• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2012 Scion iQ

Based on 27 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Great buy for the money!

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Great price, highly likeable and useful"

Cons: "Could use more storage in front - no glove compart"

"As long as you don't need the extra space of a trunk, the car has it all. Two rear seats with belts, headrests, and airbags make it usable for passengers. With the rear seats folded down there is much usable storage and carrying space. The driver/front passenger cabin is huge and gives no feeling of cramping or tight enclosure. Just like driving a full size car. Mileage of 37 mpg. average is honest. Highway even better. Parking tricks are amazing!"

Great Small Car

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Makes you smile!"

Cons: "None so far!"

"I bought a used 2012 iQ and have had it for two months and so far have enjoyed the little car. I am a 6'2" 250lb man in my late 40's and have absolutely no problem getting in and out of this car and am very comfortable riding and driving it. I have driven mini vans for many years with my last one being a fully loaded Chrysler T&C. When I decided to purchase a newer vehicle I took a hard look at how I used a vehicle daily and 99% of my time is back and forth to work and stopping at the grocery store a few times a week with other errands mixed in here and there. At this stage of my life it made economical sense to go with something smaller and so far I have had no regrets. My wife and I are both comfortable in the car and there is plenty of cargo space for groceries or our small dogs when they go with us. The car has plenty of pep and I must say is a lot of fun to drive. I do get alot of stares and a ton of questions from people and alot of them are shocked when I tell them I enjoy the car and they look in and see how much room I have when seated in it. My gas bill has been reduced by 2/3 and that is with me having a bit of a lead foot with the air on. Of course when you compare it to my van there is things I gave up but I knew that when I bought it and comparing them would be like comparing apples to oranges. I owned a few smaller cars when I was younger so I knew what I was getting into buying a small car but I must say the iQ beats those other cars hands down. I will have to wait and see how it does this winter but with its width and wheel size and based on other reviews I don't expect there to be much of an issue. So far the car has exceeded my expectations and I have absolutely no regrets!"

Cute little run about car.

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

"I love my little Scion IQ. It was rated by CR pretty low, but mostly for being low on pep, but I have yet to have that problem at all. I got it before my grandkids started "arriving"so I'll have to sell it pretty soon. Not much room in the back, but that shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone. It's peppy enough for me, plenty of room for driver and passenger, turns on a dime, easy to park. Get's good gas mileage, but because the gas tank is so small, you still have to fill it up comparibly to larger cars, but it's so cheap to do so. I wish they had the old gas meter. It shows you by increments and I never have been able to figure out how long you can go on the empty square, but, just keep it filled up and that won't be a problem. All in all it's a really great little car. Probably not a good car for an overly shy person, because you get lot's of looks, especially smiles. I get at least one compliment every time I drive it. Of cours, I got the "Hot Lava" color and then had an orange scrol design put on both the car doors. It is SO cute and the funny thing is, I get at least as many compliments from men as I do women."

Fantastic car for city driving.

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "MPG, parking, turning, effecient as a 2 seater"

Cons: "no nicnac space, ineffecient int. lighting"

"MPG is 47 with AC off, 38 with Ac on. My driving is 50/50 highway/city. Shortest turning circle in the industry. Negotiating parking lots and making U-turn's are a snap. Adequate power, excellent rear vision, great maneuverability, large front passenger space. With back seat down, very efficient cargo space. Needs better interior lighting, cruise control and center arm rest. Short length makes for extra space in garage."

Just what I was looking for

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, easy to park"

Cons: "Low to the ground, careful what you run over."

"I wanted a small car. Something I could zip around in. Love It. It's not for everyone. My husband wouldn't have it. It's just what I was looking for."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion iQ near Honolulu. See local deals