Not in the IQ. Plenty of room for 2 full sized adults. With back seats folded flat there is plenty of room in the back for our two Scottish terriers. First Car I've ever owned that I liked enough to give it a name: Mighty Mouse because it drives and handles above its weight class. 1500 Mile Report This car is the most fun I've had in a car in years! Its getting 33 mpg with me at the helm with my foot to the floor most of time. I bet if I took it easy I could easily get it over 40 mpg. Every time I say to myself that I'm going to take it easy on this tank of gas and see how high I can get the mileage to go to I wind up reverting back to my normal driving style. Maybe it will be different when I grow up!(Current age:60). The IQ is staying rattle free in spite of the pounding it gets on our wonderful PA roads. It's not using any oil and starts up immediately on cold days and defrosters front and rear do a great job. Too bad the exterior rear view mirrors don't have defrosters in them. 12K mile Report See 1500 mile report. All is well, better actually. Installed a TRD Rear Anti Sway Bar and Sylvania headlight bulbs. Forget the Magazines for test results. Here's the real world: 0 to 60MPH ~7 seconds Top Speed 105 mph. Ignition cuts out after that. Speeds over 90 mph require a lot of concentration because the car is short and things happen very fast at high speeds. Here's a short list of what Toyota should add to the IQ: Exterior Rearview Mirror Defrosters Brighter Headlight Bulbs. Replaced mine with Sylvania Silverstar Ultras. Rear Anti Sway Bar. Go into a turn too fast and get ready for some big time lean. Whoppee!! Toyota has one as a dealer installed option but it should be standard. A glove box. Come on Toyota. There's room for one and the one sore point on this car is there are not enough places to store things up front. The sliding drawer under the passenger seat is a cute idea but its not big enough. Better interior lighting. The dinky light up front is not bright enough for anything and there is no light in the rear. Installing aftermarket battery powered LED lamps is a solution but really....Come on Toyota. The Scion brand is a premium brand and these features should be in the IQ for the price charged."

Mighty Mouse meets Ford 150

Happy

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Great Mileage, Conversation Starter"

Cons: "No Center Armrest, No cruise."

"Im mid 50s, 6 foot and better than 200 lbs and this car fits me fine! I've never had a car that was more fun to drive! People watch me get out of it, and immediately walk over and look at the inside of the car. I can see it on their face. You got out of that? Kids are grown up and gone, Just me, the wife, and a big old dog. We have a new Subaru Forester as well. I figured we'd take the Forester on our weekend getaways, but almost always take the IQ. I put the rear seats down the day I bought it. So, every morning, I open the rear hatch, toss my briefcase in the back, and drive to work. I pay zero attention to the economy guage, I just drive the way I want to. The average MPG is almost always 35, and, if we go for a lazy cruise into the mountains, sometimes it averages 37 MPG. Only thing its missing is a center armrest and cruise. I suppose those will be available soon."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion iQ near Honolulu. See local deals